We SUCK!!!!!!!

gr8shagz

No f***ing way this team makes the playoffs. What a joke. Once again we get our asses beat by a small market f***ing team with average talent, at best.

Ozzie had better f***ing ream this teams asses out after these two sickening performances the past two days..... :fyou

No f***ing way this team makes the playoffs. What a joke. Once again we get our asses beat by a small market f***ing team with average talent, at best.

Ozzie had better f***ing ream this teams asses out after these two sickening  performances the past two days..... :fyou

careful you can't be pessimistic on this board, they think we are god's gift to baseball.

Ozzie had better f***ing ream this teams asses out after these two sickening  performances the past two days..... :fyou

:headshake Then again another STUPID THREAD :puke

:stupid

This current team isn't very good, but that's what will happen when you lose your 2 best players. It just so happens that only Konerko, Lee, and Rowand are playing good right now, but no one else is stepping up. Lets just hope that KC unloads their team, and we can feast on minor league players like the Cubs did vs the Reds lst year.

I think that this team needs alot of changes.

First off Jose in the 2 hole is killing us...

He's hitting .238 or something right now.

We need to have Willie leading off and AROW in the 2 hole.

Let Jose have his occasional HR in the 7 spot. He need people who will do the little things to try and get on base.

I'm really trying to remain realistic here but if Ozzie insists on using his boy in a spot where he is obviously hurting this team then there is not more as fans we can do.

If AROW is back in the 7 hole tommarrow I will be really pissed

See you next year then, as I see you have jumped off the bandwagon. This team will be fine. No team has ever gone undefeated. Remember, we swept the Twins not too long ago and it all evens out. We will go down to the wire with then. Just be patient.

How much you wanna bet that if we saw this team win 5 in a row, people would wonder when the playoffs started?

Of course they would. People's moods about their teams are almost always linked to the teams current play. The team plays well and people are happy and optimistic the team plays poorly and, well you have the board in the current state.

We SUCK!!!!!!! yeah,... well so do the upcoming pitchers, carlos silva(sox have done well against him) jason johnson, jeremy bonderman(who didn't pitch long last outing against the sox), mike maroth, gary knotts, and jimmy gobble. now none of those pitchers are aces, so i say if there is no offense in the future 6 games and we don't win at least 4 we're in big trouble. especially if nothing is done by the trade deadline. and by that time the sox should have another pitcher(whether it is a sp(benson) or rp(mota)) and an offensive at bat( whether it is outfield(batista, beltran, wilson, finley, makowiak, cliff floyd) or catcher(lopez, kendall, zaun) or seattle dropouts(boone, or olerud)

Of course they would.  People's moods about their teams are almost always linked to the teams current play.  The team plays well and people are happy and optimistic the team plays poorly and, well you have the board in the current state.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be like that.

But the swings should not be this extreme. If we get swept by the team that's in front of us, and we are left 3.5 games out, that is nothing to cry about. It is obviously cause for concern, but consider that no matter the outcome tomorrow, we will be ahead in the season series. I also look to the fact that Minnesota has a month's worth of schedule ahead of them against above or around .500 teams(with the exception being a series or two against Seattle), and then I look at the fact that the Sox have a months worth of schedule against sub-.500 opponents, with the exceptions of Boston and Cleveland(and Detroit, if you want to count them, and I don't).

All teams have losing streaks, all teams get swept, all teams lose big series in the year...that we know.

So why, because we've lost the first 2 to Minnesota in Chicago, are we already "done"? I know you personally may not feel this way, but I'm asking everyone in general...why are we done? We've been in this exact same situation before, in fact, we faced it earlier in the year, losing the first two in Chicago to Minnesota, only to win the finale and save face. Minnesota faced this same situation, only more drastic, last year, after losing the first 2 of a 4-game set against us in Chicago, and all they did was win the next 5 meetings they had against us.

So to those who have actually stayed sane and realized we are not done yet, thank you.

And to those who think we're done...WAKE THE f*** UP. We're out 2.5 with 64 games to go. And, for the most part, those 64 games are against sub-.500 teams.

careful you can't be pessimistic on this board, they think we are god's gift to baseball.

It's not that at all, but you act like a bandwagoner. You're just like what witesoxfan described. You're asking how long it is until the Kansas basketball season starts whenever we lose a couple of games in a row, but you're first in line for World Series tickets when we win 2 in a row.

