Over looking Aaron?

MurcieOne

Aaron Miles of the birmingham barons, is getting really overlooked imo. I know he is approaching 26 and all, and still at AA...... but what a unbelivable season this guy had!

322 avg

9 Hrs

68 RBI

138 runs scored

25 SB's

and only 45k's in 531 ab's

I think he could become a very good back-up ball player on the sox, and someone who is deadly off the bench. Something we've lacked on this team.

What ya'll think?

I don't expect big things from Miles, but maybe he is one of those late bloomers, ala Paul LoDuca of the Dodgers.

I say why not have him up here backing up at second and see what he can do. I think he should be a decent backup as he has more experience and should be ready. Of course he isn't going to get time in AAA which hurts him and 26 in AA is bad. He's only in AA because Harris and Hummel were in AAA.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I don't expect big things from Miles, but maybe he is one of those late bloomers, ala Paul LoDuca of the Dodgers.

I say why not have him up here backing up at second and see what he can do.  I think he should be a decent backup as he has more experience and should be ready.  Of course he isn't going to get time in AAA which hurts him and 26 in AA is bad.  He's only in AA because Harris and Hummel were in AAA.

miles has very good defense.. his offense is great... he is better than hummel....and he can i believe be better than harris as well.... but i think they will keep him down one more year and possible we may see him in sept next year as part of the late call ups....keep your eye on him though.. im sure if he keeps up the numbers he put up this year he will be awesome .......