Honest Question

fathom

Can this Sox team really compete with all the injuries it has against a healthy Twins team that has Stewart and Mauer back (as of this wknd) and if they add Benson? Luckily, the schedule is in our favor. However, the loss of our two best players for the season seems like a huge barrier to have to overcome. This is in no way a sky is falling thread. Rather, it's a realistic view that losing Maggs and Frank might be too much to overcome. Instead of having offensive production from our catcher, 2b, and 3b be considered an added bonus, we now have to rely on them.

I don't think so and I think this series so far substantiates that. We couldn't hit good pitching with Ordonez or Thomas, why are we going to start hitting it now without them? Through a game and a half so far against the Twins, they have dominated our best pitchers and we can't do anything vs. theirs.

Back up the truck....The season is over

I wouldn't say the season's over, and I'm the board pessimist. Rather, we can feast on KC if we play well the rest of the season. However, I just wonder if this team is good enough right now to beat up on bad teams like the Twins used to do.

Can this Sox team really compete with all the injuries it has against a healthy Twins team that has Stewart and Mauer back (as of this wknd) and if they add Benson?  Luckily, the schedule is in our favor.  However, the loss of our two best players for the season seems like a huge barrier to have to overcome.  This is in no way a sky is falling thread.  Rather, it's a realistic view that losing Maggs and Frank might be too much to overcome.  Instead of having offensive production from our catcher, 2b, and 3b be considered an added bonus, we now have to rely on them.

The answer, my friend is Kenny Williams. Whatever he does to bring in talent to the White Sox by Saturday Evening will show what direction the White Sox are in for 2004.

But the questions Kenny Williams needs to answer is:

Is it worth trading away the remainder of the already beridden minor league system for a rent-a-player, knowing that the White Sox may not be able to compete with Minnesota?

What do I get to solidify our ball club?

Who do I get?

It's too bad that the trade deadline isn't in another week instead of this Saturday. It would have given more time to see what direction this team is going in. If the Sox were to be 7 games back by the end of next week, then I woud say try to trade Loaiza. Tomorro'w game is all-so important for the rest of the season.

It's too bad that the trade deadline isn't in another week instead of this Saturday.  It would have given more time to see what direction this team is going in.  If the Sox were to be 7 games back by the end of next week, then I woud say try to trade Loaiza.  Tomorro'w game is all-so important for the rest of the season.

I don't think anybody should need another minute to see which direction this team is going. Without substantial help this team is at best a second place team and trading Olivo/Reed/Morse/Rausch will have got us exactly nothing.

I really don't think we can recover from this.

The Twins are just too good and they will have no problem beating all comers.

If we continue to play like this the Tigers and Indians will feast on us and we'll be lucky to wind up in 4th place... :crying

I know I sound over dramatic but It really depresses me to get swept by the twins (Elo is a lost cause, this was our only shot to avoid the sweep)

:puke

You are being overly dramatic Jeckle.

Just as if we won the first two of the series wouldn't

guarantee us squat, losing the first 2 doesn't matter

either.

The problem is no Maggs; no Frank means big

trouble, coupled with the fact Uribe is not the Uribe

of early in the year; our catchers can't hit much

and we have little to no speed.

We're probably continue to be streaky which means

we'll be in the horsecrap division race til the end.

I am beyond fed up with this team and their need to lose as many games in arow as they win (as in they go on a 4 game win streak, they feel they must then immediatly go on a 4 game lose streak).

I am starting to think it might be time to take a little break from the Sox (a few days, maybe a week just to reduce the frustrations).

I dont think we should get rid of our minor league studs for THIS year... We need to play with what we have because we could be REAL good soon with what we have in the minors... We can still win this division this year without going trade crazy for players... We have a very good minor league system, and we have some studs that could be huge for us soon... I just dont wanna see them all go for THIS year...

Maggs and Frank hurt... but we have to play through it

The answer, my friend is Kenny Williams. Whatever he does to bring in talent to the White Sox by Saturday Evening will show what direction the White Sox are in for 2004.

But the questions Kenny Williams needs to answer is:

Is it worth trading away the remainder of the already beridden minor league system for a rent-a-player, knowing that the White Sox may not be able to compete with Minnesota?

What do I get to solidify our ball club?

Who do I get?

Saturday isn't the end. In fact, most moves will be made in the waiver deadline period than before the trade deadline, IMHO. IIRC didn't we get Sully last year during the waiver deadline period?

:sigh: The team goes into the slightest slump - and people on the board start to show their true colors... It's unfortunate, but there seem to be a lot of bandwagon jumpers here...

Saturday isn't the end.  In fact, most moves will be made in the waiver deadline period than before the trade deadline, IMHO.  IIRC didn't we get Sully last year during the waiver deadline period?

:sigh: The team goes into the slightest slump - and people on the board start to show their true colors...  It's unfortunate, but there seem to be a lot of bandwagon jumpers here...

Yes, we got Sully August 21st of last year. Unfortunately I agree with you about the bandwagoners.

I dont think we should get rid of our minor league studs for THIS year... We need to play with what we have because we could be REAL good soon with what we have in the minors... We can still win this division this year without going trade crazy for players... We have a very good minor league system, and we have some studs that could be huge for us soon... I just dont wanna see them all go for THIS year...

Maggs and Frank hurt... but we have to play through it

I agree. The big difference between us and the Twins is that they always play hard and they believe they will win. That's what makes a winner. Even now, without Frank and Maggs, I think we have equal and probably more talent. The Twins don't have anyone to compare with Maggs and Frank, but they still win. It takes more then talent. It takes a winning attiitude. We had talent last year and lost. Ozzie had an interesting thing to say, (paraphrasing) this team wasn't brought up the right way and basically doesn't know how to win. I believe Ozzie will instill that winning attitude here, hopefully this year but definitely in the future. What the Sox need to do is find their "heart", quit being streaky, play hard everday and let the chips fall where they will. I get pissed at these loses but I haven't give up. We can still win this division. Let's just do it! :headbang