I don't get it

Yoda

You have a full house on Sunday and Monday (yes.... I said Monday) but the Sox lose. I wouldn’t be so mad at them if they would have tried to come back and rally. Instead they lose 6-2. A full house. I feel sorry to all that went yesterday because that game was pretty boring. I hope to see the offense for tonight.

You think the Twins and Tigers are just going to oblige a bunch of White Sox fans because they came in large numbers?

While I believe the players get more adrenaline from playing in front of a large crowd, I don't think they'll all turn into All-Stars just because more people are watching them than normal. Think about it, it pumps up the other club to know that they can send home nearly 40,000 unhappy. Works both ways.

You have a full house on Sunday and Monday (yes.... I said Monday) but the Sox lose. I wouldn’t be so mad at them if they would have tried to come back and rally. Instead they lose 6-2. A full house. I feel sorry to all that went yesterday because that game was pretty boring. I hope to see the offense for tonight.

Teams like the dodgers, yankee$, cubs, and red sox lose at home and they consistently have over 30,000 at home. It's not the end of the world.

Teams like the dodgers, yankee$, cubs, and red sox lose at home and they consistently have over 30,000 at home. It's not the end of the world.

Yes but rarely do we have 30,000+ on a weekday. I know it’s not the end of the world it’s just that this team has a problem. They always rely on scoring runs via the HR, which is not always good. And if we don't take 2 out of 3 from this series the Twinkies may own 1st place for a while.

There was 27,000 at the game on Sunday..not exactly a full house.

THis series will not make or break either team's seasons. We have 6 more games with them in the final two weeks, that's going to be the make or break time.

Yeah, but we really need to start playing like we want to go somewhere. I know the injuries hurt but se still have enough weapons on this team to do some real damage to damn near anybody.

I spent some time on the Twins message board and shared a couple emails with a high school friend who I noticed lived in Minnesota. Universally they view the Sox as weak in desire. They believe if the race is close, we will find a way to lose. They believe Mark wins easy games and is no better than a 4 or 5 starter in pressure games.

No fire, no desire, no killer instinct.

They are worried that Oz may change that for a while. Basically they took the second most talented team the past two seasons and out played us.

They believe Mark wins easy games and is no better than a 4 or 5 starter in pressure games.

I agree with almost everything said, but what I have quoted.

Buehrle really has never pitched a big game in September...IIRC, we had ELo, Garland, and Colon go in the 3-game set in Minny, though I cannot recall off the top of my head who went in the first game we lost in Chicago to Minny in that 4-game stretch down the run.

If any one of our pitchers is not a big game pitcher, it is ELo. He had 2 chances to help drive a stake through the heart of the Twins last year, and failed. He gave up 5 runs in the finale of the 3-game set, and surrendered like 6 in 3 innings in Minnesota(though people will use the fact that he was sick to help cover his ass on that one...if that's the case, he showed that he does not have the heart and desire of a champion, or that he was in fact sicker then a dog. I remember seeing Michael Jordan take the Bulls on his back when he had a severe case of the flu, and he essentially won that series0

THis series will not make or break either team's seasons. We have 6 more games with them in the final two weeks, that's going to be the make or break time.

Wrong.

This series will make or break the Sox because I think it will determine whether KW stands pat or goes for help. If the Sox end up 3.5 games out after this series, which it looks like they will, KW does nothing and the Sox come in 7 games out in 2nd place. If they are 1.5 games back or .5 game up, KW goes out and gets some help.

This series, because it's so close to the trading deadline and the Sox need help so bad, determines whether the Sox have a chance this year.

:crying  :banghead Lets just realize it's over.

Ozzie failed and our players (except for Aaron Rowand) have no heart and hustle and the only one that does have it has to deal with the vendetta of the manager against him... :headshake

:puke

Just don't post on this board when you are drunk or depressed or whatever. Just shut the f*** up. We still have over two months of baseball left and most of that is against our pathetic division while the Twins have to play out of the division.

Just don't post on this board when you are drunk or depressed or whatever. Just shut the f*** up. We still have over two months of baseball left and most of that is against our pathetic division while the Twins have to play out of the division.

Thank you. This season is NOT over. We can't play worse ball than we are right now. Might as well get it out of the way if we have to play like this. :usa

So losses like these last night and tonight dont mean as much as they do at the end of the season? I dont care how much time is left in the season, we need to win these big games. Losses like these add up at the end of the year. Ya minny is going to cleveland which is tough for them. However if they sweep the sox, this could be just the catalyst they need to go on a big win streak. And if we take this negative momentum to detroit we could easily be 7 back at the end of the week. Thats why series against minnesota are huge no matter when they are, cuz they set the tone for a few weeks.