Brock Lesnar Update

why is that so funny?

You act like hes a joke and this is some stunt.. the man is a beast, and could very well turn out to be a good player

You automatically think he's going to become starting DT for the Vikings or something? It doesn't matter if he's a beast, if he can't play with the right technique and show the right attitude his ass is outta there.

You automatically think he's going to become starting DT for the Vikings or something? It doesn't matter if he's a beast, if he can't play with the right technique and show the right attitude his ass is outta there.

hahaha! and when did I say he was gonna be starting??

you making fun of it will just make you look all the more stupid IF he becomes a good player.... Wrestling isnt a joke, and just because you obviously find it one doesnt mean everything the man does has to be ridiculed

I thought he was planning to be an LB :huh

Now we just need The Rock to get his ass back on a football field...

Having met Brock several times when he was wrestling here in OVW (Ohio Valley Wrestling) after just signing his contract with WWE out of the Univ. of Minnesota, I wish him the best of luck. He's a class guy whom I have a lot of respect for and I think he'll do well in whatever he decides to do. And ManofSteel, you are right, covering the wrestling business as extensively as I did for a few years with my site, it is far from an easy business or profession. It is not a joke as it is stereotypically made out to be, it's demanding on your body and requires a lot of discipline to maintain top physical condition. Lesnar may not even turn out to be a NFL player, but I applaud his effort for trying.

Having met Brock several times when he was wrestling here in OVW (Ohio Valley Wrestling) after just signing his contract with WWE out of the Univ. of Minnesota, I wish him the best of luck.  He's a class guy whom I have a lot of respect for and I think he'll do well in whatever he decides to do.  And ManofSteel, you are right, covering the wrestling business as extensively as I did for a few years with my site, it is far from an easy business or profession.  It is not a joke as it is stereotypically made out to be, it's demanding on your body and requires a lot of discipline to maintain top physical condition.  Lesnar may not even turn out to be a NFL player, but I applaud his effort for trying.

What site did you have?

Sounds familiar.

It was pretty big there for a while.

Got around 35,000 uniques a day and over 6 million page views a month at its peak.

I left the site at the beginning of 2001 amind a payment dispute and pressure from the WWE to either close or drastically revamp the site.

Now it just forwards to wrestlesite.com and is complete garbage.

So is Lance Armstrong. Now Lets see him put on some skates and go play in the NHL...

Lance Armstrong doesnt have the body for Hockey... he would get killed...

Lesnar on the other hand could very well be a football player... you dont know how he is going to do.. but its just stupid to make a joke of this because he was a wrestler..

I wasnt making a joke BECASUE HE WAS A WRESTLER. What I was making a joke about is saying just becasue he is a great athlete doesnt mean he can play any sport. I used to be a big wrestling fan, then when I turned 15 I realized how stupid it was. :lol:  But the wrestlers themselves our in great shape, no question. But that doesnt mean becasue he has a great build and is athletic he can make with guys that have been playing football there whole lives. I know he used to play, but no where near the amount NFL players have.

This isn't just a case of an athletic guy going out for a sport they are not familiar with.

Lesnar was an all-state high school football player, and his athletic skills are catered for football. The guy runs a 4.7 and has a 35 inch vertical, add that to his ability to out muscle and manuever people (he was a former NCAA wrestling champ...the real wrestling, not the fake s***).

I don't think he will ever be a star, but this isn't going to be like the time Manute Bol tried to play hockey.

Got around 35,000 uniques a day and over 6 million page views a month at its peak.

I left the site at the beginning of 2001 amind a payment dispute and pressure from the WWE to either close or drastically revamp the site.

Holy s***....35,000 unique hits per day? I'm going to assume that there are thousands and thousands of wrestling sites. How did you attract so many people? That is unbelievable.

Ah, yes during the internet boom, the ad money was rolling in. Yeah, they shut down a lot of sites that used their logos or had mulitmedia of theirs as well.

I wasnt making a joke BECASUE HE WAS A WRESTLER. What I was making a joke about is saying just becasue he is a great athlete doesnt mean he can play any sport. I used to be a big wrestling fan, then when I turned 15 I realized how stupid it was. :lol:  But the wrestlers themselves our in great shape, no question. But that doesnt mean becasue he has a great build and is athletic he can make with guys that have been playing football there whole lives. I know he used to play, but no where near the amount NFL players have.

yeah i wasnt even refering to you when I said make a joke of it... it was to the guys on the front page making the Jokes..

Holy s***....35,000 unique hits per day?  I'm going to assume that there are thousands and thousands of wrestling sites.  How did you attract so many people?  That is unbelievable.

It was quite unreal there for a while and Show is right, the ad money was running wild, lining my pockets and WWE got pissed about my live PPV coverage and took notice. Great while it lasted though and I got to meet a lot of cool people...to name a few: SCSA, Jericho, Undertaker, Hardy Boyz, Lita, Benoit, Malenko, Jim Ross, Lesnar, Sheldon Benjamin and several others. Good times indeed.

It was quite unreal there for a while and Show is right, the ad money was running wild, lining my pockets and WWE got pissed about my live PPV coverage and took notice.  Great while it lasted though and I got to meet a lot of cool people...to name a few: SCSA, Jericho, Undertaker, Hardy Boyz, Lita, Benoit, Malenko, Jim Ross, Lesnar, Sheldon Benjamin and several others.  Good times indeed.

its Shelton Benjamin ABoz :P