Delgado's list to 2 teams

Buehrle>Wood

A Toronto Radio(confirmed by another website, also) is reporting that the list of teams given permission to talk about a possible Delgado trade are the Dodgers and of course, us. I don't know why the hell we want him but apparantly, we do. The only way I could see us getting him is if we traded Mags, but we'd have to get another big time starter(ala 3 way trade(ATL) or Batista) because Mags is worth much more than Delgado. I don't know, none of this makes sense to me.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see him and Konerko alternating in playing 1st and DHing. If Maggs is traded, there will be more players/prospects involved. This might let Everett play RF for the season and adds another lefty bat in our lineup....

Of course this is all speculation. It doesn't mean it will get done. There will always be "talking" of trades with us (see ATL with Ortiz/Jones, etc..) Doesn't mean nothing will get serious.

I feel the same way. He's not anti-America (at least, as far as I know), but definitely anti-Bush/anti-War. Regardless of his personal sentiments towards the American government, disgracing God Bless America might fly in Canada but it sure as hell won't fly IN America.

Fuuuuuuck that noise. :fyou

WTF? That comes as a suprise to me. I was thinking the other night, there is no way we want Delgado with that huge salary and already having an all-star 1B. I don't know if I want his anti-american ass here either.

Ahem!! As a follow Puerto Rican i'm gonna stick up for Delgado. I think the USA gives us Freedom of Speach, and he's anti -war. Yes He and his family are Members of the Puertorican Independace party, but he's protesting the war. He stands for the star spangled banner, but NOT FOR God Bless America. Then you just called all the other american who are against the Stupid War anti - american??/ Guess you gotta read more of the constitution.

Have a nice day

I'd like him in the lineup. Forget his view on American politics, because I am not cheering for an election race. His patience and LH bat would help immensely.

So long as it did not cost a ton, he would help more then even Beltran. Problem is, I think he would cost too much, and he ends up in LA.

Ahem!! As a follow Puerto Rican i'm gonna stick up for Delgado. I think the USA gives us Freedom of Speach, and he's anti -war. Yes He and his family are Members of the Puertorican Independace party, but he's protesting the war. He stands for the star spangled banner, but NOT FOR God Bless America. Then you just called all the other american who are against the Stupid War anti - american??/ Guess you gotta read more of the constitution.

Have a nice day

I retract my statement about anti-american, and if you would've read my previous post you would have seen that.

Anyways, he is a great ballplayer and he would be welcome here, but the price would be too much IMO as others have mentioned.

Problem is, I think he would cost too much, and he ends up in LA.

Only if Paul DePodesta gives him a new long term deal, and that won't happen with Frank McCourt becoming the Bruce Ratner of the MLB Owners.

I retract my statement about anti-american, and if you would've read my previous post you would have seen that.

Anyways, he is a great ballplayer and he would be welcome here, but the price would be too much IMO as others have mentioned.

I read your posts. I'm just explaining so you know the facts before you open your mouth and spew hate towards people ;)

You know what i mean. You don't gotta say you do. Your comments were harsh. But it's ok you said you were sorry, Just next time get the facts right.  :)

Ok, I'm not trying to start anything. I guess my "harsh words" are harsh to some who are really into politics and I'm not so I'll watch what I say from now on.

I personally don't care if anyone were to stand up for the Star-Spangled Banner.....it's their choice....not gonna think any less of them....

Can Delgado catch.....if so, yea, do it, but I just don't see how this would work after already getting Ev.