Kenny Williams on AM 1000

CWSGuy406

4:45. Ill give a recap.

EDIT: RECAP.

-Can't replace Maggs or Thomas, but pitching will do it. Need consistency from offense and defense. Hinted at another move, but no quick fix. Cannot replace Maggs or Thomas. No need for 'reactionary move'. Need to assess where the team is at, look for fits for this team and this situation.

-Maggs injury - no real timetable on Maggs return. Wait and see how rehab goes.

-Trades - Kenny talks to every team, basically looking for any and every possibility. Hinted at one person not named Finley or Hillenbrand, that is VERY available on the D'Backs.

-Cleveland Series - Garcia and Buehrle's appearances were excellent, encouraging. Need more of that if playoffs are a possibility.

-More Trades - Not talking to the Cubs. Talked during subway series, but nothing of interest anymore.

-Kenny won't run for republican Senate. :lol:

-Finally - Mac asked him if Ozzie showed up to a press-conference with a kid, if Kenny would say something to Ozzie? Ken says no, citing the Sox Organization as a family environment.

Good-byes.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would Alomar play? Harris and Uribe are at second, unless one of them is in the trade. Rowand is in center, so you can't move harris out there. Where would Robbie fit in the scheme of things?

Where would Alomar play? Harris and Uribe are at second, unless one of them is in the trade. Rowand is in center, so you can't move harris out there. Where would Robbie fit in the scheme of things?

Likely second base, but he wouldn't have to play everyday. Willie can spell at second at CF, and pinchrun, maybe PH in the right situatuion. Uribe can spell at 2B, SS, and 3B, and PH. I think it would mostly be a platoon, though.

Right now, If Willie nor Uribe is in the lineup we aren't missing too much.

since we dont need another infielder ill assume its Danny Bautista. i think we can get him.

bingo. i heard mark grace on the radio a few weeks ago and he said at the time that bautista and finley were the two most likely players to go.

i can't imagine that the sox would want to bring back alomar after the circumstances he left under.

I think KW was talking about Alomar. He wanted him back in the offseason. Alomar told Farmio in spring training he hoped the Sox traded for him at the deadline again. Harris and Uribe have been struggling offensively. If this continues the next week, KW will probably pick up Alomar for a bag of balls. Harris might be looking at more time in Charlotte. Who knows, maybe he gets Bautista and Alomar and gives up one of two, along with a average at best prospect.

alomar.... = no thanks

we can do much better then that

its time for JR to step it up and go out to get the best we can, and im not talkin about 1 peice.... im talking 2 or 3.... i know its a pipe dream, but hey... if he is serious about doin this now, then he needs to show his team and his fans

get a pitcher, a power hitter, and a guy that can hit in the top of the order and get on base a lot

its asking A TON but i think that if the white sox org. is gonna follow KW's win now mind set, then we need to do this

:bringit

I think KW was talking about Alomar. He wanted him back in the offseason. Alomar told Farmio in spring training he hoped the Sox traded for him at the deadline again. Harris and Uribe have been struggling offensively. If this continues the next week, KW will probably pick up Alomar for a bag of balls. Harris might be looking at more time in Charlotte. Who knows, maybe he gets Bautista and Alomar and gives up one of two, along with a average at best prospect.

Maybe I'm reading wrong, but what has Harris done to be sent down to Charlotte? He's been our most consistent top of the order hitter, albeit the slump in June, which IMHO, was caused by a lack of PT and confidence (which came from Uribe's hot-start, which, now over, the second base job should be Harris' alone.)

Maybe I'm reading wrong, but what has Harris done to be sent down to Charlotte?  He's been our most consistent top of the order hitter, albeit the slump in June, which IMHO, was caused by a lack of PT and confidence (which came from Uribe's hot-start, which, now over, the second base job should be Harris' alone.)

Consistent and Willie Harris shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. He started slowly, got real hot, and has pretty much done nothing since. He can be a good player, no doubt, but right now he isn't playing like a guy who could help you make the playoffs. Uribe is the same way, but he can fill in at 3rd and short. Uribe has a ton of talent, but his pattern of fading after a hot start seems to be holding true here.

has pretty much done nothing since.

Willie Harris' last 4 games.

4-10 (.400) 1RBI 12B 4R 5BB 1SO

Looks like he's getting hot to me.

The only reason Willie was slumping a bit was beacause he was hardly playing (Uribe was hot during that time then started to fade which has Willie playing again) Now Willie's BA is better thn Uribe's and Willie is getting on base a hell of alot more.

with Thomas out, Harris probably has the best eye on the team right now. out or not, he's going deep into counts, which will eventually lead to him getting on base. stick with him.

I agree with Ritchie Allen 100% on Harris. Sure, he may get to first base, and every now and then, he'll get to second base on his own. He only has, I'm pretty sure, 10 swipes, not nearly as much as he should, and has absolutely no power and doesn't drive in a whole lot of runs.

My 2 cents.

I agree with Ritchie Allen 100% on Harris. Sure, he may get to first base, and  every now and then, he'll get to second base on his own. He only has, I'm pretty sure, 10 swipes, not nearly as much as he should, and has absolutely no power and doesn't drive in a whole lot of runs.     

My 2 cents.

Lead-off hitters do not drive in many runs and the majority of second baseman have limited if no power.