WHAT THE FUCK??

We've made the playoffs in worser situations!! Like in 2001 with Fiedler and Lamar Smith at RB, who no even heard of before the season.  Of course he did have one hell of a year.

That's not going to happen this year. Miami's entire offense was centered around Williams. They have to come up with an answer in about a month and a half with that assclown as a coach?

Not gonna happen.

Atleast the Bills won't finish in last place this year.

That's not going to happen this year.  Miami's entire offense was centered around Williams.  They have to come up with an answer in about a month and a half with that assclown as a coach?

Not gonna happen.

Atleast the Bills won't finish in last place this year.

Ha, if you think the bills are going to finish higher then miami you got another thing coming.

Yeah, you mean like the 4.8 yards per carry he averaged in 2002? 5th about RBs in the NFL.... rolleyeyes.gif

I was thinking of the fact that outside of Eddie George, Williams had the worst yards per carry of all the 1000 yard rushers last season.

The perception of Williams as an elite back improves his over-ratedness. He is a good, but no longer elite back.

I was thinking of the fact that outside of Eddie George, Williams had the worst yards per carry of all the 1000 yard rushers last season.

The perception of Williams as an elite back improves his over-ratedness.  He is a good, but no longer elite back.

Thank you, that is what i was trying to say but he would not agree.

If you're only in it for the money, and you get all the money you'll ever need, then it makes sense to get out. No point in continuing to get hit by huge guys if you're not in it for the championships or the sport of it. Nothing wrong with that at all. To each his own.

What was wrong was the timing - he waits until Eddie George signs somewhere else to inform the team. That was not right at all.

I don't think he'll ever return to football unless he blows all his cash. He says he wants to travel the world and he's starting with a one-way ticket to Asia.

rasta is retiring to focus on the kind full time, he's heading to asia to travel the word, also heard he was hanging out with Lenny Kravitz recently.....lol

seriously though i like Ricky, he'll be back, once he says he might come back, some gm will offer him a sick deal and he'll come back.

The only thing wrong with Ricky's retiring is what has been mentioned, the timing. He should have done this before the draft so they could get a replacement. But, I can't blame himi for wanting to get out now, if its what makes him happy then good for him. Lots of people couldn't turn down the money and fame he receives.

Also as to the 4 yards per carry thing, anything at 4 or over is very good for a running back that is over 1000 yards. You have to be a good player to be able to carry the ball 300+ times for 4-5 years in a row. Just take a look at my favorite player Jerome Bettis. His career average is 4 per carry and he's one of the top 10 running backs of all time. His greatness is in his durability. I will admit Ricky's 3.5 ypc last year was lacking. But being able to carry the ball 392 times is pretty special. 1000 yards is decent for a back, 1200 is the mark of a good running back.

Well, make no mistake about it: Ricky Williams sucked last year. If you take a look at his game log, he had some pitiful statisitics in a number of important games.

But he rushed for 1950 yards (give or take 25 yards) in 2002. He and LT of the Chargers were the best backs in the league going into the 2003 season.

He's merely Top Ten going into the 2004 season. I have him behind LT, Jamal Lewis, Clinton Portis, Ahman Green, Stephen Davis, Deuce McAllister, Priest Holmes, etc. He's right there with Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, Marshall Faulk, and Curtis Martin.

He gawn for now, but he'll be back.

Ha, if you think the bills are going to finish higher then miami you got another thing coming.

No I don't. Miami lost the focal point of their offense. At this point, they have Travis Minor as their starting HB...the Bills second string HB(be it McGahee or Henry) is like 10x better then Minor. The Dolphins main two wideouts are Chris Chambers and David Boston(along with Randy McMichael at TE). The Bills, with Lee Evans, Eric Moulds, and Josh Reed, are probably better off there as well. Bledsoe can still throw the ball(even though his awareness in the pocket is like that of a rock), and with Mularkey coming in, that could improve, or he could, perhaps help him. Mularkey was, afterall, the guy who ran the Steelers offense that had Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox as the QBs of team. If the Bills offensive line performs well(a HUGE if), their offense will take off.

And don't tell me it is because of their defense. The Bills defense is just as good as Miami's defense.

I would venture to guess that Miami does in fact finish in last place.

You don't actually think that Fiedler or Feeley will like turn it up and play out of their mind, do you?

No I don't.  Miami lost the focal point of their offense.  At this point, they have Travis Minor as their starting HB...the Bills second string HB(be it McGahee or Henry) is like 10x better then Minor.  The Dolphins main two wideouts are Chris Chambers and David Boston(along with Randy McMichael at TE).  The Bills, with Lee Evans, Eric Moulds, and Josh Reed, are probably better off there as well.  Bledsoe can still throw the ball(even though his awareness in the pocket is like that of a rock), and with Mularkey coming in, that could improve, or he could, perhaps help him.  Mularkey was, afterall, the guy who ran the Steelers offense that had Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox as the QBs of team.  If the Bills offensive line performs well(a HUGE if), their offense will take off.

And don't tell me it is because of their defense.  The Bills defense is just as good as Miami's defense.

You don't actually think that Fiedler or Feeley will like turn it up and play out of their mind, do you?

First off, Bledsoe sucks. Second Miami's defense is much better then the Bills. I think Feeley will be the starting qb and he'll do a solid job. As you mentioned the dolphins have 3 very good options to catch the ball. Miami will finish 2nd in the east behind the pats.

No I don't.  Miami lost the focal point of their offense.  At this point, they have Travis Minor as their starting HB...the Bills second string HB(be it McGahee or Henry) is like 10x better then Minor.  The Dolphins main two wideouts are Chris Chambers and David Boston(along with Randy McMichael at TE).  The Bills, with Lee Evans, Eric Moulds, and Josh Reed, are probably better off there as well.  Bledsoe can still throw the ball(even though his awareness in the pocket is like that of a rock), and with Mularkey coming in, that could improve, or he could, perhaps help him.  Mularkey was, afterall, the guy who ran the Steelers offense that had Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox as the QBs of team.  If the Bills offensive line performs well(a HUGE if), their offense will take off.

And don't tell me it is because of their defense.  The Bills defense is just as good as Miami's defense.

When I examine football teams, I look at defense, the offensive line, and rushing first and foremost. Everything else is secondary.

The Bills appear to have a very weak defensive line. It's pretty much NFL law that if your defensive line sucks, so does your defense on a whole (because LBs have to take on too many responsibilities & the secondary suffers from the lack of a pass rush). Miami, on the other hand, has some beef to work with.

The Bills offensive line doesn't appear to be anything special. I like Mike Williams and Trey Teague, and they signed Chris Villarial, but I can't say that I like anyone else. They're in the same boat as the Dolphins in this case.

Henry is very good, however. He's one of the top 15 backs in the league.

Bledsoe and Moulds were beyond pathetic last year. Moulds can't seem to get healthy.

A new head coach as well.....

As far as I'm concerned, the Dolphins are still the better team. But I could be wrong. :huh