Magic trade Gooden, acquire Battie...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1845337

If Tony Battie had a capable body he'd be a great player, but because he has the legs of yours and mines eighty year old grandmother this is one of the worst trades ever especially since the Magic are giving up not only Gooden but other players aswell.

DBAHO and the other Magic fans on this board must be throwing up...

Wtf don't be ripping on Batman.  He brings it every night, an attitude the Magic need more of.

That's the only possibly justification I can see for this trade, we get 2 future 2nd round picks as well. But c'mon, Drew Gooden 2 years ago had a 20/10 series against Ben Wallace. The worst move this franchise made was signing Juwan Howard to a 6 year deak, it killed Gooden's future with the Magic. But at least get a starting center, like Erick Dampier in a sign and trade deal for him, instead of Tony Battie, who will be backing up Kelvin Cato and Dwight Howard for the next 2 years.

Watch out for the Cavs. They will be good this comming year

PG-Snow (McInnis)

SG-James (Wagner)

C-Ilgauskas (Dipo)

SF-Jackson (Pavolvic)

PF-Gooden (Vin Baker?)

McInnins will be starting with Eric Snow backing him up, although I expect McInnins to be moved, possibly to Dallas for Josh Howard.

I don't like this trade for Orlando, but two of the guys on the radio where I live did. They both said that Gooden's stats are "plastic" and that he can't be counted on when the team needs him. He also has no heart and is a 'tweener. I guess after seeing him in Memphis was enough for these guys to make an opinion on Gooden. Although, being on his 3rd team in 2 years, doesn't say much about Gooden, does it?

Magic fan here, and I like this trade. While we probably lose more talent than gained we fare ok. Gooden is soft, especially on defense, he is easily dominated downlow, and doesn't rebound for crap. I am kinda mad they added our 2nd round pick Varejo, but since we've never seen him play yet its not that big of a loss. I hear Battie is a leader in the locker room and a 'good guy' so that definatly is good for our locker room, plus we also pick an additional 2 second round picks. On top of all that it was obvious Gooden had to go because the power foward of our future is Dwight Howard and not Drew Gooden. Good luck with the Cavs, but you wont be missed much by me.