My Letter

The Beast

There is one emotiocon I am so sick of... :headshake

I f***ing hate it when people use that as a response. Rather than call them out, or correct them they just post :headshake

God damn those posts!

P.S. I know some smart ass is going to follow up this post with :headshake

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I f***ing hate it when people use that as a response.  Rather than call them out, or correct them they just post  :headshake

God damn those posts!

P.S. I know some smart ass is going to follow up this post with  :headshake

:headshake

:P

I f***ing hate it when people use that as a response.  Rather than call them out, or correct them they just post  :headshake

God damn those posts!

My favorite emotican is :mellow:

God damn those posts!

Ok then

:puke

Crazy ass thread. First of all, if you're going to write anything that you want to be recognized, it needs to be reviewed. Hell, Jason is at the top of his class at Fullerton and he still confuses some words that I knew in first grade. My writing needs to be constantly reviewed because everyone makes mistakes. It's a two-edged sword posting it here. First, you took the step to see what others thought. Second, you're gonna get bashed. I don't know if I'd state your age, mainly because they might not care what a 16 year old thinks. Establish yourself as spending money at the ballpark and you have concerns. That's how I'd go about it. Just be professional.

I have read all of them.

Are you implying that I'm stupid?

Well... you sure as hell sounded stupid when you created this thread, but now I see that people have been kind enough to give you some good advice and at the end you corrected your own mistakes (hopefully).

Dear Sirs,

I am emailing you for details regarding the procedure with which I can attain autographed baseballs at your ballpark. 

PS - f*** you, you corrupt assholes.

Thank you,

R. Miester

:lolhitting

rolleyeyes.gif

I'm sorry that I contributed to the slobbering mess that this thread is. Can we stop it now?

No, Beastly, you're not stupid.

The :headshake guy sucks.

I'm on a soapbox.

We've determined that it's a slow news day.

The :canada made an appearance before :usa .

And there's a lot of :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting going on.

Bu-bye. :cheers :cheers :cheers

And of course... :fyou

God damn those posts!

Just one? :headshake

While it may not be right for Beastly to use Soxtalk.com in his letter, anyone other than Jason asking him not to put that is completely wrong in their request. In my eyes, since he owns the site, he is the only one that can say that, not admins, mods or your average-joe poster. That's really the only problem with this thread. The other criticisms about his credibility and such are completely valid, but other people telling him not to use soxtalk besides Jason, well, really has no point. Back when I owned my site, before it was shut down by the WWE, I would have had no problem with a reader writing them with a reference to my site, as long as the content were positive. I only wonder if people's views on this would be different had Beastly constructed a great letter with a Soxtalk reference, would there be the same criticism of him?

Anyhow, I admire your enthusiasm Beastly and am not here to rip on you. I have a lot of respect for the way you have conducted yourself since being reinstated to the site. You've certainly surprised me and I commend you for your effort on something that you are passionate about. And for those ripping on you for asking about autographs and such, there's thousands and thousands of adults who line up at Soxfest and get autographs, so just let those comments roll off your back.

While it may not be right for Beastly to use Soxtalk.com in his letter, anyone other than Jason asking him not to put that is completely wrong in their request.  In my eyes, since he owns the site, he is the only one that can say that, not admins, mods or your average-joe poster.  That's really the only problem with this thread.  The other criticisms about his credibility and such are completely valid, but other people telling him not to use soxtalk besides Jason, well, really has no point.  Back when I owned my site, before it was shut down by the WWE, I would have had no problem with a reader writing them with a reference to my site, as long as the content were positive.  I only wonder if people's views on this would be different had Beastly constructed a great letter with a Soxtalk reference, would there be the same criticism of him?

Anyhow, I admire your enthusiasm Beastly and am not here to rip on you.  I have a lot of respect for the way you have conducted yourself since being reinstated to the site.  You've certainly surprised me and I commend you for your effort on something that you are passionate about.  And for those ripping on you for asking about autographs and such, there's thousands and thousands of adults who line up at Soxfest and get autographs, so just let those comments roll off your back.

Agreed, I know Beastly is not liked by every1 around here because he's not the "sharpest pencil in the box" but at least he's enthuiastic and passionate about the team and wears his heart on his sleeve, and he's been doing a pretty good job seen he's been back. He hasn't stirred up trouble when he's been provoked, and I respect him for that.

While it may not be right for Beastly to use Soxtalk.com in his letter, anyone other than Jason asking him not to put that is completely wrong in their request.  In my eyes, since he owns the site, he is the only one that can say that, not admins, mods or your average-joe poster.  That's really the only problem with this thread.  The other criticisms about his credibility and such are completely valid, but other people telling him not to use soxtalk besides Jason, well, really has no point.  Back when I owned my site, before it was shut down by the WWE, I would have had no problem with a reader writing them with a reference to my site, as long as the content were positive.  I only wonder if people's views on this would be different had Beastly constructed a great letter with a Soxtalk reference, would there be the same criticism of him?

Anyhow, I admire your enthusiasm Beastly and am not here to rip on you.  I have a lot of respect for the way you have conducted yourself since being reinstated to the site.  You've certainly surprised me and I commend you for your effort on something that you are passionate about.  And for those ripping on you for asking about autographs and such, there's thousands and thousands of adults who line up at Soxfest and get autographs, so just let those comments roll off your back.

Aboz,

I respect your viewpoint, but, I think that everyone who threw their .01 in, had the best interests of this site at heart, and for you to question that is a little self-serving.

Jason is the owner, but I think he respected us enough to ask us to be here in the capacity that we are in, be it as a poster, admin, mod, or guests. And furthermore, yes, it's Jason's site, but I think we all would go as far as saying we feel like it's our site, too.

You ask the question would we get on Beastly for saying something positive? Of course we wouldn't. What sort of question is that? Let's use this as an example, again. Let's say your boss reads this and you know it. You have a choice, you either badmouth him or you praise him. If you badmouth him, there will be obvious reprocussions. I think in this case, it's not as serious as that, but you always want to represent your employer in the best light possible, knowing that you want the best interests served for your place of employment.

I liken that to soxtalk.com. This is a community, and we want to spread the word and make this the best place we can make it, and represent this in the best light that we can. If there are negative vibes going around, we want to stop it. I think it's only natural, for something that we all really enjoy. What Beastly said (not pounding on him, he knows what I mean as he read through this many times by now and it was innocent) does not shed this place in a light that we want it to be shown in.

All this is to say I don't think you have any right questioning any of us, because this is a community. Jason holds the final say, this much I agree with, and I really thank him for the opportunities. But we all certainly have just as much right to an opinion when the community is being discussed in the manner of which it was in the original letter. That was what I was trying to say this whole time.

Two months back a poster on the message board of www.soxtalk.com was beaten severely for trying to tell them to stop.

Is there anything false or misleading about his statement? Does he say that "everyone at soxtalk thinks" or does he state "as a poster at soxtalk"? Does he claim anything beyond reading it here?

Has anybody read his letter? He didn't use Soxtalk. He said he read something here. If he said he read it in the Southtown, would everone think he speaks for the Southtown and everyone that reads the Southtown and everyone that writes for the Southtown is exactly like Beastly?

He said he was at a Sox game, does anyone think that everyone at the Sox game is exactly like Beastly?

Quit ragging on the kid. Beastly has worked harder than anyone here to conform to whatever the person yelling at him the loudest thinks.

If we cannot stand up to the threads, then they should be stopped. Anyone from the Sox could log on and view this. If Jas or anyone here is embarrassed by a thread, then delete it, we have the technology.

Beastly ended the letter poorly, with his not so veiled threat, he did not misrepresent anything about soxtalk.