Kelly Wunsht

BrandoFan

As mad as I was at his (really) ugly ass for blowing the decisive game of the 2000 ALDS...let's face it: he was outstanding for us that year and is looking even better now that he has recovered from the injury. Him and Munoz and Marte should be awesome (compare those three southpaws at their sharpest to the sorry-ass lefty bullpen we jad for the most of 83-win 2001!) and Sox will be on their way to a 95-98 win season.

Go Sox!

Guest hotsoxchick1
As mad as I was at his (really) ugly ass for blowing the decisive game of the 2000 ALDS...let's face it:  he was outstanding for us that year and is looking even better now that he has recovered from the injury.  Him and Munoz and Marte should be awesome (compare those three guys art their sharpest to the sorry-ass 2001 bullpen!) and Sox will be on their way to a 96-98-win season.

Go Sox!

ill be happy if he can go more than two batters this year.. maybe shoot for a couple of innings at a time??? hope thats not too much to ask....

As mad as I was at his (really) ugly ass for blowing the decisive game of the 2000 ALDS...let's face it:  he was outstanding for us that year and is looking even better now that he has recovered from the injury.  Him and Munoz and Marte should be awesome (compare those three guys art their sharpest to the sorry-ass 2001 bullpen!) and Sox will be on their way to a 96-98-win season.

Go Sox!

ill be happy if he can go more than two batters this year.. maybe shoot for a couple of innings at a time??? hope thats not too much to ask....

That's more JM than K Wunsch, IMO, HSC.

As mad as I was at his (really) ugly ass for blowing the decisive game of the 2000 ALDS...let's face it:  he was outstanding for us that year and is looking even better now that he has recovered from the injury.  Him and Munoz and Marte should be awesome (compare those three guys art their sharpest to the sorry-ass 2001 bullpen!) and Sox will be on their way to a 96-98-win season.

Go Sox!

That's more JM than K Wunsch, IMO, HSC.

I agree.... wunschie is a specialty lefty guy.... not meant for multiple innings, most of the time...

I could care less if he faces 1 batter or 6 -- as long as he retires who JM asks him to retire.

I could care less if he faces 1 batter or 6 -- as long as he retires who JM asks him to retire.

:) me too. infact i really dont care who is out there has long has they can do that.

Compare those three southpaws at their sharpest to the sorry-ass lefty bullpen we jad for the most of 83-win 2001!

Wow, just seeing those three go for three innings (one a pitcher) is dizzying. Those three could take out a ton of lefties, not to mention a few rigthies along the way. These three super southpaws will rock any team and whatever lineup they could come up with :headbang ........ Unless it is a lineup of complete righties :P !

Go Sox!

1, 2, or 3 batters max is his job.

I'll go on record now.....

Wunsch will not last the season with the Sox unless there are injuries that make it necessary or he is the last man in the pen being used in a mop up role only.

His year was 2000 and it will be his only year. He will likely start with the club (and probably deserves to) but we have better and that will play out over the course of the season.

Look for Sanders or Munoz to take over his role at some point in the season.

Wunsch has his role.  He needs to be used in that role.  He's not as effective against righties.

Right! But, I thought it might've been nice for him to work a little on pitching to righties so he can in a pinch be used against them!

I don't know if he can exactly work on how he pitches against righties. The fastest he'll ever throw it is 82 or 83(and that's when he is throwing his hardest) or so I assume. It's his funky ass delivery that f***s up a lot of lefties, and where it hits the plate against them. A guy like that will never have good control....and lefties that can get out righties either have real good stuff or real good control(or a mix of the two). That's why Damaso can get righties out, and Wunsch can't....Wunsch doesn't have good stuff or control, and Damaso does.

Wunsch has his role.  He needs to be used in that role.  He's not as effective against righties.

Right! But, I thought it might've been nice for him to work a little on pitching to righties so he can in a pinch be used against them!

I don't know if he can exactly work on how he pitches against righties. The fastest he'll ever throw it is 82 or 83(and that's when he is throwing his hardest) or so I assume. It's his funky ass delivery that f***s up a lot of lefties, and where it hits the plate against them. A guy like that will never have good control....and lefties that can get out righties either have real good stuff or real good control(or a mix of the two). That's why Damaso can get righties out, and Wunsch can't....Wunsch doesn't have good stuff or control, and Damaso does.

he would have to have pinpoint control of that running fastball..hitting the outside corner..forcing guys to chase that pitch..if he comes inside to a righty he would get killed

Guest hotsoxchick1
I thought Wusnch could get it up on the radar a bit more, like 86-88.  Don't quote me on that though.

ive never seen kelly over 84 myself..ive seen him as low as 79

and even a 76 in there as well... hes not a high number tosser.......i dont ever recall him breakin 90...............he may have but ive never seen it........

I thought Wusnch could get it up on the radar a bit more, like 86-88.  Don't quote me on that though.

ive never seen kelly over 84 myself..ive seen him as low as 79

and even a 76 in there as well... hes not a high number tosser.......i dont ever recall him breakin 90...............he may have but ive never seen it........

He just relies on his good movement and control as well as the delivery. Well if he's throwing 84 and can get guys out then its fine by me.

Guest hotsoxchick1

its got to be moreso on his delivery.... you dont know what to expect with that side arm style..... if you watch him close enough sometimes it looks like he scrapes his knuckles on the mound with his upswing arm motion before he releases...............does that make sense???? you know what i mean right.......

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/spli...ts?statsId=6440

He is a LOOGY. His job is to get out one lefty, maybe two. He does his job, we need him, anyone who thinks otherwise is out of their mind.

I agree. When Kelly has been completely healthy, he was pretty damn good. And even last year, a 3.41 ERA is nothing to sneeze at. Seeing the breakdown of righty vs lefty batters, I was surprised to see righties only hit .268 against him. That's not great, but I thought it would have been higher.