Another Bat

1) Finley won't waive his no - trade clause unless he plays in center. Why would we want to move Rowand who's been one of our best hitters in the last month?

2) Finley only wants to be dealt to a NL Team.

3) If we give up Borchard and Cotts for a 39 year old, that could really bite us in the ass in a few years. Even though Cotts had a bad game today, he's still #3 or a #4 starter in our rotation in the future.

First of all, I understand the replies. Howver, if we cant get beltran, finley is the next best answer. And I never said to move rowand. I said to move him to right so finley could play center if he wants to (so that takes care of his no trade clause). Secondly,I think we have waited a pretty long time for a world series championship, and to not go all out to win is ridiculous. Also, if we dont go out and get a quality bat, the acqusition of Freddy Garcia is a lost cause. Borchard has had his opportunity and has failed and i feel reluctant to give up cotts but u need to give up something to win. If you want to "wait til next year" to win or the year after that then i think u are cheering for the wrong side of town And by the way, finley is hitting .281 23hrs 48rbi.....Not bad for a 39 year old

First of all, I understand the replies. Howver, if we cant get beltran, finley is the next best answer. And I never said to move rowand. I said to move him to right so finley could play center if he wants to (so that takes care of his no trade clause). Secondly,I think we have waited a pretty long time for a world series championship, and to not go all out to win is ridiculous. Also, if we dont go out and get a quality bat, the acqusition of Freddy Garcia is a lost cause. Borchard has had his opportunity and has failed and i feel reluctant to give up cotts but u need to give up something to win. If you want to "wait til next year" to win or the year after that then i think u are cheering for the wrong side of town And by the way, finley is hitting .281 23hrs 48rbi.....Not bad for a 39 year old

You will find a lot of people here have been talking up Finley for a long time, but the problem is that he seems to want to stay in the NL and if not to San Diego, lately it's been said that Philly is the front runner for him.

If we're going for it this year, and I agree that we should, I'd like to see if we could pick up Benson and Kendall, or failing that, Guardado. There's a lot of ways to make us just a little stronger club for the stretch.

Welcome to Sox talk.

You will find a lot of people here have been talking up Finley for a long time, but the problem is that he seems to want to stay in the NL and if not to San Diego, lately it's been said that Philly is the front runner for him.

If we're going for it this year, and I agree that we should, I'd like to see if we could pick up Benson and Kendall, or failing that, Guardado. There's a lot of ways to make us just a little stronger club for the stretch.

Welcome to Sox talk.

I agree with going after Beltran or Kendall. Taking on a large contract like either of these would probably be hard for JR to stomach but at least the Sox would probably have to give up relatively little in return for taking one of them over.

Borchard has had his opportunity and has failed and i feel reluctant to give up cotts but u need to give up something to win. If you want to "wait til next year" to win or the year after that then i think u are cheering for the wrong side of town And by the way, finley is hitting .281 23hrs 48rbi.....Not bad for a 39 year old

borchard hasnt had his oppertunity... he only has like 100 at bats over 3 years that consisted of short stints in the bigs...

now, on a more serious note,

eeek, member 1,666... the devil is now upon us, bask in the darkness

:huh:

evil red devil

just f***in around man, welcome to soxtalk, as youll soon get to know, i can be at times, the board jack ass, asshole, or rarely insightful poster.

:lol:

borchard hasnt had his oppertunity... he only has like 100 at bats over 3 years that consisted of short stints in the bigs...

now, on a more serious note,

eeek, member 1,666... the devil is now upon us, bask in the darkness

:huh:

evil red devil

just f***in around man, welcome to soxtalk, as youll soon get to know, i can be at times, the board jack ass, asshole, or rarely insightful poster.

:lol:

*cough*board drunk*cough*

I think the sox should be in contention for steve finley... He could play right field for us or move rowand to right..whatever works...We could give up borchard and cotts and maybe some other farm hand.

Dan Pasqua has more posters named after him than he did fans when he played (other than when Pasqua was sharing the good stuff...) :lol:

welcome to soxtalk :cheers :cheers