Torii go bye bye

Palehosefan

Now let me talk even slower to you.

You get back at them by beating them, not by plunking Hunter and losing.  If the Sox win, they don't need to plunk Hunter.  Remember, in case you forgot, they're the division champs, not the Sox.  They don't need to run over a minor leaguer like Jamie Burke to gain confidence, they're the champs and the Sox are the perennial runners-up.

Hope there's not too many big words in there for you.

You're a moron. Take time out to actually, here's a concept, READ HIS F'N post. Like Jim said - absolutely clueless...

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torii Hunter:

"What they said was life threatening. What are you waiting for? Like in the hood, do it now, playa."

Who is this guy? What kind of class is that?

Wow if the fan came out and kicked his ass he basically asked for it.

ESPN 1000 is reporting Jamie Burk was driven to the hospital by Mark Buehrle apparently suffering headaches and vision problems. in a Hunter interview Torii said the fans on the on deck circle threatened his life.

You know Moronatti's going to be all over this tomorrow bashing Sox fans again don't you. :headshake

Torii Hunter:

"What they said was life threatening. What are you waiting for? Like in the hood, do it now, playa."

Who is this guy? What kind of class is that?

A perfect example of a guy who's now riding a high horse because he got away with something.

Hunter took a chance at getting some momentum. And hey, cheap shot or not (it was), it gives his team more confidence. Despite what ozziethewhateverhead says, it's a long season and things like this do matter.

I blame the White Sox for not taking care of business right then and there, just like Hunter said. Hunter is right, take care of it right now.

Now, Hunter is a moron for making statements like he did with his "yo playa" gansta bulls*** ... and I bet the fans were way out of line too.

I blame Guillen and Jackson on this. Those are the two guys who were in control and could've handled it.

How can the Sox ever get Hunter on the bases ... he plays CF. Unless they take it out on somebody else, which now is entirely possible ... assuming these guys grow a sack in the meantime.

You're a moron.  Take time out to actually, here's a concept, READ HIS F'N post.  Like Jim said - absolutely clueless...

I read his post. He said that you bring your team together by letting the opposition know that they can't drill your catcher. He also said that they gain confidence if you don't retaliate by beaning the player that drilled your catcher.

That's dumb.

The division champs don't give a rat's ass whether or not you don't like them drilling your catcher as long as they keep kicking your ass! They'll laugh all the way into the playoffs after the Sox bean Torii Hunter and end up trailing the Twins by 5 games again.

e two guys who were in control and could've handled it. 

How can the Sox ever get Hunter on the bases ... he plays CF.  Unless they take it out on somebody else, which now is entirely possible ... assuming these guys grow a sack in the meantime.

I don't want to see anyone else hit but hunter.

I read his post.  He said that you bring your team together by letting the opposition know that they can't drill your catcher.  He also said that they gain confidence if you don't retaliate by beaning the player that drilled your catcher.

That's dumb.

The division champs don't give a rat's ass whether or not you don't like them drilling your catcher as long as they keep kicking your ass!  They'll laugh all the way into the playoffs after the Sox bean Torii Hunter and end up trailing the Twins by 5 games again.

You're still missing the point.

A perfect example of a guy who's now riding a high horse because he got away with something.

Hunter took a chance at getting some momentum.  And hey, cheap shot or not (it was), it gives his team more confidence.  Despite what ozziethewhateverhead says, it's a long season and things like this do matter.

I blame the White Sox for not taking care of business right then and there, just like Hunter said.  Hunter is right, take care of it right now.

Now, Hunter is a moron for making statements like he did with his "yo playa" gansta bulls*** ... and I bet the fans were way out of line too.

I blame Guillen and Jackson on this.  Those are the two guys who were in control and could've handled it. 

How can the Sox ever get Hunter on the bases ... he plays CF.  Unless they take it out on somebody else, which now is entirely possible ... assuming these guys grow a sack in the meantime.

I agree with basically everything you said, Jim, but Jackson has got to know what the f*** to do. I mean, holy s***, he's been in the league for what, 20 years or so? If he doesn't know what to do in that situation, his ass should be at Bristol. Mike Jackson had a chance to, at the very least, gain a little bit of respect - for getting the job done and plunking Hunter right in the back or in the head. Instead he pussied out.

f*** you, Mike Jackson.

