Boers and Bernstein

I'm going to repeat the post I just posted in the other thread.

What if the Sox guy bowled over the Twins catcher?

I have a feeling most here would not see the problem with it and call this a "good hard baseball play"...

:ph34r:

I have a feeling most here would not see the problem with it and call this a "good hard baseball play"...

Not if the guy went out of his way to hit the other player I wouldn't. Especially if the catcher didn't have the ball. If he did or it was coming to the catcher, yeah it's a clean play (bear in mind I was in the chatroom, not watching the TV when it happened so Ii don't know what exactly happened).

Not if the guy went out of his way to hit the other player I wouldn't.  Especially if the catcher didn't have the ball.  If he did or it was coming to the catcher, yeah it's a clean play (bear in mind I was in the chatroom, not watching the TV when it happened so Ii don't know what exactly happened).

It should be noted that I have not seen it either... so bear that in mind.

I don't know....

I really don't think we're that bias here. I don't remember one of us saying Bonderman was rightfully thrown out on Sunday; everyone here said the ump botched that call.

I would look at it as, hey, we drilled your catcher to score a run. If you (the other team) think I did it on purpose ... fine, come and get me. I scored a run, that's the most important thing.

And as the player, I would expect to get knocked down.

Find the replay. Watch Burke take not one but two steps inside the 3rd base line to give Hunter the plate while he waited on the ball. Then watch Hunter put his arms up and step out of the basepath to intentionally clock Jamie rather tthan taking the slide to the plate Burke gave him. It was bulls***.

Hunter had every right to be prepared to take Burke out on a hard play at the plate IF he was in the path regardless of whether he had tha ball. Burke gave hime a clear and uncontested slide to the plate and instead Hunter took him out.

Find the replay.  Watch Burke take not one but two steps inside the 3rd base line to give Hunter the plate while he waited on the ball.  Then watch Hunter put his arms up and step out of the basepath to intentionally clock Jamie rather tthan taking the slide to the plate Burke gave him.  It was bulls***.

Hunter had every right to be prepared to take Burke out on a hard play at the plate IF he was in the path regardless of whether he had tha ball.  Burke gave hime a clear and uncontested slide to the plate and instead Hunter took him out.

You could not have described it more perfectly. 100% on the money.

There is no doubt Hunter sent a message there, he clearly veered to his left to drill Burke.

I don't know....

I really don't think we're that bias here.  I don't remember one of us saying Bonderman was rightfully thrown out on Sunday; everyone here said the ump botched that call.

But...with that being said...the outcome of the game may have swayed some of the people's decision because had Bonderman stayed in the game we may have won!!! Therefore in the mind of a disgrunteled Sox fan the "Ump botched the call" allowing the Tigers to bring in "stopper" Ledezma and play with extra fire b/c of the bad call by the umpire....

Just thought i would try to put a spinmasters spin on the subject rolleyeyes.gif

But...with that being said...the outcome of the game may have swayed some of the people's decision because had Bonderman stayed in the game we may have won!!!  Therefore in the mind of a disgrunteled Sox fan the "Ump botched the call" allowing the Tigers to bring in "stopper" Ledezma and play with extra fire b/c of the bad call by the umpire....

Just thought i would try to put a spinmasters spin on the subject  rolleyeyes.gif

Go read the gamethread from that day then. It was essentially universal that Bonderman didn't deserve to get tossed, right after it happened. Then come talk to me about spinmasters.

Find the replay.  Watch Burke take not one but two steps inside the 3rd base line to give Hunter the plate while he waited on the ball.  Then watch Hunter put his arms up and step out of the basepath to intentionally clock Jamie rather tthan taking the slide to the plate Burke gave him.  It was bulls***.

Hunter had every right to be prepared to take Burke out on a hard play at the plate IF he was in the path regardless of whether he had tha ball.  Burke gave hime a clear and uncontested slide to the plate and instead Hunter took him out.

Perfectly said. Couldn't have described it better myself... :cheers

Go read the gamethread from that day then.  It was essentially universal that Bonderman didn't deserve to get tossed, right after it happened.  Then come talk to me about spinmasters.

I wrote that just off the top of my head....i didnt say that anyone actually felt that way, especially you 2K4 i hold you in such high regard! I just wanted to use the word spinmasters in a sentence my utmost apologies...

But my opinion of the Torii Hunter play is this...I did think he was out of line, there was no need to hammer Burke but I dont think to wrongs make a right...go out and win tonight, play hard, slide hard, hit hard and win the ballgame....nothing stings more than an sound assbeating

I have a feeling that most would not like that play if our player went ot of his way to demolish the catcher. If it was a play that the catcher was blocking the plate and/or he had the ball the that is a different story. I feel the same way Queen Prawn does about this situation.

I wrote that just off the top of my head....i didnt say that anyone actually felt that way, especially you 2K4 i hold you in such high regard!  I just wanted to use the word spinmasters in a sentence my utmost apologies...

No problem. I just wanted to make sure you knew that..

No harm, no foul :)

:cheers

What was wrong with the play were that Torii went out of his way to hit Burke who didnt even have the ball yet. Also, i only saw it a couple of times but it looked like Torii led with a foreamr or shoulder or something directly at Burke's head. Someone has to drill him tonight. You must back up your teammates. Burke deserves as least that. Hopefully our pitchers dont all turn into Shawn Estes about this