Why does everyone think the world is over?

It sucks very much that we were swept and are down 3 and a half games back, but I don't think Ozzie will let the sox lay down the rest of the season. I think the sox can still win it. I mean what happened to all of this "the Twins are done when they play ball clubs over .500?" If that is so true they still have a lot to go. It's time for Ozzie to have a talk with the team about playing the game right. How are you gonna put the leadoff man on with no outs and not even get him over? That will change, just please stop all these "the season is over" threads. Who is with me? I don't know if any but you guys have got to have some faith. With that said :bringit.

Any everyday Brian gives thanks for that.  ;)  :lol:

by the way, ever notice that the only whiners and cry babies here are some (repeat, some) of the males? None of our female posters carry on like that. I think some of our male posters need uterus implants so they will toughen up and display the same maturity as the women amongst us.

It sucks very much that we were swept and are down 3 and a half games back, but I don't think Ozzie will let the sox lay down the rest of the season. I think the sox can still win it. I mean what happened to all of this "the Twins are done when they play ball clubs over .500?" If that is so true they still have a lot to go. It's time for Ozzie to have a talk with the team about playing the game right. How are you gonna put the leadoff man on with no outs and not even get him over? That will change, just please stop all these "the season is over" threads. Who is with me? I don't know if any but you guys have got to have some faith. With that said  :bringit.

I think it's pretty obvious, have you ever seen a team comeback from a ridiculous 3.5 game margin in July, that's just unheard of, Season over, lets white flag it and get ready for next year.

I'm with you, man. These losses hurt and are tough to watch but this team is to good to be this bad and they'll wake up and be right in the thick of things come october.

by the way, ever notice that the only whiners and cry babies here are some (repeat, some) of the males?  None of our female posters carry on like that.  I think some of our male posters need uterus implants so they will toughen up and display the same maturity as the women amongst us.

LOL! :cheers

I definitely whine, I just try to hide it in humor. Works sometimes, other times it doesn't. ;)

It's over because we've lost about 230 RBIs.

with no replacements in sight.

To think we're going to win without Maggs AND Frank is folly.

The evidence of our problems on offense is too strong to overlook.

what's odd is that we still have the slugging.. it's just that our table setters have cooled off remarkably. Our offensive woes are largely in part that our #1 and #2 guys can't get on base.

How many innings has Konerko lead-off with a HR? Everytime it happens, it feels like a waste because there should at least be a guy on base from the previous inning...

It's over because we've lost about 230 RBIs.

with no replacements in sight.

To think we're going to win without Maggs AND Frank is folly.

The evidence of our problems on offense is too strong to overlook.

So I guess Maggs and Thomas are out the rest of the season? I doubt that and like morecowbell said, its not that our power has been lost but our tablesetters to make the power hurt are not doing their job. Maggs and Thomas arn't the reason we are losing, we were losing before they left.

Where losing Maggs and Thomas hurts is not the loss of power, but the loss of 2 high OBP guys. It was Maggs and Frank that would be on base for Konerko in the past. Our table setters have got to get it going again.

I guess now we know how the Twins felt when the Sox swept them at home last time.

I just looked out the window and, although it is behind some clouds, the sun indeed rose this morning.

Time to move on. Schoeneweis v Johnson. 6:05 tonight.