On Baseball tonight

Buehrle>Wood

I know we've had this discussion a thousand times but it should be interesting to here what Baseball tonight says.

They will say yes to frank only if he gets 500. But bagwell will get in either way because he has always played the field. Just a hunch.

Seven straight years of atleast a .300 ba.  20 hr's,  100 rbi's,  100 runs,  and 100 walks.  A career .308 ba.  A former batting champion.  2 time mvp.  Almost 500 hr's.  And didn't need steroids,  cork,  etc to do that.  Yeah.  He's a hall of famer to me.

Someone has a little excerpt from a article of an old Si in there sig that says a manager would have to seriosuly think about about intentionally walking him if the bases were loaded. So if managers have to think about that a player has got to be in the hall of fame in my opinion. Allso all the numbers you mentioned are incredible.

Someone has a little excerpt from a article of an old Si in there sig that says a manager would have to seriosuly think about about intentionally walking him if the bases were loaded. So if managers have to think about that a player has got to be in the hall of fame in my opinion. Allso all the numbers you mentioned are incredible.

I remember reading that in Sports Illustrated back in 1994. That was the year Frank had a legit shot at the triple crown. That's the kinda fear he put into the hearts of opposing pitchers/managers.

He was THE best hitter in baseball for a while there. He had awesome years from 91-97, another one in 2000, and another pretty good year last year. If a guy that hit .300 with 40 homers 4 times(would have been 5 if not for the 94 strike, he finished with 38 in only 113 games!), and had 100 RBI or more in 10 seasons doesn't get in, something is wrong.

Of course the All-Time hits leader and a .356 career hitter aren't in. :ph34r:

P.S. "Shoeless Joe" got screwed!

I remember reading that in Sports Illustrated back in 1994.  That was the year Frank had a legit shot at the triple crown.  That's the kinda fear he put into the hearts of opposing pitchers/managers.

I hate talking about the '94 season. It just makes me sick knowing that Frank probably would have won the Triple Crown, and we probably would've won the World Series.

Frank Thomas 1st ballot HOF Yeeessss!  :headbang

Sorry to change subject but..

Do you think Hawk can get in for broadcasting when he retires?

He has plenty of one liners and is very knowledgeable. Just curious

The thing is many people like him, but on the other hand many people dislike him.

Tom Verducci wrote an article a couple years ago about I think it was 12 players in MLB history that have finished in the top 10 in homers and average in the same season 5 times or more in their career...11 of the 12 are in the HoF...the 1 that is not...Frank Thomas...meaning, according to those numbers, he is a friggin lock.

We'll see though...if Edgar makes it in, Thomas has to...Thomas has better overall numbers and played in the field longer then Edgar did as well.

1st ballot IMO.

Second or third. He's going in basically as a DH. NL writers may struggle with that. No WS appearances will also hurt him. Check the last 40 years, only a handful of players without a WS appearance have been elected.

THomas will be there. He is the greatest batter and all around hitter I've seen in person dating back to the late 1960s.

Second or third. He's going in basically as a DH. NL writers may struggle with that. No WS appearances will also hurt him. Check the last 40 years, only a handful of players without a WS appearance have been elected.

Nellie Fox (if he were alive) could tell you all about that... :(

I remember reading that in Sports Illustrated back in 1994.  That was the year Frank had a legit shot at the triple crown.  That's the kinda fear he put into the hearts of opposing pitchers/managers.

He needs to put that fear back into them now.

ayoooooooo, check the signature. :headbang