I read his post.  He said that you bring your team together by letting the opposition know that they can't drill your catcher.  He also said that they gain confidence if you don't retaliate by beaning the player that drilled your catcher.

That's dumb.

The division champs don't give a rat's ass whether or not you don't like them drilling your catcher as long as they keep kicking your ass!  They'll laugh all the way into the playoffs after the Sox bean Torii Hunter and end up trailing the Twins by 5 games again.

Sox are what 7-4 against them this year. I would say they have done quite well, do you think the sox should be 11-0 instead?

I agree with basically everything you said, Jim, but Jackson has got to know what the f*** to do.  I mean, holy s***, he's been in the league for what, 20 years or so?  If he doesn't know what to do in that situation, his ass should be at Bristol.  Mike Jackson had a chance to, at the very least, gain a little bit of respect - for getting the job done and plunking Hunter right in the back or in the head.  Instead he pussied out.

f*** you, Mike Jackson.

We thought he was useless before now what the hell is he.

Then how exactly does putting one in the ear hole of b****ass' batting helmet ensure a white sox loss????  You're seriously confusing me man.

Wow!? :huh:

Drilling the guy doesn't ensure a Sox loss...playing the way they did tonight ensures a Sox loss. Drilling the guy doesn't ensure a Sox win...playing better ensures a Sox win.

And all that matters is whether the Sox win - not drilling anybody. Forget about the absolute stupidity of worrying about the Twins confidence level - it's sky high because they came into town and kicked our ass and they're the division champs and have had the Sox's number for years. Not because Hunter drilled Jamie f...ing Burke!

Geez.

That's dumb.

No, it's not dumb at all.

You bring your team together and take back momentum by retaliating.

But of course, you know more about baseball than the three guys on the postgame show who talked about it and said the Sox need to settle the score.

They think it's important, you don't. Well excuse me but I'll just go with my own thought process here and oh by the way it happens to agree with guys who've actually played the game.

But don't let anything like that get in the way of your conclusions.

The Sox beaning Hunter has NOTHING to do with winning or losing these next two games. Something has to be done regardless, but I've already explained why six times so forgive me if I don't do it again.

I agree with basically everything you said, Jim, but Jackson has got to know what the f*** to do.  I mean, holy s***, he's been in the league for what, 20 years or so?  If he doesn't know what to do in that situation, his ass should be at Bristol.  Mike Jackson had a chance to, at the very least, gain a little bit of respect - for getting the job done and plunking Hunter right in the back or in the head.  Instead he pussied out.

f*** you, Mike Jackson.

Keith you are exactly right.

You could literally hear Harrelson biting his tongue when Jackson didn't drill Hunter in the 9th. And afterwards when talking to Boden, he made sure to make a point of it too.

Problem is, they can't inteview Jackson and say "hey, why didn't you plunk the guy?". He would get fined for sure if he said something stupid like "well I was planning to on the next pitch".

The only problem I have with Guillen here Keith is he is a rookie manager and it was a chance to bring the team together by making sure he told Jackson what to do, even with all of Jackson's experience.

Who knows ... maybe the Sox have other plans. Guillen himself said talking about it does no good, he expects things to get taken care of between the lines.

What I'm most concerned about now is the anger in these guys boils over and they lose their composure tomorrow.

Forget about the absolute stupidity of worrying about the Twins confidence level - it's sky high because they came into town and kicked our ass and they're the division champs and have had the Sox's number for years.  Not because Hunter drilled Jamie f...ing Burke!

They came in and won one game 6-2, yeah they man handled us alright.

I'm glad you finally came to your senses and agree with me.

Read, and comprehend, the rest of the post too.

Kind of hit-and-run of you to take one sentence out of context and say I agree with you.

You don't have much of a clue about the overall picture of what this incident means, so I kinda expected you'd quote one sentence as you did.

Burke went to the hospital?! OMG I f***ing hate Torri Hunter. As a catcher I feel terrible for Jamie. There was no reason for Torri to knock him down, all he had to do was slide and he would've been safe. I was at the game and was booing as hard as anyone, but now I wish I would have booed harder knowing that Burke had to go to the f***ing hospital.

:fyou Torri c***er