JOE FUCKING CREDE!!!!!

Obstacle 1

i can't believe i missed this game...why did i have to have a birthday dinner...AWE!

because it was your birthday??????

HB by the way :cheers

I suggest in yars to come you do something simple like pass the word the only birthday dinner you want on your birthday is one purchased at USCF - hell, my birthday is a tradition where a bunch of my friends go with me every year - not only is it a great tradition, being with my closest friends at my favorite place to be in the whole world, but everyone remembers to get me a present! So make going to the game your tradition - :cheers :cheers

all the people trashing on Joe lately... where are they?

Funny how they're all Joe Crede's biggest fans now that he came up mega-clutch tonight, ehh? A week ago I was hearing to put Uribe at third. Crede's always been solid at third, and if he can get up to .260-.270 this year, that will be absolutely huge.

BTW - Not meaning to toot my own horn here, but I called the Joe Crede homer. On the jumbo-tron, they had the dates of Joe Crede's three game winning hits. I was telling my friend's dad, "They should put a four 'game-winning' hits up there, because he's gonna homer right now."

It was awesome! f***in awesome! :snr

Tonight’s game was just big. Hopefully the Sox will get in a big ass winning streak, not to mention we will face the Twins and hopefully after the 28th, they’ll be 3 games behind so that we’ll have sole possession of 1st place :headbang

not so sure I'd call him the greatest but he is up there ...

and you have always been one of the rational ones who remembered Robins's struggles and how patience was the key to opening that door - knowing the history of the game and not yelling "so and so sucks" every time a talented player goes 0 for 40 something or 0 for 50 something has always impressed me with your rationality on baseball  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

There was something about those teams that was fun to watch. Whole bunch of talent that wasn't quite ready yet, but you could see it flashed in some of the things they did.

Robin was an incredible mix of leadership by example, incredible clutch hitting, poetic defense (who was better charging the bunt?) and guts. I would take Robin in his prime over any other Chicago 3B without a doubt.

BTW - Not meaning to toot my own horn here, but I called the Joe Crede homer.  On the jumbo-tron, they had the dates of Joe Crede's three game winning hits.  I was telling my friend's dad, "They should put a four 'game-winning' hits up there, because he's gonna homer right now."

It was awesome!  f***in awesome!  :snr

I was thinking the same thing man; I was like he might as well add to that nice little stat! It was great too; the family in front of me hated Crede for some reason. It was pissing me off. I had to ask them at the end of the game, do you mind telling me who got the two biggest hits for Sox tonight? They reluctantly but happily said Joe MF Crede! :headbang :lol:

• 8 months later...
QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 24, 2004 -> 10:37 PM)
Funny how they're all Joe Crede's biggest fans now that he came up mega-clutch tonight, ehh?  A week ago I was hearing to put Uribe at third.  Crede's always been solid at third, and if he can get up to .260-.270 this year, that will be absolutely huge.

".260-.270" :lol:

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 24, 2004 -> 09:37 PM)
Funny how they're all Joe Crede's biggest fans now that he came up mega-clutch tonight, ehh?  A week ago I was hearing to put Uribe at third.  Crede's always been solid at third, and if he can get up to .260-.270 this year, that will be absolutely huge.

BTW - Not meaning to toot my own horn here, but I called the Joe Crede homer.  On the jumbo-tron, they had the dates of Joe Crede's three game winning hits.  I was telling my friend's dad, "They should put a four 'game-winning' hits up there, because he's gonna homer right now."

LOL as I'm reading this thread, I realized I took you to that game!!! hahaha

but right now, Crede needs to pick it up before someone takes the bat out of his hands.