Delgado's list to 2 teams

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things:

1) This is Delgado's list so yes he'd be interested in waiving his clause to come here.

2) Forget about trading Maggs cause it ain't going to happen, our only interest in Delgado would be if Maggs is seriously hurt again. That said, I hope KW is talking about Zaun with the BJ's at the same time.

As long as he plays baseball and plays hard. Who gives a s*** if he like Bush or the war?? His political views aren't why the Sox would be interested in him any damn way. Also I am anti Bush and I think the war in Iraq is Bush doing what his old man didn't have the balls to do when he attack Iraq the first time around. Now if you think that makes me anti American I say go f*** yourself.

As long as he plays baseball and plays hard. Who gives a s*** if he like Bush or the war?? His political views aren't way the Sox would be interested in him any damn way. Also I am anti Bush and I think the war in Iraq is Bush doing what his old man didn't have the balls to do when he attack Iraq the first time around. Now if you think that makes me anti American I say go f*** yourself.

You are Evil....Jester. :P :D :P

Ahem!! As a follow Puerto Rican i'm gonna stick up for Delgado. I think the USA gives us Freedom of Speach, and he's anti -war. Yes He and his family are Members of the Puertorican Independace party, but he's protesting the war. He stands for the star spangled banner, but NOT FOR God Bless America. Then you just called all the other american who are against the Stupid War anti - american??/ Guess you gotta read more of the constitution.

Have a nice day

He is also trying to get the American government to clean the part of Puerto Rico (where he is from) where the American military used to test bombs on a regular basis. This same area, coincidently, has the highest cancer rate in Puerto Rico. I can't blame him for this.

As for a trade to the White Sox and Maggs being sent home for more tests on his knee, we may need his bat in the lineup. The only problem I see is where we put Thomas when he returns. With Konerko, Delgado, Everett and Thomas you have 4 potential DH's. Could you move Lee to right and place Konerko in left and Everett in center, Delgado at first and Thomas DH? Do you bench Crede and put Konerko at third? :huh

Ahem!! As a fellow Puerto Rican, I'm going to stick up for Delgado.

Have a nice day

It is so much easier for us to accept free speech when the person is saying things we agree with. I do not agree with him, but accept his position and am glad that he can do that. That same behavior would have gotten him kicked off the Iraqi team.

BTW, I admire your ability to communicate in English. I get so frustrated when I need to communicate in espanol, knowing I come off as an uneducated, 4th grade drop out. :lol:

It is so much easier for us to accept free speech when the person is saying things we agree with. I do not agree with him, but accept his position and am glad that he can do that. That same behavior would have gotten him kicked off the Iraqi team.

BTW, I admire your ability to communicate in English. I get so frustrated when I need to communicate in espanol, knowing I come off as an uneducated, 4th grade drop out.  :lol:

Hmm so your English isn't too much different from your espanol? :lol:

:notworthy damn, left myself wide open for that.

Has anyone considered the possibility that maybe the Toronto media might only have it half right. Acquiring Delgado doesn't make any sense whatsoever. But maybe the Toronto media is assuming we are pursuing him- when in fact we're interested in someone else ..... Zaun?

rolleyeyes.gif

A Toronto Radio(confirmed by another website, also) is reporting that the list of teams given permission to talk about a possible Delgado trade are the Dodgers and of course, us. I don't know why the hell we want him but apparantly, we do. The only way I could see us getting him is if we traded Mags, but we'd have to get another big time starter(ala 3 way trade(ATL) or Batista) because Mags is worth much more than Delgado. I don't know, none of this makes sense to me.

You don't know why the Sox would want Delgado???

He is one of the best power hitters in baseball, and we are without Thomas and possibly Ordonez.

Other than that, I can't see why we'd want him. :headshake :banghead

You don't know why the Sox would want Delgado???

He is one of the best power hitters in baseball, and we are without Thomas and possibly Ordonez.

Other than that, I can't see why we'd want him.    :headshake    :banghead

I agree, he'd be very nice to have. But where would we put him, is the problem? I mean, if we were to include Maggs in a deal to Toronto, then he can DH for us for a month or two. But what about when Big Hurt gets back?

I really see catcher as the only place (offensively, and defensively) that needs upgrading. I think Harris can handle the 2B duties, and Rowand/Perez out in center should get the job done. Crede will eventually get up to .250+ and play very solid D, and we're solid everywhere else (I'm not talking about pitching here.).

I'd love to have Delgado - but when Thomas gets back, where would we put him?

Delgaod just came off the disabled list. The only thing I can't see with this deal is that if you make the trade, next year you have Konerko, Thomas and Delgado, meaning its going to be hard to trade someone.

However, if the Sox get Thomas to walk or deal one of the guys, then it makes sense. And I know me mentioning Thomas walking will piss a lot of guys off. I do know one thing, Delgado's left handed bat would be a hell of an upgrade to this offense.

Part of me thinks, maybe Maggs is a part of the deal, since he'll be gone and Delgado is signed a little longer (isn't he???), but I think he gets like 16 mill a year or so.

However, if the Sox could get Delgado and Miguel Batista for Maggs, I'd think long and hard about it. I don't know though, cause getting Delgado would mean one of the Sox bats is part of the trade, they would have to be, cause it would make sense any other way, cause he wouldn't have a position.

That or the Sox feel they can get Delgado and then use Maggs to get pieces to get the Big Unit.

On a sidenote, anyone know what the Jays are asking.