Exorcist: The Beginning

Yoda

NC-17 in Question

July 27, 2004 — According to Captain Howdy: NC-17, that is the question... It was revealed recently the MPAA will slap the new Exorcist prequel Exorcist: The Beginning with an NC-17 rating, 'due to the film being to graphic and violent'...

Click below for the full article!

Source: Captain Howdy

Who besides me felt like turning off the television when you saw Reagan’s face literally covered with vomit and all sorts of s***?

Anyways... The Exorcist is the best horror film out there, this prequel will suck all sorts of things though.

Who besides me felt like turning off the television when you saw Reagan’s face literally covered with vomit and all sorts of s***?

Not me. My problem was that I couldn't even look at pea soup for about 10 years after first seeing the movie.

Anyways... The Exorcist is the best horror film out there, this prequel will suck all sorts of things though.

Agreed on the Excorcist being the greatest, scariest horror film ever made.

I remain hopeful that the upcoming prequel will be decent, though certainly not equal to the original. I saw the trailer the other day and it looks genuinely frightening and has an atmosphere similar to the original.

Excorcist II: The Heretic is perhaps the worst film ever. Excorcist III had it's moments, but in the end was a tird retread of the original and most other splatter flicks of the day. Plus the insistence to bring back the dead Father Damian in some form was stupid and lacked imagination.