Official Bears Training Camp Thread

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet the Bears got Vontez Duff former ND CB off waivers.

Doubt he will make much of any impact but I like him. :)

They also got CB Blue Adams.

Giving our secondary a Green, Brown, and Blue.

The Bears waived Kelly and Elliott.

Here's the link to that article for those of you who always need proof:

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=3329

Sweet the Bears got Vontez Duff former ND CB off waivers.

Doubt he will make much of any impact but I like him. :)

They also got CB Blue Adams.

Giving our secondary a Green, Brown, and Blue.

The Bears waived Kelly and Elliott.

How can you forget the other SS Bobby Gray ;)

Cuts will have this team down to a 53 man, final roster by 3:00 PM Central tomorrow.

A couple of the interesting developements:

Someone has to go in the secondary. We should only keep nine or so, yet we have: Tillman, McQuarters, Azuuuumah, Vasher, McMillon, Brown, Green, Worrell, Johnson, Gray. One of the safeties is definitely going to go. None of the first four will go, Mike Brown definitely won't go, and it's unlikely the versataile (can play nickel back or safety.) Mike Green will go.

Also, Adrian Peterson or Brock Forsey? In my mind, Peterson deserves to be the number 3 back on this team - hell, if you can find a good deal to trade Anthony Thomas, I'd be all for Adrian as our number two halfback.

The defensive line has a lot of bodies, and considering the coaching staff seems enamored with Kashama and Idonaje (sp?), it's likely some of the big guys in the middle will go - maybe even B-Rob, but not likely.

Damn, I cannot f***ing wait till next Sunday. BRING ON THOSE f***ING LIONS! :headbang :headbang :headbang

Cuts will have this team down to a 53 man, final roster by 3:00 PM Central tomorrow.

A couple of the interesting developements:

Someone has to go in the secondary. We should only keep nine or so, yet we have: Tillman, McQuarters, Azuuuumah, Vasher, McMillon, Duff, Brown, Green, Worrell, Johnson, Gray. One of the safeties is definitely going to go. None of the first four will go, Mike Brown definitely won't go, and it's unlikely the versataile (can play nickel back or safety.) Mike Green will go.

Also, Adrian Peterson or Brock Forsey? In my mind, Peterson deserves to be the number 3 back on this team - hell, if you can find a good deal to trade Anthony Thomas, I'd be all for Adrian as our number two halfback.

The defensive line has a lot of bodies, and considering the coaching staff seems enamored with Kashama and Idonaje (sp?), it's likely some of the big guys in the middle will go - maybe even B-Rob, but not likely.

Damn, I cannot f***ing wait till next Sunday. BRING ON THOSE f***ING LIONS! :headbang :headbang :headbang

Damn, I cannot f***ing wait till next Sunday.  BRING ON THOSE f***ING LIONS!  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Same here...

Today I found out from my dad that he can get 4 tickets for a game (enough for my family) from a client who has season tickets. The guy said any game except GB and Washington. So I was like Lions game so my dad's gonna ask if he would be willling to give those up. :headbang

Either way I cannot wait, I am so jacked.

Same here...

Today I found out from my dad that he can get 4 tickets for a game (enough for my family) from a client who has season tickets.  The guy said any game except GB and Washington.  So I was like Lions game so my dad's gonna ask if he would be willling to give those up.  :headbang

Either way I cannot wait, I am so jacked.

That's awesome. I'm looking for a ticket for the game next weekend, but the cheapest I can find is 175. I'm willing to dish out good money for a ticket, but not that much.

You'll have an awesome time if you go. Bears games are so f***ing awesome, especially when the Bears play well.

That's awesome.  I'm looking for a ticket for the game next weekend, but the cheapest I can find is 175.  I'm willing to dish out good money for a ticket, but not that much. 

You'll have an awesome time if you go.  Bears games are so f***ing awesome, especially when the Bears play well.

I've been to 2 Bears games...

When I was 6, hardly remember it.

And the playoff game vs. the Eagles. :fyou Hugh Douglas.

I've been to 2 Bears games...

