Carlos Delgado faces flak

LowerCaseRepublican

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...ol=970081593064

From the article...

Delgado spoke out against the U.S. invasion of Iraq in a Star story on July 3, saying he refuses to stand outside the dugout for the playing of "God Bless America." The story was about Delgado's work on the Puerto Rican island of Vieques, where activists successfully ousted the U.S. Navy last year after six decades of weapons testing there.

-snip-

What Delgado told the Star was: "I never stay outside for `God Bless America'. I actually don't think people have noticed it. I don't (stand) because I don't believe it's right. I don't believe in the war."

He added: "It's a very terrible thing that happened on Sept. 11. It's (also) a terrible thing that happened in Afghanistan and Iraq. I just feel so sad for the families that lost relatives and loved ones in the war.

"But I think it's the stupidest war ever. Who are you fighting against? You're just getting ambushed now. We have more people dead now after the war than during the war. You've been looking for weapons of mass destruction. Where are they at? You've been looking for over a year. Can't find them. I don't support that. I don't support what they do. It's just stupid."