Which would you suggest?

Queen Prawn

Which Cable TV and Internet Provider would you choose?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cable TV and Internet Provider would you choose?

• Comcast
    • Wide Open West (W.O.W.)

Comcast now has high speed internet in my area so we actually have a choice between high speed internet providers. Costwise, the edge seems to go to WOW.

Does anyone have an opinion on either provider? (We want to have our internet and cable from one provider. We are going to sign up for digital cable at the time we choose a provider.)

Thanks! :headbang

Comcast's gonna have the Chicago Sports channel after this Sox season is over, so, unless you wanna buy all of the sports packages, you gotta have Comcast in order to watch.  Just fyi.

I think most cable companies are still gunna get comcast sports net. Ive never heard of WOW so i dont know if they will though.

So if this Chicago Sports thing happens, no more WGN games? Great, I can't watch my team anymore.  :crying

theyll be some GN games, i think they said 90 somethin games on Comcast, its just pretty much taking the place of FSN. And the chicago sports thing is official already.

theyll be some GN games, i think they said 90 somethin games on Comcast, its just pretty much taking the place of FSN. And the chicago sports thing is official already.

Actually, something like 100-110 Sox games will be on Comcast Sports Chicago.

oh yea.

Good point.  Are/Were are interchangeable parts in this case. :bang

Speaking of cheap, air tickets up there are $139 round trip.  I wish I could get away.

ATA had like $59 or $69 advertised in the paper the other day. If Ang weren't going to Vegas...

I take it the airlines are in a fare war again...

The distribution of games between WGN, WCIU and Comcast wll remain the same as it is now. Comcast is simply replacing FoxSportsNet so that the teams involved can make some money of the channel.

Comcast's gonna have the Chicago Sports channel after this Sox season is over, so, unless you wanna buy all of the sports packages, you gotta have Comcast in order to watch.  Just fyi.

I dont know if I believe that or not. The Chicago sports teams would be DUMB not to allow the channel onto other cable providers. They would lose a LOT fo the views by saying "get Comcast, or else". The reason it is being called Comcast Sports Net is because it is being bankrolled by them. As long as WOW picks up this Comcast SportsNet, i will be happy. It is my understanding that most area cable provides will carry the channel, ti is just a matter of working out a deal. Once that happens, I have a feeling FSN will fold here in Chicago and ComcastSportsNet will take it's place.

Just FYI, according to ComcastSportsNet's webpage (http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/), there will be a HD channel as well, so all the home games should be in HD if they are on WGN or ComcastSportsNet. :headbang :headbang :headbang

I have WOW and have never had any problem with it that i recall. My parents bought an HD TV and it looks GREAT. I will say though, that if you want HD content, Comcast has the better deal. if I am not mistaken, Comcast offers ALL its HD channels for $5. WOW is about $15 for all of them. But, as for cable outages or problems with service, I've never had any.

The problem I have with Comcast is that they seem to raise their rates about once a month. The problem we have with their plain cable (as opposed to their digital cable) is that we are paying for HBO and not getting it - when Brian called, they said something along the lines of "then get digital cable." I guess it is what they have been trying to do so they have no more broadband cable subscribers (broadband is the non-digital cable, right?).

If you want really good HD stuff, go with Direct TV(Satilite) Really good.

I love the concept of satellite TV, but from everything I have seen, the second you have bad weather (typically rain or snow) you can forget about getting a signal, it is as good as gone. That is my main concern about satellite TV. OH! and not to mention that you need a set-top box for every TV. With regular Cable, you can just plug in and you are ready to go (unless you want the more advanced features)