My views

The Beast

My oh my.

How can I describe today's performance? Disappointing? Sure. Something is seriously wrong. And it is not Jose Valentin dropping the ball in the 10th inning. I don't blame anything on that. We had our chances in the 7th and 9th and could not execute.

Borchard needs to be sent down. Theres no question he's not ready for the majors. As soon as I am shown a .200 average, then you can talk with me about him.

I don't blame the game on Esteban either. We knew coming in this year he would not be the god he was last year at 20-9. He'll NEVER, EVER be the same as he was again. Not to say he won't be dominating or even a overaverage guy, but he won't return to that form.

Today, Carlos shouldn't have swung at a 2-2 pitch on the outside. He was going to miss it, so why swing? Was there a hit and run on? I didn't think so.

Also, that was stupid to have Jose run to 3rd. How many times will it take to get in a manager's head that a 35 year old runner with injured hamstrings will not steal third base? I mean I know Ozzie wants to be aggressive on the basepaths, but seriously. Jose? Come on. He should have put Harris in and then he should have put Uribe at short.

I'm not the manager, and that is all in my opinion.

Do not blame Jose for dropping that ball. The White Sox did not execute in the 9th inning, and they had two chances.

Do not blame anything on Shingo Takatsu. The guy worked a scoreless ninth, and you know, thats all he really is supposed to do.

I'm a little worried that the White Sox aren't hitting, but I'm not that concerned of being 3 1/2 games out with our schedule.

Remember, the trade deadline is Saturday at 3:00 CDT. We'll see what goes on. If we get someone, pay day and a early merry christmas to all.

Catcher. Jason Kendall. Who else would be a better fit? Schneider? IDK about him and his stats so i cannot talk.

My oh my.

How can I describe today's performance? Disappointing? Sure. Something is seriously wrong. And it is not Jose Valentin dropping the ball in the 10th inning. I don't blame anything on that. We had our chances in the 7th and 9th and could not execute.

Borchard needs to be sent down. Theres no question he's not ready for the majors. As soon as I am shown a .200 average, then you can talk with me about him.

I don't blame the game on Esteban either. We knew coming in this year he would not be the god he was last year at 20-9. He'll NEVER, EVER be the same as he was again.  Not to say he won't be dominating or even a overaverage guy, but he won't return to that form.

Today, Carlos shouldn't have swung at a 2-2 pitch on the outside. He was going to miss it, so why swing? Was there a hit and run on? I didn't think so.

Also, that was stupid to have Jose run to 3rd. How many times will it take to get in a manager's head that a 35 year old runner with injured hamstrings will not steal third base? I mean I know Ozzie wants to be aggressive on the basepaths, but seriously. Jose? Come on. He should have put Harris in and then he should have put Uribe at short.

Do not blame Jose for dropping that ball. The White Sox did not execute in the 9th inning, and they had two chances.

Do not blame anything on Shingo Takatsu. The guy worked a scoreless ninth, and you know, thats all he really is supposed to do.

I'm a little worried that the White Sox aren't hitting, but I'm not that concerned of being 3 1/2 games out with our schedule.

Remember, the trade deadline is Saturday at 3:00 CDT. We'll see what goes on. If we get someone, pay day and a early merry christmas to all.

Catcher. Jason Kendall. Who else would be a better fit? Schneider? IDK about him and his stats so i cannot talk.

Not just because of today, but i do not think borchard will ever be ''ready''. Valentin was not sent he was just caught of second and blanco faked a throw doewn to second, so then jose went to third.

:banghead

I agree Borchard definatly is not ready, and I also think they should have had Borchard DH for Davis and Aaron DH for Willie instead of the other way around.

I also dont think Jose should be off the hook for that drop just because Borchard screwed up in the 9th. Jose makes that catch and we are into the bottom half of the 10th with a chance for a walkoff or an 11th inning.

No way shape or form does Shingo get any blame here, he pitched a perfect ninth and would have pitched a good 10th had jose not pulled a ross gload.

The Sox offense has looked pretty pathetic as of late....and for the trade dealine I also hope we can somehow get Kendall.

My oh my.

I don't blame the game on Esteban either. We knew coming in this year he would not be the god he was last year at 20-9. He'll NEVER, EVER be the same as he was again.  Not to say he won't be dominating or even a overaverage guy, but he won't return to that form.

Like I always said to you beastly these minor leagers have a 50% chance of making it. Borchard will always struggle because he can't cut down the swing. Now we will have a hard time trading him. He is simply not what he was suppose to be. We dearly miss Maggs and Thomas in the lineup. We will not resign Loizia. He throws way too many home run balls. This series was very dissapointing, too bad people are showing up too!!!

Like I always said to you beastly these minor leagers have a 50% chance of making it. Borchard will always struggle because he can't cut down the swing. Now we will have a hard time trading him. He is simply not what he was suppose to be. We dearly miss Maggs and Thomas in the lineup. We will not resign Loizia. He throws way too many home run balls. This series was very dissapointing, too bad people are showing up too!!!

Quickman,

Its a wonder of what we can now do. Rauch, Majewski, Olivo, Morse, and Reed were traded. Garcia is kept, and as for Everett, who can either opt out of here (highly unlikely) or stay with the team he "loves."

I think the only position I am worried about giving up is pitcher because that is what the White Sox always seem to need.

I'm not worried about trading Borchard as long as the White Sox re-sign Magglio, while letting 5 million dollar Jose and 6 million dollar Loaiza go.

Okay, so Thomas is out for 8 weeks, and Maggs is out for 6 weeks. Can we withstand such losses and pace with the Twins, hoping that those two can get healthy?

I also dont think Jose should be off the hook for that drop just because Borchard screwed up in the 9th. Jose makes that catch and we are into the bottom half of the 10th with a chance for a walkoff or an 11th inning.

