Frank or Maggs

Texsox

Who are we missing more?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who are we missing more?

• Frank
    • Maggs

Very tough choice, I'm actually going to say Frank. With Maggs out of the lineup we have proved we can still score runs, but Frank gets on base so much with his great ability to draw a walk and is still considered to be the "face" of the White Sox.

The argument supporting frank because "the offense did fine without maggs" is bogus. Not only did our record suffer, but more importantly there hasn't been a long stretch where a healthy maggs has been in the lineup and Frank hasn't. It's like a comparison is being made without all the proper data. IMO, a lineup with a healthy maggs minus frank could get along similarly to the lineup that had frank in it minus maggs.

I'm taking a healthy Maggs in this one. We haven't seen a lot of this, except early in the season when the other guys weren't hitting. Maggs is a guy that is pretty much a lock for over .300 and 30 homers(yes, I know he had 29 last year) when he is healthy and is a decent defender(at least better than our other options) in right. Maggs can carry a team when he is healthy. I can't really say any of that about Thomas. He may walk a lot, but I've seen him do it a ton of times with a runner in scoring position where we needed a hit, just to see him forced out a second with little effort in the next at bat. I'm not one to get excited about Thomas' OBP. Unless Lee/Konerko launch one, it isn't going to mean much because he is so damn slow. Plus, look at the splits for clutch hitting, and Magglio has been much better.