More Wrigley news

Chicago White Sox fan Ed Magurany wears a Chicago Cubs' hard hat with a chunk of concrete glued on top during the game against the Minnesota Twins, Monday, July 26, 2004, in Chicago. There were three incidents of concrete falling from the upper deck last week at Wrigley Field prompting thorough inspections during the Cubs road trip. (AP Photo/Brian Kersey)

I can't believe the Tribune Company would take such a stupid risk just to make some more money that they don't even need.( Then again it is the Tribune Company)

You'd be surprised what a company will do after reading a CBA. See the Ford Pinto if you need an example.

I can't believe the Tribune Company would take such a stupid risk just to make some more money that they don't even need.( Then again it is the Tribune Company)

If I were the Tribune Company, I'd let the crowds in and let the concrete fall.

Hell, none of those places were built to last 1,000,000 years. Yankee Stadium was falling apart before it was shut down for total renovations. Comiskey was beginning to crumble. Tiger Stadium is crumbling. And Wrigley, Comiskey, and Tiger (Briggs/Navin Field) were all built at about the same time, Comiskey being the oldest.

But if I were Trib Co., I'd be looking at an antiquated stadium I could not expand that is undersized and also a historic landmark protected by law and a shrine to a bunch of drunks. One either has to keep operating it...

or....

let it fall apart so the city moves in and Daley does shut it down and then the Tribs says, what can we do? We have to build a new park...

and the blame is not on the Trib anymore, it was circumstances beyond their control

They are probably clapping at every board meeting every time a piece of concrete falls and delighted with every story in which the city speaks of it being unsafe.

If I were the Tribune Company, I'd let the crowds in and let the concrete fall.

Hell, none of those places were built to last 1,000,000 years.  Yankee Stadium was falling apart before it was shut down for total renovations.  Comiskey was beginning to crumble.  Tiger Stadium is crumbling.  And Wrigley, Comiskey, and Tiger (Briggs/Navin Field) were all built at about the same time, Comiskey being the oldest.

But if I were Trib Co., I'd be looking at an antiquated stadium I could not expand that is undersized and also a historic landmark protected by law and a shrine to a bunch of drunks.  One either has to keep operating it...

or....

let it fall apart so the city moves in and Daley does shut it down and then the Tribs ays, what can we do?  We have to build a new park...

and the blame is not on the Trib anymore, it was circumstances beyond their control

They are probably clapping at every board meeting every time a piece of concrete falls and delighted with every story in which the city speaks of it being unsafe.

Sad. And true.

Sad.  And true.

Sad?

Sad?

If the Trib wants to build a new stadium and raise a lot of money, they should auction off the "blow up Wrigley" rights, I'd certainly get some action in that.

as our most prolific poster says:

Blow it up!

Sad?

Sad?

If the Trib wants to build a new stadium and raise a lot of money, they should auction off the "blow up Wrigley" rights, I'd certainly get some action in that.

as our most prolific poster says:

Blow it up!

I meant that it's sad that the Trib will do what you suggest, not that it's sad that it go away.

Maybe they can put a net in their dugout to catch the team as they fall in the standings!!! Nyuk Nyuk!

Hope someone didn't already say this joke.

LMAO :cheers err which team :crying :banghead