It gets old.....

I'm not saying it shouldn't be like that.

But the swings should not be this extreme.  If we get swept by the team that's in front of us, and we are left 3.5 games out, that is nothing to cry about.  It is obviously cause for concern, but consider that no matter the outcome tomorrow, we will be ahead in the season series.  I also look to the fact that Minnesota has a month's worth of schedule ahead of them against above or around .500 teams(with the exception being a series or two against Seattle), and then I look at the fact that the Sox have a months worth of schedule against sub-.500 opponents, with the exceptions of Boston and Cleveland(and Detroit, if you want to count them, and I don't).

All teams have losing streaks, all teams get swept, all teams lose big series in the year...that we know.

So why, because we've lost the first 2 to Minnesota in Chicago, are we already "done"?  I know you personally may not feel this way, but I'm asking everyone in general...why are we done?  We've been in this exact same situation before, in fact, we faced it earlier in the year, losing the first two in Chicago to Minnesota, only to win the finale and save face.  Minnesota faced this same situation, only more drastic, last year, after losing the first 2 of a 4-game set against us in Chicago, and all they did was win the next 5 meetings they had against us.

So to those who have actually stayed sane and realized we are not done yet, thank you. 

And to those who think we're done...WAKE THE f*** UP.  We're out 2.5 with 64 games to go.  And, for the most part, those 64 games are against sub-.500 teams.

I don't feel that way at all and yes I do think we still have a great shot at the playoffs. All I am saying is that people let their emotions get the best of them. The reason it may be extreme in this case is that we are facing the team ahead in the standings and have performed very poorly. While it may not be logical to say the team is done, it is simply an emotional response. People like to vent their frustations and while it may be annoying when there is so many we suck threads this forum wasn't meant only for optimists.

I don't feel that way at all and yes I do think we still have a great shot at the playoffs.  All I am saying is that people let their emotions get the best of them.  The reason it may be extreme in this case is that we are facing the team ahead in the standings and have performed very poorly.  While it may not be logical to say the team is done, it is simply an emotional response.  People like to vent their frustations and while it may be annoying when there is so many we suck threads this forum wasn't meant only for optimists.

I can't argue with that...afterall, I don't come on here looking for arguments.

I just think people need to look at the big picture. This team is probably the streakiest team in the majors...you can have a stretch of 10 games where they go 9-1 and are damn near unbeatable...and then the next 10 games they go 3-7 and people wonder where they offense went...and then the average 9 runs a game for the next 7...and then they score a combined total of 9 in their next 4 games.

If we can make a move, and start one of those good streaks, we could be in first place within 2 weeks.

Funny - you have two posts - and surprise surprise, it's another one of these threads. I love it how all these people start posting now that we've lost three in a row, yet are no where to be found when we were rattling off four out of five.

You people give me a headache.

Yup your right this deficit is impossible to come back from. We're one game back in the loss column, we win tomorrow and we're tied in the loss column. Jeez, I'm mad how the team has played these two games also but some of you people are ridiculous, step back from the f***in ledge this team is going to be fine. Please don't come back if the sox win this division, these threads get f***in annoying after every loss. :headshake

We SUCK!!!!!!! yeah,... well so do the upcoming  pitchers, carlos silva(sox have done well against him) jason johnson, jeremy bonderman(who didn't pitch long last outing against the sox), mike maroth, gary knotts, and jimmy gobble.  now none of those pitchers are aces, so i say if there is no offense in the future 6 games and we don't win at least 4 we're in big trouble.  especially if nothing is done by the trade deadline.  and by that time the sox should have another pitcher(whether it is a sp(benson) or rp(mota))  and an offensive at bat( whether it is outfield(batista, beltran, wilson, finley, makowiak, cliff floyd) or catcher(lopez, kendall, zaun) or seattle dropouts(boone, or olerud)

One of these days we need to beat good pitching, cuz thats all we will see in the playoffs

One of these days we need to beat good pitching, cuz thats all we will see in the playoffs

Nobody is scoring on Johan, right now he's virtually unbeatable and guess what, we've beat him twice. I guess Sabathia and Lee aren't good pitchers either so yeah your right this team f***in sucks, sell, sell, sell, Kenny we need prospects this season is over.