When I was 6, hardly remember it.

And the playoff game vs. the Eagles.  :fyou Hugh Douglas.

Ugh, I was there too.

Three things stick out in my mind from that game:

-Before the game, the Eagles jumping up and down on the Bears logo at midfield. Mercy, the Bears should have knocked the f*** out of them just for embarassing our team like that... The whole stadium was booing them so friggin' loud, it was crazy. Some of the guys looked like they were going to jump out on the field and kick some ass, lol.

-Ahmad Merrit with the huge reverse run. I don't know why I remember that, it just got the crowd so pumped up, and was one of the few bright spots of the game.

-Ugh - the nail that went into the Bears' heart, as well of the city of Chicago's heart - Donovan McNabb dunking the ball on the goalpost. We'll get those Philly f***s back in week four... :headbang Donovan, meet Adawale! :nono :usa :snr

-Ahmad Merrit with the huge reverse run.  I don't know why I remember that, it just got the crowd so pumped up, and was one of the few bright spots of the game.

Dude, that's crazy.

As soon as I read your "things that sitck out in my mind" that's the exact play I thought of.

Hmm - I don't mind the cut of B-Rob at all. He really isn't a stud DT, and it will be nice to just cut Tank and Tommie loose and see what they can do. We're going to be really young on defense, but you never know how good/bad a young team will perform. Hopefully, the leaders on this team like Mike Brown, Brian Urlacher, and Alex Brown will be able to step up and lead this defense.

http://chicagobears.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=3411

Here's the official word:

LAKE FOREST, Ill. - Bryan Robinson, Brock Forsey, Ahmad Merritt, Bryan Knight and Rabih Abdullah were among the players released Sunday as the Bears reached the NFL's mandatory 53-man roster limit.

A wealth of promising young players made Bryan Robinson expendable. 

Other players who were cut included CB Blue Adams, OL Bryan Anderson, P Brooks Barnard, WR Aaron Boone, LB Jeremy Cain, DE Quinn Dorsey, CB Vontez Duff, WR Andre Forde, OL Mike Keathley, CB Alfonso Marshall, DE Shurron Pierson, TE Mike Pinkard, LB Jerry Schumacher, OL Josh Warner and DE Cliff Washburn.

Tight end Gabe Reid was placed on injured reserve with a knee injury he sustained in the preseason finale in Cleveland.

Tackle Marc Colombo was put on the physically unable to perform list, making him ineligible to play in the first six weeks of the season. Colombo has been sidelined since dislocating his knee Nov. 18, 2002 in a Monday night game at St. Louis.

A wealth of promising young prospects made Robinson expendable. The longest tenured player on the defense was cut after registering 331 tackles and 16½ sacks in six seasons with the Bears.

With Robinson gone, first-round draft pick Tommie Harris will move into the starting lineup. The former Oklahoma star has shown flashes of the quickness and athleticism that made him so enticing on draft day.

End Alain Kashama and end/tackle Israel Idonije both made the final roster after impressing coaches throughout training camp and the preseason.

Adewale Ogunleye and Alex Brown will start at end with Michael Haynes also part of the rotation. Other tackles on the final roster include second-round pick Tank Johnson, Alfonso Boone and Ian Scott.

Brock Forsey rushed for 191 yards on 50 carries last season as a Bears rookie. 

As expected, Adrian Peterson edged Forsey for the third and final running back position behind Thomas Jones and Anthony Thomas. Peterson outperformed Forsey (27 carries for 97 yards) in the preseason, rushing for a team-leading 214 yards on 47 attempts.

It also wasn't a surprise that Daryl Jones beat out Merritt for the fifth and final wide receiver job behind David Terrell, Bobby Wade, Justin Gage and rookie Bernard Berrian.

Jones led the Bears with six receptions for 75 yards in preseason action. He also averaged 29.3 yards on six kickoff returns, though Merritt bested him in that category with a 36.0-yard average on five returns.

Two of the big winners Sunday were Cameron Worrell and Todd Johnson. The second-year safeties were believed to be competing for one job, but both made the final roster.