Anyone else pleasantly surprised with...

Queen Prawn

I was just taking a peek at his numbers and they weren't bad for what we thought we'd get. I have to admit that he's been a pleasant surprise at catcher (to me in any sense).

Just curious what everyone else was thinking of him since Olivo's departure (or maybe even before)...

Edited by Queen Prawn

Maybe it was just hope upon hope, but I was hoping in the 9th inning, he would step up and jack one deep to straight center, where Hunter would look like he would try to rob it, but watch as it goes off his glove. That would've been divine payback. B)

Oh well; his single was pretty sweet though. :lol:

Yes I was thinking the same thing after the game..I was pissed but on there was a positive and that was our catcher position. Maybe Ben Davis is getting his bat back and Burke continues to impress me with his bat and his arm behind the plate...

JB has been a hell of a player for us.

I have a feeling he will come up with something big for this team in the end.

(of course, if you say that enough times, you'll undoubtedly be rewarded somewhere down the line with a great call, right? :D )

I've been very impressed with Jaime Burke, hitting over .300 and gunning down baserunners. I also see Ben Davis has raised his batting average 50-60 point since coming over. If this continues and they both call a good game, I think we' re solid at catcher.