My Letter

The Beast

Beastly, Sorry for saying this but don't send it. I have made some corrections myself for your letter. I know how to make this sound nice while putting your foot down. 11th grade English kicks ass! You are trying to do a persuasion essay right? If you our you gotta have nmore facts than that. Don't use any sites or people that do not follow your same views. I'll post your new letter later.  Wow, I never thought I would really use my english class outside of school. :bang

That is why I didn't send it yet. I saved it after hitting the send button once but then hurrily clicked save.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an honest mistake, I'm cool with that.  But for some of you so-called educated people out there, if this were your business name that was dropped in there, would you be so quick to defend the letter?  This site represents all of us, and to name drop, it better be ALL done with a side of humbleness when you write an organization.

JMO.

It is an honest mistake. Thats what I want to be recognized here.

That is why I didn't send it yet. I saved it after hitting the send button once but then hurrily clicked save.

Since you haven't sent it out, delete the soxtalk reference and get the tips from MinnesotaSoxFan, we all need editors now and again -- I think it is good you asked for advice before you sent it.

I think the last line gives leaves a bad taste in the readers mouth.  If you want someone to read something, you don't basically insult them if they do not reply, which is exactly what your doing.

Exactly. You have got to show some respect, or you will get none back, and most likely no reply.

It would be like me saying "you must be an asshole if you don't reply." Most likely as a person is a position like the people you are writing to, you will just delete the email, and move onto the next one. If you want a reply, you have to show them that you are worth replying to.

Fair enough.

I will take cwsox's reference on this as well.

Sorry for any inconvenience I might have caused.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I was using soxtalk to speak for all of us, but evidently it seems that way.

The last line was mearly something that popped in my head that could get the point straight to them, and I was sitting there thinking, no, it wouldn't be that correct to send something like that and be a modern day Punk.

What a great way to boost attendence, make a no swearing allowed rule  :whip

I don't think swearing is the issue at all.

I have said more than my share of "s***" and "f***" at USCF through the years.

The problem is when a group of people (or an individual) is lound, continuous, obnoxious, unavoidable, unignorable, and graphically obscene that is an affront to adults who do not want to hear that type of s*** or to children.

There is a huge difference between saying "oh f***" to yourself or a friend when something wrong happens compared to some one or ones being very public and making a spectacle of themselves with every vulgarity they know.

This thread is going to turn into something stupid.  So be it.

No, he wasn't representing soxtalk.com, but to name drop and then say something stupid (IMO) at the end gives this place a bad name. 

It's an honest mistake, I'm cool with that.  But for some of you so-called educated people out there, if this were your business name that was dropped in there, would you be so quick to defend the letter?  This site represents all of us, and to name drop, it better be ALL done with a side of humbleness when you write an organization.

JMO.

Not specific to Beastley's post but about citing soxtalk.com in general. Media companies deal with that all the time. People quote Time, Newsweek, Sun-Times etc. In fact it would be wrong to not cite your source. Remember plagarizism?

Properly cited, anything on this cite has the potential to be reprinted. Imagine the fun the Trib could have with the Kotex Boy thread. You think your embarrassed by Beastley's reference, how about reprinting pages of KotexBoy :fyou or some of our equally intelligent posts.

Look how many posts here link to CNN, ESPN, SI, etc. Refernces go both ways.

Not specific to Beastley's post but about citing soxtalk.com in general. Media companies deal with that all the time. People quote Time, Newsweek, Sun-Times etc. In fact it would be wrong to not cite your source. Remember plagarizism?

Properly cited, anything on this cite has the potential to be reprinted. Imagine the fun the Trib could have with the Kotex Boy thread. You think your embarrassed by Beastley's reference, how about reprinting pages of KotexBoy  :fyou or some of our equally intelligent posts.

Look how many posts here link to CNN, ESPN, SI, etc. Refernces go both ways.

I don't see articles posted on SI, etc.. ending with a threat to respond.

Oh.. JMO.

I guess only those who feel he was attacking them would respond..

That would be a bit hypocritical, considering how many were outraged by beastly's letter to the white sox. If something is wrong, it's wrong. Right?

I think the only reason I didn't like the use of soxtalk.com is because the close made the whole letter absolutely brutal, like I mentioned above.

It is foolish to attack or insult the person your expecting to do something and although he never once said this is the opinion of soxtalk.com, the reader will see, soxtalk.com and make assumptions based on that.

I think the only reason I didn't like the use of soxtalk.com is because the close made the whole letter absolutely brutal, like I mentioned above.

It is foolish to attack or insult the person your expecting to do something and although he never once said this is the opinion of soxtalk.com, the reader will see, soxtalk.com and make assumptions based on that.

Yet another reason we should be diligent in the posts we allow. This is a public forum and anyone can cite what they've read here, same as a newspaper.

I read on Yahoo's message boards that Kerry's a douchbag and Bush is an idiot. Does anyone think Yahoo corporation or all Yahoo users believe that?

I read on mlb.com massage boards that fans hope Maggs is out for the season. Does that represent all mlb.com users? mlb?

Don't sweat it. If you aren't proud to let anyone view the posts, then we have a bigger problem that a bad letter citing the board.

At the end of most emails that i send out to people that i don't really know, i say "thanks in advance for your reply"

That's all you have to do

It is foolish to attack or insult the person your expecting to do something

Two pieces of wisdom here.

Every letter I write ends with "thank you" exactly for the reasons Jas and IlliniKrush state.

You thank the person for reading and end with the hope they will be kind enough to reply.

Yet another reason we should be diligent in the posts we allow. This is a public forum and anyone can cite what they've read here, same as a newspaper.

I read on Yahoo's message boards that Kerry's a douchbag and Bush is an idiot. Does anyone think Yahoo corporation or all Yahoo users believe that?

I read on mlb.com massage boards that fans hope Maggs is out for the season. Does that represent all mlb.com users? mlb?

Don't sweat it. If you aren't proud to let anyone view the posts, then we have a bigger problem that a bad letter citing the board.

To me the one difference is, this is being sent to Sox managment and in no way do I want them to look down upon this site. This site is affiliated with FutureSox, which has credentials with the minor league teams, and is working on setting up a few things with some people that are affiliated with the minor leagues but considered with the parent club.

Otherwise, I typically could care less what someone outside the board thinks.

It's quite simple, really

The person reading it is going to say "What a jackass this kid is"...see that soxtalk is even referenced in there and then say "Soxtalk must be full off this kind of crap (after assuming that the letter was sent from a soxtalk poster)"

That's not how they should interpret it, but it's almost guaranteed that's how they will

I went to Saturday's game with my little sister, and I didn't have any problem. The drunk fat girl behind me was annoying cause all she did was talk about random ass s***, but no immature fans from mu point of view.

personally, if I ever sit behind you, I will go see my old friend Nancy and ask her to play "The Victors" so I can stand and sing along and watch security drag your sorry ass out of there when you attack me! :lol: :lol: :headbang :headbang :headbang :cheers :cheers :cheers