First Time in the Upper Deck

Rowand44

Well, I just bought my tickets for the game tomorrow and the best I could get is section 540, row 21. I'm just wondering hows the view up there? Is row 21 to far up, is the view good, sorry this thread is kind of stupid, I've just never been up there and am kind of interested what the view will be like. Thanks in advance. :headbang :headbang

I kinda like it up there, those are the true Die Hards! lol

Its not that bad of a view you can see everything each player is doing since your above them all, but I find it harder to pick the ball up when it first leaves the bat, thats the only problem I have up there, along with the loonnngg walk down after the game :D

I kinda like it up there, those are the true Die Hards! lol

Its not that bad of a view you can see everything each player is doing since your above them all, but I find it harder to pick the ball up when it first leaves the bat, thats the only problem I have up there, along with the loonnngg walk down after the game  :D

Hey where you sitting you tomorrow, you said your in the UD tomorrow right?

ahhh im not sure off the top of my head, my friend who im going with has both of the tickets. All I remember is we are 15 rows up.

Well as I already said I'm in section 540 but it's actually row 17, if you have time stop by and say hi.:) I'll be in my Damaso jersey with my sox hat.

Are you serious???? Noonish and UD was all that was left??? I'm so glad I got to the box office when it opened this morning!!! I was lucky to get tickets in section 101 for tomorrow night...Yikes!!!

I've sat in the UD and LD both plenty of times...And I must say the LD is much more enjoyable for me. There is just not as much that you can do in the UD. Unless you're a season ticket holder, you're stuck up there and can't go to places like the LF shower or the Fan Deck (which, by the way, gives one of the greatest views in the entire stadium). The UD's great still, because you're still at the game.

Coming straight from the LD bias.

Are you serious????  Noonish and UD was all that was left???  I'm so glad I got to the box office when it opened this morning!!!  I was lucky to get tickets in section 101 for tomorrow night...Yikes!!!

I've sat in the UD and LD both plenty of times...And I must say the LD is much more enjoyable for me.  There is just not as much that you can do in the UD.  Unless you're a season ticket holder, you're stuck up there and can't go to places like the LF shower or the Fan Deck (which, by the way, gives one of the greatest views in the entire stadium).  The UD's great still, because you're still at the game.

Coming straight from the LD bias.

Yup, I bought 3 tickets and the UD was all that was left, out of curiousity I looked to see what seats were available if I were only getting 2 tickets and still just the UD so yeah it's going to be packed again, hopefully this time we'll have a white sox winner but this should be one hell of a pitchers duel if it lives up to the hype.

Wednesday's game has already sold over 30,000 as well, and that's darn great for an afternoon game during the week!  So, every single game this homestand has drawn at least 30,000 (IIRC) with 3 sellouts!  How great this is!!!

:headbang :headbang :cheers :cheers

I don't mind the UD at all. If your at the park alot and have seen all the stuff on the lower concourse, it shouldn't be that big of a deal to not see them this time. Every view in the UD is awesome, you'll be suprised. Enjoy.

Just expect a decent amount of douchebag fans to start the wave if we are losing 4-1

I tried to call you to give you guys our suite tickets cause we went downstairs but I could get any reception in that place last night.. Did you stay till the end?

I was in the UD for the first time since the HR Derby/All-Star Game last year for Monday's game and I must say I like the renovations. The only bad thing was we were in row 20, the second to last row and I had a pole obstructing my view of the Sox bullpen and deep left-field.

Well, Steff...It looks like there's absolutely NO rain in sight tonight, so your luck won't be bad weatherwise.

It's still early Heather.. if there's 0.00000000099% chance of rain within 500 miles of Chicago.. you bet it'll come rollin in about the time I get to the park.. LOL

By the way.. leave early today to get there. It took me a half hour to get from the 35th street exit to lot D and they let me turn right on 35th street. Not a mess.. just a lot of people there.