Dougy Mientkiewicz

We really should go after another solid lefty in this offseason - there are going to be a hell of a lot of good LH batters for years to come in the AL Central, including Morneau, Mauer, Martinez, Sizemore, just to name a few from Minny and Cleveland...

Mientkiewicz is a highly overrated offensive player, as shown by his deplorbale stats this year. Defensively the guy is amazing, but if Littlefield is going to take Mient and Restovich over Kotchman and someone else, he should be fired.

Mientkiewicz is a highly overrated offensive player, as shown by his deplorbale stats this year. Defensively the guy is amazing, but if Littlefield is going to take Mient and Restovich over Kotchman and someone else, he should be fired.

Yeah no kidding. I'm still pretty amazed that anaheim is dangeling Casey.

From the Sun - Times,

The Twins are expected to announce shortly a deal that will bring Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Kris Benson for first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz and probably a prospect. That would substantially boost the Twins' starting rotation -- as Sox manager Ozzie Guillen is well aware.

Twins will regret trading him.

Not with Justin Morneau breaking through. The Twins continue to be a pipeline of talent. Mientsky is expendable to get Benson because Morneau is coming up. Cuddyer is going to make Koskie expendable at the end of the season. This sucks.

Well he's gonna go to the Twins, cause the Agnels turned down the Pirates offer where they asked for Kochman and they will not trade him.

The Angels on the otherhand, have entered the Randy Johnson sweepstakes. It appears it will be Ortiz, Shields, and one of their top propsects. The Angels want it to be Kochman or Santana. McPherson and Mathis are supposedly untouchable and the Dbacks want Mathis I guess.

Well he's gonna go to the Twins, cause the Agnels turned down the Pirates offer where they asked for Kochman and they will not trade him.

The Angels on the otherhand, have entered the Randy Johnson sweepstakes.  It appears it will be Ortiz, Shields, and one of their top propsects.  The Angels want it to be Kochman or Santana.  McPherson and Mathis are supposedly untouchable and the Dbacks want Mathis I guess.

The D'Backs want C, OF, P, 3B. One, if not both of Mathis and McPherson have to go.

The D'Backs want C, OF, P, 3B.

So are we not offering Crede, Borch/Rowand, Garland and Diaz/Cotts because Arizona won't take it, due to us not giving them a catcher, or is it because it is too high of a price to pay, or because we just can't take on his salary? I know for a fact I would love to see RJ on the South Side, and if it cost us Crede, Borchard, Garland, and Diaz/Cotts, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Arizona wants MLB ready talent from what I have heard...that looks a hell of a lot like MLB ready talent right there, and it looks like a hell of a lot of it. And if we added a couple others(or maybe if we didnt...I don't know for sure), there would have to be a way we could get Hillenbrand and/or Bautista as well.