Where are the 7/22 games

WSoxShuf

I'm just seeing this now, as my computer has been down for a few days. Anyways, I have a few questions:

-What happened to Dave Sanders? I remember him being, well, not great, but not terrible out of the pen with the Sox. I thought, at the very least, he'd have a shot to be a situational lefty. But now he's at B'Ham with a five + ERA? Maybe I'm just not remembering correctly, but what happened?

-Nanita looks to be dominating at Low-A. Is a call-up to W-S in the near future?

-Gio Gonzalez continues to dominate - and while I like seeing the high K's, I love seeing the low BBs. That's very good to see.

-And finally, for our first-round pick Josh Fields. This was probably addressed a month or so ago, but does he project out to be a high power guy, high average/good contact guy? And - I know he'll probably K a lot, but has he been known to walk a lot too?

Thanks in advance.

I'm just seeing this now, as my computer has been down for a few days.  Anyways, I have a few questions:

-What happened to Dave Sanders?  I remember him being, well, not great, but not terrible out of the pen with the Sox.  I thought, at the very least, he'd have a shot to be a situational lefty.  But now he's at B'Ham with a five + ERA?  Maybe I'm just not remembering correctly, but what happened?

-Nanita looks to be dominating at Low-A.  Is a call-up to W-S in the near future?

-Gio Gonzalez continues to dominate - and while I like seeing the high K's, I love seeing the low BBs.  That's very good to see.

-And finally, for our first-round pick Josh Fields.  This was probably addressed a month or so ago, but does he project out to be a high power guy, high average/good contact guy?  And - I know he'll probably K a lot, but has he been known to walk a lot too?

Thanks in advance.

Keith, I'll tell you what little I know, or what little I think I know ... :lol:

Sanders is in Charlotte, he got rocked early this year, seems to be doing a little better lately. I watched him pitch several times in Tucson, you are right, he could be a decent situational lefty. Good slider, decent fastball, but he needs to command his pitches better. He will be turning 25 so there is still a chance for him, or if some other team likes him he could be trade bait.

Josh Fields ... the Sox think he can hit for both power and average, they like the way he can drive the ball the other way. As for his on base % skills, I think next year will be the judge. There's so many adjustments a young guy like that needs to make when just starting pro ball. He's starting to show his talent a bit. As with any power hitter, we should expect some strikeouts.

Keith, I'll tell you what little I know, or what little I think I know ...  :lol:

Sanders is in Charlotte, he got rocked early this year, seems to be doing a little better lately.  I watched him pitch several times in Tucson, you are right, he could be a decent situational lefty.  Good slider, decent fastball, but he needs to command his pitches better.  He will be turning 25 so there is still a chance for him, or if some other team likes him he could be trade bait. 

Josh Fields ... the Sox think he can hit for both power and average, they like the way he can drive the ball the other way.  As for his on base % skills, I think next year will be the judge.  There's so many adjustments a young guy like that needs to make when just starting pro ball.  He's starting to show his talent a bit.  As with any power hitter, we should expect some strikeouts.

Correct, Sanders has done very well of late.

Also, note that Clint King is back. I knew their was a reason he was in the outfield throwing balls when I was in Kanny. I swore he was out for the year with a busted hammate, but I was obviously wrong.

Great to see him back though, I do know he had a semi serious injury (in terms of keeping him out, but its not one that will have a long term effect).

As far as Dave Sanders goes, watch out in regards to him. He may be the next guy called up, ahead of Wunsch, who should be back on the mound relatively soon.

Sanders has been pitching his butt off as of late and I've heard from a few people that this is the best he's pitched since being in the org (after his awful start).

Gio....yess.....Rodriguez....yess.....Fabio....yes.

Gio is impressing me, high k's, low walks, low hits almost every outing. He's gonna get his shot in Kanny soon enough, imo.