Neal Cotts and Mike Jackson

BigNDfan80

I think his confidence is shot.  We might not see the real Neal again this year.  I really think he needs some AAA time to get his confidence back.

Tough call. For some guys, being put back out there is a confidence boost when they are struggling, while being sent down could be depressing.

Tough call. For some guys, being put back out there is a confidence boost when they are struggling, while being sent down could be depressing.

I think with Neal he needs regular work, guys he can get out, and anybody but Mike Jackson coming in after him. I think a trip to Charlotte until Sept 1st would do wonders for him.

good insight

everyone is different and the manager has to ake the emotional make up of a person into account

without knowing Cotts, I can only say that your insight is a reminder that these decisions are not all cut and dried and I deeply appreciate your bringing the reallife person back into the discussion

good insight

everyone is different and the manager has to ake the emotional make up of a person into account

without knowing Cotts, I can only say that your insight is a reminder that these decisions are not all cut and dried and I deeply appreciate your bringing the reallife person back into the discussion

Well baseball is more than just a bunch of 8.5 X 11 rosters with stats on them, sometimes people forget that.

I just tried to use my own experience in gauging it. Everyone reacts differently to different treatments. I have no idea what Cotts is in need of, and don't favor either scenario over the other.

Well baseball is more than just a bunch of 8.5 X 11 rosters with stats on them, sometimes people forget that.

indeed they do forget that, and a lot of our threads and posts reflect that.

The human dimension is a part of the game and again I thank you for the reminder.

I gotta go with Illini here. Back to the buses ain't exactly a confidence boost. How many of us would fiind a demotion "boosting?" What he needs is some good situational work at the mlb level.

Jackson should retire soon. I don't see anyone in sight that is knocking down the door to take his place. Let's hope for major innings from our starting rotation.

I gotta go with Illini here. Back to the buses ain't exactly a confidence boost. How many of us would fiind a demotion "boosting?" What he needs is some good situational work at the mlb level.

Jackson should retire soon. I don't see anyone in sight that is knocking down the door to take his place. Let's hope for major innings from our starting rotation.

Cotts is a beaten man right now. You can see it in his eyes. Whatever switch that got flipped in his spot start, needs to be fixed, and it isn't happening here. He needs to get fixed, not only for this year, but for the future.

Same old tune from Ozzie and Co. regarding Mike;

According to a source in the Sox organization, if veteran reliever Mike Jackson weren't such a valuable leader in the bullpen, he would have been released in the wake of his recent struggles.

After posting an impressive 1.93 ERA in April, Jackson had a 5.59 ERA in May and a 9.31 ERA in June. For the season, Jackson has a 5.18 ERA, and a 2-0 record. But he is valued for motivating his teammates and keeping them grounded.

Guillen, however, said Jackson needs to improve his performance on the mound.

"I'm concerned about Mike Jackson," Guillen said. "Two weeks ago, I was talking about (reliever Cliff) Politte, and he stepped up and did a tremendous job for us. If we are going to continue to do this, Mike Jackson has to step up and (Neal Cotts) has to step up."