DNC People on the street

jasonxctf

seeing that I live and work in the burbs, I haven't had a chance to see the DNC people everyone's been discussing on the board until this morning.

earlier today I had a meeting at the Hancock building and on my way back I was approached by a DNC girl. She couldn't have been any older than 21.

In any case, in her shy voice, she was asking people on the street if they would like to support the DNC's causes. As I walk by this girl get's cursed out by a older woman. This woman must have been in her 60's and was dressed like she probably lives in the Gold Coast. (Since I lived there for 2 years, I can pick out these type of eliteists like a sore thumb)

I started thinking about it.. what's so hard about saying thanks but no thanks. Sure this woman is entitled to her free speech, just like those fans cursing at the Sox game, but this poor girl was obviosuly shaken and is just trying to reach people to discuss what she believes strongly in.

Am I missing anything Sox fans?

No I totally agree with you. Its not like you are yelling at John Kerry and it matters. These people are either volunteers or low paid workers. It is totally classless IMO.

By the way did the old lady say "Shove it" or "f*** you" and did she refer to the girl as a "complete bastard"?

I agree with saying thanks but no thanks on the most part. However, their are a few times I've been nasty to someone asking for political support.

One time, someone walked up to me and asked me if I wnated to sign something to destroy the evil, war-monkerer who has ruined this country. I of course responded by saying....nah, Kerry isn't going to be elected anyway :lol:

But I hate it when anyone walks up and just says really vicious stuff about any political figure. I have and did the same thing when someone went up to me and asked for me to sign something about removing Gray Davis. THe person said it in a complete jackass way, and while I signed the petitition eventually, I didn't sign it from this guy.

As long as they are polite, I am more then happy to give a friendly, no thanks.

I believe the comment was something like...

"f*** You, I'd never help those bastards."

Hmm so half Cheney, half Heinz. Interesting.... :ph34r:

But yeah Jas, the lines they use crack me up. I have never had one act stupid towards me. The only bad experience I have seen is with them shaking down the homeless-mentally ill. Now the LaRouche gang is another story...

I should add, my expiriences weren't with people from the DNC, rather people that were doing petitions, which from what I know are seperate things.

The Heinz thing was rather funny. The thing I don't get is she is quoted as saying it, yet her people continue to deny it. I mean its not that big of a deal, although its incredibly funny, and I guess the whole unamerican thing could blow up, but her reactions was priceless (In a good way, I like to laugh).