Party's over...

gr8shagz

all we can hope for is that the Yankees maintain power of the Twins and that the Sox can beat bad teams.

I truly believe that is the one team Minnesota truly "fears". They walk into Yankee Stadium expecting a loss, & they walk into the Metrodome expecting a loss.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all we can hope for is that the Yankees maintain power of the Twins and that the Sox can beat bad teams.

So that's how it is? We beat up on bad teams, but come playoff time we get our asses kicked and sent home? IMO, if we can't beat the Twins and if this streakness continues, we won't head to Round 2. Let's face it.

Bad comparison.

When the Sox swept the Twins it left the Twins only 1 game out. 

One thing for sure, KW has got to drop the phone now and not invest one more penny or one more player on this team.  He should just wait and see if the Twins somehow collapse or if Frank or Maggs returns.

Another person who thinks a white flag trade is the way to go.

One thing for sure, KW has got to drop the phone now and not invest one more penny or one more player on this team.  He should just wait and see if the Twins somehow collapse or if Frank or Maggs returns.

That's not kenny's philosiphy. They're 2 games back in the loss column, they still have a great chance to get into the postseason. I doubt he's going to sit back and think well maybe the twins will collapse, maybe will get frank and maggs back, he'll most likely go out and try to put this team over the top like he always does.

The depth of the Twins bullpen is vastly underrated.  If they do get Benson, then their pen will be Nathan, Rincon, Romero, Balfour, Fultz, and Mulholland.  That's a hell of a lot better than Shingo, Marte, Politte, Jackson, Cotts, and Adkins.

Yeah they do have a pretty damn good bullpen.

Now be honest, I wont start a thread about this, but be honest... Who thinks this team can go deep into those playoffs?

Honestly, nobody knows who can or who can't go deep into the playoffs. This team isn't playing well right now but if they get hot right around october, going into the playoffs with a hot streak, throwing garcia and buehrle out there the first couple of games, who says they can't go deep into the playoffs. Get in and anything can happen.

Now be honest, I wont start a thread about this, but be honest... Who thinks this team can go deep into those playoffs?

I think it all depends on the status of Frank and Maggs come playoff time, or if we make a move in the next few days. I would seriously mortgage the farm for right now. I know most disagree with that, but that is my opinion, and just be thankful I'm not the GM.

The depth of the Twins bullpen is vastly underrated.  If they do get Benson, then their pen will be Nathan, Rincon, Romero, Balfour, Fultz, and Mulholland.  That's a hell of a lot better than Shingo, Marte, Politte, Jackson, Cotts, and Adkins.

Um, have you looked at the numbers? The last two have ERA's over 4, and Romero is damn close(and includes a demotion). Balfour has a good ERA but they must not trust him much if we didn't see him. I like Politte, especially recently, not sure I can say I would trust any of their other guys if I were a Twins fan.

f*** this team...they're DONE. Another f***ing year down the tubes and another f***ing year that we get our asses beat by a small market team with s*** talent.

<clip>

f*** the Sox, f*** the Twins...and  :fyou

Well Mr. July, why not direct your comments towards yourselves and leave the Sox fans alone?

OK - party is over, time for YOU to leave gr8. Bye bye, and as the saying goes, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

We played like s*** and deserved to get swept. Now shake that off, and go to Detroit and KC and take four out of six.

Joe Nathan is absolutely incredible.

In 1997, he was a starter for the local (Salem-Keizer, OR) shortseason A team. If I had known he would have become such a killer to the Sox, I would have cursed his right arm. It's kind of funny who becomes what form single A to the major leagues.

You feeling ok?

I am perfectly fine.

when some people are panicing, my friend Steve was the first to say that he yet still expects good things from this team

in the community of Sox fans, what else matters?

Thank you Steve!

And I salute him.

michigan_state_full.jpg