Ministry

The Critic

Just picked up the new Ministry CD and thought I'd share my thoughts:

I had been disappointed in the last couple of Ministry CDs so I thought I'd wait to hear something online or on the radio before I decided to give this one a chance. Well, I heard "No W" on Q101's "Local 101" and really enjoyed it. It's kind of a return to form for Ministry, with the metallic riffs and audio samples of George W. throught a couple of songs. Al Jourgensen's very blatant about his opinion of the President, and this is an angry disc, which gives the music a nice edge whether you agree with his opinion or not.

It's reminiscent of their Psalm 69 disc, which is my favorite Ministry CD. If you like that, you'll like this.

Favorite songs from Houses Of The Mole are "No W", "Waiting", "Worthless", "Warp City" and "WTV".

( Yeah, all the song titles start with W.....kinda lame.... )

I've already burned a CD with my faves from this one and from Psalm 69, so I'm set for a good driving CD.

How does it compare to Rape and Honey and A Mind is a Terrible Thing?

I have to admit that other than getting a chuckle out of "Jesus Built My Hotrod" when it came out, I had lost interest in anything they were doing by then. Then again I'm one of the apparent few people that thought they sounded more original way back on Twitch and went too metallic on Rape and honey. I guess I'm more pre-Industrial than Industrial, eh?

It leans to the metallic side of Ministry more than the industrial, and the dancefloor Ministry is dead forever.

As I mentioned, it's VERY close in style to Psalm 69, in fact I think people would say it's too close, almost like a sequel or re-hash, but I like it a lot.

It leans to the metallic side of Ministry more than the industrial, and the dancefloor Ministry is dead forever.

As I mentioned, it's VERY close in style to Psalm 69, in fact I think people would say it's too close, almost like a sequel or re-hash, but I like it a lot.

Yeah, I don't see them (or anyone) ever coming out with another With Sympathy or anything. Not that that is a bad thing, mind you... :D