I am letting Jose Valentin off the hook here. Joe Blow needs to lift a fly ball in the air. Thats all they needed to do.

You blow one opportunity, or two, you don't get a third. I don't give 3 chances to anything without a justified effort.

Quickman,

Its a wonder of what we can now do. Rauch, Majewski, Olivo, Morse, and Reed were traded. Garcia is kept, and as for Everett, who can either opt out of here (highly unlikely) or stay with the team he "loves."

I think the only position I am worried about giving up is pitcher because that is what the White Sox always seem to need.

I'm not worried about trading Borchard as long as the White Sox re-sign Magglio, while letting 5 million dollar Jose and 6 million dollar Loaiza go.

Okay, so Thomas is out for 8 weeks, and Maggs is out for 6 weeks. Can we withstand such losses and pace with the Twins, hoping that those two can get healthy?

nope you need a bat at the top of the lineup

while letting 5 million dollar Jose and 6 million dollar Loaiza go.

Why on earth would you let Jose go? If you can resign him for $4 mill per for 2 years, you do it...we don't have a replacement as of yet(you think Uribe can play SS for an entire season? Lmao), and he's relatively cheap, is a leader in the clubhouse, etc...you just don't let him go.

Regarding Loaiza...I say if you can resign him for $5 mill a year for a couple years, you take the risk...play a game of russian roulette and see if he doesn't regain that velocity next year. If he does, you have yourself a steal. If not, you have a burden of a contract.

I'd rather have those two at $9 mill next year with $5 mill extra to play around with then to have Maggs at $14 mill...then again, if he doesn't get the offer he's looking for, there is a chance we can resign him for $6-7 mill and let himself prove that he is healthy next year.

My oh my.

Damn Beastly Pretty Good. Tip my cap

:cheers

I know he's not that bad, but I'm not a huge Everett supporer.

Are we gonna bring him in every year and watch him see

our team go down the drain?

Why didn't we try somebody else this year?

Why bring in Everett again?

Joe B did look clueless today, but we might as well play

him every day and see what happens.

The guy is old enough. It's sink or swim time, but I admit

he certainly looked stiff and useless at the plate today in

my opinion.

p.s. How did Ben Davis hit a home run? I saw that on TV and

thought it was a mirage.

Is there hope for Ben after all? He looked like a pitcher at the plate

on his previous at bat, then next at bat he connects for a HR.

Why on earth would you let Jose go?  If you can resign him for $4 mill per for 2 years, you do it...we don't have a replacement as of yet(you think Uribe can play SS for an entire season?  Lmao), and he's relatively cheap, is a leader in the clubhouse, etc...you just don't let him go.

Regarding Loaiza...I say if you can resign him for $5 mill a year for a couple years, you take the risk...play a game of russian roulette and see if he doesn't regain that velocity next year.  If he does, you have yourself a steal.  If not, you have a burden of a contract.

I'd rather have those two at $9 mill next year with $5 mill extra to play around with then to have Maggs at $14 mill...then again, if he doesn't get the offer he's looking for, there is a chance we can resign him for $6-7 mill and let himself prove that he is healthy next year.

I don't know man. I forsee Jose as a 2 million dollar a year man too. I thought Uribe could handle it. At least he's better than Aaron Miles.

Loaiza, I don't know man. I think it would be beneficial to re-sign him, but...you never know, he could be Mr. 5.00 ERA again by next year without the velocity. I do like his attitude and what he brings to this team.

Magglio we need back. There is no question in my mind that we wouldn't need Magglio back.

I know he's not that bad, but I'm not a huge Everett supporer.

Are we gonna bring him in every year and watch him see

our team go down the drain?

Why didn't we try somebody else this year?

Why bring in Everett again?

Joe B did look clueless today, but we might as well play

him every day and see what happens.

The guy is old enough. It's sink or swim time, but I admit

he certainly looked stiff and useless at the plate today in

my opinion.

p.s. How did Ben Davis hit a home run? I saw that on TV and

thought it was a mirage.

Is there hope for Ben after all? He looked like a pitcher at the plate

on his previous at bat, then next at bat he connects for a HR.

Why would Everett bring the Sox down the drain. It is Borchard's fault that we lost today, under other reasons, too, but I really thought that if we pinch hit Rowand, we could have won this game.

Ben Davis isn't as bad as I thought he would suck. He's going to be a wait-and-see guy for our ballclub, but that doesn't excuse the need for a "post season catcher."

Thanks, Mr. JoshPR, thats a compliment, coming from you at least because I know what you thought about my older posting.

Just keep getting better, and keep up being a passionate fan that's what counts. :headbang

Random thoughts based on what I read here.

Everett was not the reason this team failed last year. If anything, he tried to teach them how to win, but it just didn't take.

From what I read, Borchard hit the ball on the screws in the 9th but it was right at the 3B. How is that his "fault".

Valentin has struggeled lately and really screwed up today, but to let him go is insane. BTW, Jose got picked off due to an attempted sacrifice. The pitch was high and tight and unbuntable. Jose hung himself out to dry, but that is not uncommon for a runner at 2nd under those circumstances.

Two stupid comments. The Carlos comment speaks for itself, I won't bother saying why that is a stupid comment to make.

Then trash Jose? He's the Sox best base runner, has been for years. He made a bonehead play today, but he's still the Sox best base runner. And I don't think Guillen sent him, I think Valentin just made a dumbass mistake.

Then trash Jose? He's the Sox best base runner, has been for years. He made a bonehead play today, but he's still the Sox best base runner. And I don't think Guillen sent him, I think Valentin just made a dumbass mistake.

He is easily one of the best base runners in baseball now.