Official Bears Training Camp Thread

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple updates of what i heard:

-Briggs, Reese, and Odem are the starting LBs with Briggs being MLB

-Booker will miss night practice with hammy (not as serious as Urlacher)

-Berrian on PUP

-Tait didnt do the morning practice but will practice tonight

-Gandy has a pull in his leg, dont think hes practicing tonight

-Azumah isnt practicing tonight

More updates after the night practice, after the sox game.

Another Jersey

imageQ20.JPG days til kickoff

The first week of practice is when alot of injuries happen, right? I have always seem to notice it, but in mini-camps nothing happens. What is up with that!

well its usually the little puss injuries, the only serious one as of now is Urlacher (PFT.com says MRI negative and says 2-4 weeks for Urlacher, but i dont believe them, they arent usually right). Tonights practice is full pads so be prepared for more injuries.

Went today am practice and T.Jones can and will turn the corner he had a 50 run today and Atrain in cannot turn any corner. Rex looked good and D.Terrell looked as bad as it can get. I am also going on Monday morning thats all from today I saw.

Is it wrong to be excited about this season? The O-line should be awesome and with an overhaul of an offense, it could get excitin'!

Hell, I'm excited. I've always believed that the lines (defense and offense) are what makes the whole system click, and our offensive line could manhandle people, especially if Quasim Mitchell or Aaron Gibson are able to step up and take that LT spot.

Our D-Line, OTOH, could go either way. It's gonna be very young, either way - I'm expecting Brown-Harris-Johnson/B-Rob-Haynes to fill out our line, so you never know with young guys.

Nice pics, Champ.

BTW - I'm seeing/hearing two different things. On CB.com, it said Terrell had a good day, but others are saying he had a s***ty day.

Another thing - Thomas Jones is so f***ing buff. Look at those biceps! Just a little smaller than myne... ;) :lol:

Silvey on ESPN 1000 said it was only a roster technicallity he should still be in practice but will be off the PUP next week.

I just read on chicagobears.com that he's out b/c of a pulled hammy he suffered a while ago, but should be able to practice next week, like Chimpy said.

Here, this is a pretty good read, I found it from a guy on the Bears message boards, who found it from another message board (it's about J-Hood tonight, talking Bears. Like I said, good read):

J Hood doing show from training camp and has been Bears intensive

First guest I heard was Booker. Booker stated his injury is a carry over from minicamp. Said he tweaked it and it has never gotten 100%.

With regard to practice, OTAs, minicamps, Booker said he is very suprised how physical things have been. He said guys are aggressive because they want to make an impact and get noticed. he feels that has its good side and bad side.

On the O over the past couple of years - it was "too reliant" on him. He felt it did not use the assets of the rest of the team. He like getting the ball but felt it took away from the others. With this reliance he felt a tremendous amount of pressure. He didn't mind the pressure but felt the ball should have been spread around more. He also commented how in this O he will get the ball on the move.

He talked about how the ball will be spread around this year. He mentioned 3 TE sets, fullhouse backfields and many formations that fans have not seen in awhile.

On Shea - Booker called him "wild". He said all the O players feed off him due to his intensity and excitement for the game. Booker was talking about how Shea calls all the Qbs "REx".

On Lovie- he is laid back and trusts the coordinators to do their thing. He steps in when he needs to and lets people know what they should be doing. Said he is an "overseer".

Booker talked about how he wants to finish his career in Chicago and doesn't want to be one of those salary cap casualties in the future.

Michael Haynes was also on and said the same thing about Lovie. Haynes talked about Chico said it is interesting and beneficial that Chico is in on every defensive meeting (D line, LBs, DBs). He said Blache never came to a D line meeting. He said he is also shocked that Chico does not curse anyone out. He said with his experience with Blache, he thought that is all NFL coaches do. He said their is a deep respect for Chico.

He said even after just three practices, they watch film of the practice afterward, he is amazed at how much faster the team seems. He said it is like night and day from last year.

First meeting he had with Lovie, Haynes said Lovie called him fat and out of shape. He said he was shocked when Lovie told him to get down to 265. he said he got down to 260 and was told to put weight back on. He said he was at about 295.

J Hood asked for Haynes impression of T Jones. Haynes said what is impressive about Jones is that he is all about football all the time. He said he is a workout freak and is also doing drills.

Ryan Dinwiddie was also on. He said the typical rook things - how fast things are and how impressed he was with everybody. He said he was also impressed with Jones. He feels comfortable with the O since they ran a similiar O at Boise St. He sounded confident.

I saw him and Krenzel both play a few times in college (late night tube for BSU) and like what Dinwiddie can bring. I'll root for him for 3rd stringer.

It was just reported that Laurence Holmes, Bear reported from the SCORE that he was informed that Url will be out for at least 4 weeks.

Here are a couple more things (BTW - I feel I should let you guys know where I'm getting this stuff from. I'm getting this from a poster on the Bears message boards, NaNaBear2, who's getting it from PoHarry on footballhuddles message boards.):

Tom Thayer was also on. He feels success of O line depends on Rex Tucker. If he remains healthy the line will fall into place.

Likes the intensity and ethic he sees in Columbo. Said no one works harder and he has seen some progress but feels there is a ways to go.

Thayer believes Train can be the man. Thayer has confidence in him and believes he can catch the ball but said Train needs to stop hesitating at line and needs to hit the corner.

Talked about Bears practicing against the Rams because they can see different personnel and different schemes. Talked about when they did it and how they always ended up brawling with the other team.

Likes the intensity and ethic he sees in Columbo. Said no one works harder and he has seen some progress but feels there is a ways to go.

Well, that's really good to here. Even if Marc can't make it back, at least it sounds like he's working his ass off to get back. If somehow, he can come back, that would be awesome. Although, personally, I don't think he will.

Update from last night:

Grossman: Looked better than yesterday, had a couple passes batted down. Seems to throw the long balls and routes better than screen passes.

Thomas: Was catching the ball very well, running with authority. Plowed over Marcus Reese.

Jones: Was catching balls to, can turn on a dime, has excellent speed. I see Jones having a breakout season.

WRs: Everyone was catching the ball. Booker wasnt in practice. No "Stoned Hands" label to give out.

Berrian: He wasnt in pads, but was running and catching passes on the side. Looked very fast.

Terrell: Dropped a couple hard catches, but is a lot faster and developed some nice moves in coverage

Gage: Always caught the long ball.

Wade: Running excellent routes. Shea really like him.

Vasher: Looking good on Punt returns.

Bryan Johnson: Was catching the ball and just absolutley plowing over people.

Looked good.

That's all i got so far. Couldnt find any good pictures.

RS-Mike%20Green%20Action.jpg days til kickoff!!