Buerhle to pitch season Opener!

bulokis

It didn't matter to Buehrle or Colon who started first. Everyone was screaming that Mark should be the number one pitcher. He is. So what is the problem.

HSC, surely you don't want MB in the number 4 slot, do you? To me, that would be a major disrespect. That's where he'd have to be to pitch the home opener.

Guest hotsoxchick1
It didn't matter to Buehrle or Colon who started first.  Everyone was screaming that Mark should be the number one pitcher.  He is.  So what is the problem. 

HSC, surely you don't want MB in the number 4 slot, do you?  To me, that would be a major disrespect.  That's where he'd have to be to pitch the home opener.

ya know not that i want him in the 4th spot but.. i think that he and colon should be split by 1 or 2 spots anyhow.... why put your 2 best up back to back when you can spread out the wins instead??? jmho............

It didn't matter to Buehrle or Colon who started first.  Everyone was screaming that Mark should be the number one pitcher.  He is.  So what is the problem.  

HSC, surely you don't want MB in the number 4 slot, do you?  To me, that would be a major disrespect.  That's where he'd have to be to pitch the home opener.

ya know not that i want him in the 4th spot but.. i think that he and colon should be split by 1 or 2 spots anyhow.... why put your 2 best up back to back when you can spread out the wins instead??? jmho............

I'd say throw your best two as often as you can, which you accomplish by putting them one and two.

It didn't matter to Buehrle or Colon who started first.  Everyone was screaming that Mark should be the number one pitcher.  He is.  So what is the problem.  

HSC, surely you don't want MB in the number 4 slot, do you?  To me, that would be a major disrespect.  That's where he'd have to be to pitch the home opener.

You don't want them split because the two will make eachother better when pitching back to back. They both have completely different pitching styles and one is a lefty the other a righty. Colon the power pitcher, Buehrle the guy with a ton of pitches that goes quick and uses his control. It will be real hard for teams to adjust to the contrasting styles.

Neither cared who started first, Sox fans complained that Buehrle should be the #1 and thats what happened. Supposedly the pitchers new about it a long time ago.

You don't want them split because the two will make eachother better when pitching back to back.  They both have completely different pitching styles and one is a lefty the other a righty.  Colon the power pitcher, Buehrle the guy with a ton of pitches that goes quick and uses his control.  It will be real hard for teams to adjust to the contrasting styles. 

Neither cared who started first, Sox fans complained that Buehrle should be the #1 and thats what happened.  Supposedly the pitchers new about it a long time ago.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

i think that he and colon should be split by 1 or 2 spots anyhow.... why put your 2 best up back to back when you can spread out the wins instead??? jmho............

I don't usually disagree with you, but on this I do. Putting MB and BC 1-2 ensures that, if healthy, they can start almost half of the first 60 games. Your 1-2 combo usually start more games per year than your 3-4 and definitely more than your 4-5. MB and BC are our best and they need to be 1-2 in our rotation.

Supposedly the pitchers new about it a long time ago.

Apparently, that's not quite accurate. MB kind of thought he was going to open the season, but JM never said anything directly. MB had to go to JM to get a definitive answer so he would know what to say to the press in the event he was asked about it. JM should have informed MB when he told Colon. Not cool on JM's part.

Supposedly the pitchers new about it a long time ago.

Apparently, that's not quite accurate. MB kind of thought he was going to open the season, but JM never said anything directly. MB had to go to JM to get a definitive answer so he would know what to say to the press in the event he was asked about it. JM should have informed MB when he told Colon. Not cool on JM's part.

that seems to be the "modus operendi" ( thats about my extent of latin :lol: ) for JM....he cant seem to get that part right

I am happy for Buerhle, very. However, I would have liked to see Colon be our #1 guy and here is why: Instead of having a lefty, and then four righties, it would go righty, lefty, and then only three righties. I just think that would be a smarty rotation. Otherwise... way to go Buerhle :headbang !

with only one lefty in the rotation it will be 1 lefty and 4 righties no matter where you put the lefty....if stewart gets the 5th spot then it makes to break up the lefties

I am happy for Buerhle, very. However, I would have liked to see Colon be our #1 guy and here is why: Instead of having a lefty, and then four righties, it would go righty, lefty, and then only three righties. I just think that would be a smarty rotation. Otherwise... way to go Buerhle :headbang !

with only one lefty in the rotation it will be 1 lefty and 4 righties no matter where you put the lefty....if stewart gets the 5th spot then it makes to break up the lefties

Good point. I know, either way, it is four righties and a lefty, but it would be better if the White Sox mixed up the rotation. Yeah, though, Stewart would be another lefty the Sox would have in the rotation. Nonetheless, mixing up your rotation always helps your team.

You'd still have 4 righties in a row. Garland, Wright, Loiaza and Colon.

HSC, normally I don't have a problem with what you say, but in this thread, I actually started to get angry while reading your posts. Why does it matter so much that Buehrle start the home opener? That would put him in the 4 slot, as others have mentioned. How the hell do you plan to get the rotation back on track then after messing it up like that, just so MB can throw the home opener?

As far as putting spots in between MB and Colon goes, the reason for that is that our best two match the opposition's best two starters. I.E. Buehrle vs. Johnson, then Garland vs. Schilling? Why? Wouldn't you rather have Colon go against Schilling than Garland?

And why talk so much s*** about Colon? Last I checked, his records are better than Ritchie's, and we gave up s*** to get him. You talk to about him as if he just pulled a Ritchie.

What you've just said doesn't add up to two cents, baseball wise.

HSC, normally I don't have a problem with what you say, but in this thread, I actually started to get angry while reading your posts.   Why does it matter so much that Buehrle start the home opener?  That would put him in the 4 slot, as others have mentioned.  How the hell do you plan to get the rotation back on track then after messing it up like that, just so MB can throw the home opener?  

As far as putting spots in between MB and Colon goes, the reason for that is that our best two match the opposition's best two starters.   I.E.   Buehrle vs. Johnson,  then Garland vs. Schilling?  Why? Wouldn't you rather have Colon go against Schilling than Garland?

And why talk so much s*** about Colon?  Last I checked, his records are better than Ritchie's, and we gave up s*** to get him.  You talk to about him as if he just pulled a Ritchie.

What you've just said doesn't add up to two cents, baseball wise.

:lol:, someone got told. Wonder who? :rolleyes:

rewarding what... it sucks he should be pitching the home opener......not the road opener.. who gives two s***s about that ..we want to see him in his house... not someone elses...............

In baseball, its always been that your best pitcher is rewarded ans HONORED to be your opening day pitcher. be it at your own park or at another. You think Pedro or RJ care if they start there game at home or away? i bet they are honored just to be their teams opening day starter. HSC you also brought up a point about why have them pitch together. The post directly above mine makes that point just as well as i ever could.

Having the two pitch together has them go up against the best 2 of the other teams... why take the garenteed win at the 4th spot... and take a loss at the 2nd? why not give yourself a good chance to win against each by placing your best up against them.

Also HSC, great scoup last week on the MB contract talks :P