kenny rogers a twinkie

baggio202

I think it's a good move for Minne just because it brings in a guy who can eat some innings. With Milton already out, and Radke and Mays, and possibly Reed all with the possibility of being injured, they need someone who can be an anchor in that staff...that doesn't mean ace, either. This now moves Santana back to the pen...he'ls gonna eventually crack the rotation this year, just don't know when. I also read something, i think at sporting news, that had a scout saying his motion is really flawed and will eventually lead to elbow problems if he doesn't correct it. Just something to keep an eye on.

As much as I don't like seeing him going to a divison rival, I don't believe Rogers will perform as expected in Minnesota as he did for the Rangers, if he goes to Minnesota. I mean, Rogers went 13-8 with a 3.84 ERA in 33 starts, which isn't bad, but it isn't good while you look at the offense. The whole year he was backed with Alex Rodriguez and Rafael Palmeiro, half of the year by Ivan Rodriguez, and like a quarter of the year by Juan Gonzalez. I mean going to a team like the Twin's, who have more power in their pitching than they do their offense. If Rogers signs with the Twinkies, I do not believe we will seem he perform as well as people would expect him to.

Well, I don't want to defend Rogers or any member of the Twins, but...

If you look at last year's Sox stats, Danny Wright had an ERA over a half run more than Jon Garland, and yet Wright won more games. Basically, what I'm saying is that when looking at how successful a pitcher was in a given year, wins/losses can be very misleading. The more telling number is ERA, and anything under 4 in the AL isn't bad -- especially for a guy that's going to be a 4th or 5th starter.

or that could mean era is very deceiving..

a pitcher could go 3 starts..21 ip give up 6 runs and win 3 games

his 4th start he goes 3 ip gives up 8 runs...

his record would be 3-1 with a 5.25 era...but he pitched well in 75% of his starts...thats kind of how danny pitched last year...he couldnt stay out of the big inning but if you look at the percentage if IP where he didnt give up any runs its probably up there with some of the betetr pitchers in baseball...

maybe ill come up with a new stats..percentage of shutout IP's to :D

As much as I don't like seeing him going to a divison rival, I don't believe Rogers will perform as expected in Minnesota as he did for the Rangers, if he goes to Minnesota. I mean, Rogers went 13-8 with a 3.84 ERA in 33 starts, which isn't bad, but it isn't good while you look at the offense. The whole year he was backed with Alex Rodriguez and Rafael Palmeiro, half of the year by Ivan Rodriguez, and like a quarter of the year by Juan Gonzalez. I mean going to a team like the Twin's, who have more power in their pitching than they do their offense. If Rogers signs with the Twinkies, I do not believe we will seem he perform as well as people would expect him to.

Well, I don't want to defend Rogers or any member of the Twins, but...

If you look at last year's Sox stats, Danny Wright had an ERA over a half run more than Jon Garland, and yet Wright won more games. Basically, what I'm saying is that when looking at how successful a pitcher was in a given year, wins/losses can be very misleading. The more telling number is ERA, and anything under 4 in the AL isn't bad -- especially for a guy that's going to be a 4th or 5th starter.

or that could mean era is very deceiving..

a pitcher could go 3 starts..21 ip give up 6 runs and win 3 games

his 4th start he goes 3 ip gives up 8 runs...

his record would be 3-1 with a 5.25 era...but he pitched well in 75% of his starts...thats kind of how danny pitched last year...he couldnt stay out of the big inning but if you look at the percentage if IP where he didnt give up any runs its probably up there with some of the betetr pitchers in baseball...

maybe ill come up with a new stats..percentage of shutout IP's to :D

pls dont :) there are to many stats involved in the game already.