Rumored Bears Deal

I usually don't post crap from a message board, but I wanted to post this (It's coming from a person on CB.com message board, the guy is friends with a writer for the Miami Herald, so take it FWIW) - it seems pretty plausible as well, so it could happen. In other words, it makes sense to happen, what do you guys think?

Dolphins Get:

Michigan Boys Anthony Thomas and David Terrell

Bears Get:

Ogunlye (sp? The DE from Miami, IIRC he's holding out) and a fifth rounder.

Thoughts? I'd do it - again, I dunno how true it is, but I'd do it.

At first, I saw the title and was like WooHoo! Bears signed Tommie Harris. Now I am like BooHoo! Don't trade my guy David Terell and ATrain. Angelo must be crack if he trades both guys! I have never heard of this Dolphin guy. So if this happens, watch me rip up my Bears Fan card!

At first, I saw the title and was like WooHoo! Bears signed Tommie Harris. Now I am like BooHoo! Don't trade my guy David Terell and ATrain. Angelo must be crack if he trades both guys! I have never heard of this Dolphin guy. So if this happens, watch me rip up my Bears Fan card!

The "dolphin guy" led the league in sacks.

Um.... Ogunleye is a star. The dolphins would be stupid to do this and I hope they don't, otherwise I will be very mad.

Ditto to the two previous posts - 'this guy' is a monster DE, Pro-Bowler. Not just 'some guy'.

As for Thomas and Terrell - Terrell can be easily replaced in the system (Gage, Wade, and Berrian all pushing for spots. Jamin Elliot has also been solid this year in the no-pads practices, same with Ahmad Merrit.)

And while I don't like how Thomas has been pushed out of the starting spot, it is clear that the coaching staff favors Thomas Jones, so I don't think Train would be a huge loss.

I just heard on the radio that the Dolphins have targeted the Vikings and the Bears as their two canidates to get a RB from. The ESPN National Radio guys said if they were the Dolphins they would try to deal with the Vikes. Onterrio Smith would be the key piece going to the Dolphins.

I just heard on the radio that the Dolphins have targeted the Vikings and the Bears as their two canidates to get a RB from.  The ESPN National Radio guys said if they were the Dolphins they would try to deal with the Vikes.  Onterrio Smith would be the key piece going to the Dolphins.

I'd rather have Onterrio then Atrain but I don't want to trade Ogunleye.

The Dolphins also might be able to pry Onterrio Smith, Moe Williams, or Michael Bennett free from an unnecessarily deep backfield in Minnesota -- and the Vikings have sufficient cap room to sign Ogunleye to a long-term deal.

Got that from NFL-Fans.com

So be worried! I guess time to get some states on this guy.

Um.... Ogunleye is a star.  The dolphins would be stupid to do this and I hope they don't, otherwise I will be very mad.

Miami is my favorite team and let me be the first to say

:crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying

I cant believe Ricky Williams did this, this is the saddest day in my history of sports... Im shocked

and BTW.... THe Dolphins wouldnt be stupid for doing this because their defense is always solid and they have people who can step in and perform at a good level for them without having to shell out big bucks for O Gun.. They can trade him and get what they need, I think they will be alright, but they would be a lot better with Ricky...

Respect the Dreads or Dread the Disrespect

2002 - 2003

Miami is my favorite team and let me be the first to say

:crying  :crying  :crying  :crying  :crying  :crying  :crying

I cant believe Ricky Williams did this, this is the saddest day in my history of sports... Im shocked

and BTW.... THe Dolphins wouldnt be stupid for doing this because their defense is always solid and they have people who can step in and perform at a good level for them without having to shell out big bucks for O Gun.. They can trade him and get what they need, I think they will be alright, but they would be a lot better with Ricky...

Respect the Dreads or Dread the Disrespect

2002 - 2003

Miami is my favorite team too. I don't want to see Ogunleye go and especially not for atrain and terrell.

STATS:

Year Team G Total Tckl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def

2000 Miami Dolphins 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0

2001 Miami Dolphins 7 3 1.0 2 0.5 0 0 0.0 0 0 0

2002 Miami Dolphins 16 44 32.0 12 9.5 0 0 0.0 0 0 3

2003 Miami Dolphins 16 62 43.0 19 15 0 0 0.0 0 0 5

TOTAL 39 109 76.0 33 25.0 0 0 0.0 0 0 8

Now after remembering how good he was, GO GET HIS ASS!

STATS:

Year Team G Total Tckl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def

2000 Miami Dolphins 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0

2001 Miami Dolphins 7 3 1.0 2 0.5 0 0 0.0 0 0 0

2002 Miami Dolphins 16 44 32.0 12 9.5 0 0 0.0 0 0 3

2003 Miami Dolphins 16 62 43.0 19 15 0 0 0.0 0 0 5

TOTAL  39 109 76.0 33 25.0 0 0 0.0 0 0 8

Now after remembering how good he was, GO GET HIS ASS!

'After remembering'? Huh? :huh:

:huh: