Cliff Politte

Winning Ugly

Suddenly, Cliff has had a string of good consecutive outings. Since June 21st he's only given up 1 earned run in almost 11 innings. Not alot of Ks like Flash brought into a game, but at least he's holding our leads as well as Marte, and ranked 5th in the AL in holds.

He can be a huge key to our stretch run. We have all talked so much about the Garcia, Everett and Uribe additions plus the steady play of Rowand, but it's time to recognize Cliff because he's come such a long way since April 1.

I was so happy when we got Cliff, and he really let me down. I talked to Him in Toronto when we made the trip up there, and he PROMISED ME he would get better.

He came over and I said "Cliff, we love you in Chicago(BS at the time) and he replied by saying "I promise Ill get better, I know I have been bad" Signed my jersey and walked away with Billy. Good times, And I really think my talk helped. LOL

Cliff has been a stud lately, and if he keeps it up, games will be over by the 7th.

:notworthy :notworthy Nicely done tony, where would we be without you? :lol:

I was so happy when we got Cliff, and he really let me down. I talked to Him in Toronto when we made the trip up there, and he PROMISED ME he would get better.

He came over and I said "Cliff, we love you in Chicago(BS at the time) and he replied by saying "I promise Ill get better, I know I have been bad" Signed my jersey and walked away with Billy. Good times, And I really think my talk helped. LOL

Cliff has been a stud lately, and if he keeps it up, games will be over by the 7th.

My BS-O-Meter is going off the charts right now :bang

Cliff has solved the RH setup problem, for the time being. He seems to have regained his good "stuff" and has shown some pretty good control...even against lefties when Ozzie botches calls to the pen.

It's all about his control right now, he's getting ahead in the counts and he's able to throw his slider for strikes, if he continues to throw strikes he's going to continue to be unhittable. Krush if you were at the game did you notice that ozzie put a R on his right arm and a L on his left arm to make fun of himself for messing that up. :lol: I didn't notice it at the game but willsy was talking about it on the postgame.

It's all about his control right now, he's getting ahead in the counts and he's able to throw his slider for strikes, if he continues to throw strikes he's going to continue to be unhittable.  Krush if you were at the game did you notice that ozzie put a R on his right arm and a L on his left arm to make fun of himself for messing that up. :lol: I didn't notice it at the game but willsy was talking about it on the postgame.

Since i was in the upper deck, i couldn't notice that. But i did notice that when he made the move for Marte, he just used both hands and pointed to the pen repeatedly, which i found kinda funny.

And since i was at the game, can anyone that watched on TV answer this - why did dmitri young ask for the ball when he walked? Esteban threw it in to the dugout..Ozzie had it and was messing with the other dugout about it, looked like he was making a "pay me for it" motion and kidding them. I don't think i've seen a ball taken out after a guy has walked before.

Since i was in the upper deck, i couldn't notice that. But i did notice that when he made the move for Marte, he just used both hands and pointed to the pen repeatedly, which i found kinda funny.

And since i was at the game, can anyone that watched on TV answer this - why did dmitri young ask for the ball when he walked? Esteban threw it in to the dugout..Ozzie had it and was messing with the other dugout about it, looked like he was making a "pay me for it" motion and kidding them. I don't think i've seen a ball taken out after a guy has walked before.

It was probably the ball that Pudge got his 2000th hit with.