reflecting past and present

Yossarian

Just when you thought it was all over and done with here I am. I'm not here to defend or condemn NCorg or his antagonists. I just wonder if its ever been considered how many people, real good Sox fans and nice people have left one, two or all of the three main WS message boards? I realize that people can easily change their board names, but there are so many names I miss seeing. The MLB board was full of fights, trolls and posters of the mind numbing banal variety. This place was a refuge for so many who abandoned the wreckage that was Whitesox.com. I do miss the old Sox.net but things do change. This site is a monster compared to that one of days gone by. I guess I'm just a simple guy, but one of my greatest thrills in life has been the comraderie I've found with Sox fans, most complete strangers, mainly at the old and new ball parks. There are literally dozens of posters I've enjoyed reading on this and the two other main boards, but overall WS message boards have been a major disappointment. Maybe it's the general nastiness that exists everywhere today. A sense of mindless brigadaccio and anger in every part of the body politic. Too bad. I also wonder. Do other teams message boards have these type of soap operas?

The few times I have been on other team's boards, it looks like they have the same type of thing.

soxtalk has the best posters though, in my opinion - I came over from whitesox.com and stayed because of the quality fo the posters - then the other extras here like real sox news and everything that turned into futuresox.com, that kept me staying

I believe that everyone has an on-line persona that is different than in "real life". We all can express ourselves better in person, verbally, with gestures than we sometimes can on-line with nothing but words and smilies.

Ncorgbl went beyond that and placed himself above everyone and berated too many people. He was playing king of the hill and finally lost. He fell further, faster, and harder not because of what others did, bit because of the dizzying heights he put himself on.

I believe that everyone has an on-line persona that is different than in "real life". We all can express ourselves better in person, verbally, with gestures than we sometimes can on-line with nothing but words and smilies.

Ncorgbl went beyond that and placed himself above everyone and berated too many people. He was playing king of the hill and finally lost. He fell further, faster, and harder not because of what others did, bit because of the dizzying heights he put himself on.

I agree about the whole online persona thing--oh hold on, the bat signal just appeared in the clouds, I have to run...

That's interesting. I think that almost everyone that I've met in person.. except for a couple.. have been great. And I think I'm pretty much the same in person as I am on line...

That's interesting. I think that almost everyone that I've met in person.. except for a couple.. have been great. And I think I'm pretty much the same in person as I am on line...

Steff,

How often have you posted something and later shook your head that it was so misrepresented? I know I can communciate better in person than in a post. Even with green, subtle humor is lost, you cannot see the other person's reaction to tell if they "get" it. We almost never see what the person looks like, etc.

Same thing that people have a different persona at work, at the gym, on vacation. Plus here we talk about the Sox quite a bit, in real life you probably talk to your friends about more than the Sox.