paypal class action suit???

sox4lifeinPA

An internet based website that you can sign up with and use your credit card and/or bank account to transfer funds to anyone in the world who uses their site as well.

It is very popular with those who buy and sell on eBay.

EBay owns it.

An internet based website that you can sign up with and use your credit card and/or bank account to transfer funds to anyone in the world who uses their site as well.

It is very popular with those who buy and sell on eBay.

EBay owns it.

I've been using it forever and never had an issue. Must be the bigger fish.

Back in 1999 when Paypal was still new, the crooks were working the system faster than Paypal could plug the holes. Some people felt their Paypal money had the same protections as a bank account (FDIC) or a credit card. PayPal felt otherwise. Basically PayPal operated almost like a "gift certificate". You have some money here that we are holding, but we are NOT a bank, we are NOT a credit card.

During that time, some people had their accounts frozen, with hundreds or in some cases, thousands of dollars on "deposit". PayPal was trying to determine if those monies were the results of fraud, or legitimate transactions. Those people are the ones receiving some compensation for not having access to their money.

Back in 1999 when Paypal was still new, the crooks were working the system faster than Paypal could plug the holes. Some people felt their Paypal money had the same protections as a bank account (FDIC) or a credit card. PayPal felt otherwise. Basically PayPal operated almost like a "gift certificate". You have some money here that we are holding, but we are NOT a bank, we are NOT a credit card.

During that time, some people had their accounts frozen, with hundreds or in some cases, thousands of dollars on "deposit". PayPal was trying to determine if those monies were the results of fraud, or legitimate transactions. Those people are the ones receiving some compensation for not having access to their money.

I sold a car on there 11 days after opening my PayPal account and I didn't have an issue getting the $ transfered to my bank account.... Granted it was a one time thing - most of the time I'm buying anyway.. but when I've sold it's been for less than $100 most of the time. Guess I just got lucky.

I sold a car on there 11 days after opening my PayPal account and I didn't have an issue getting the $ transfered to my bank account.... Granted it was a one time thing  - most of the time I'm buying anyway.. but when I've sold it's been for less than $100 most of the time. Guess I just got lucky.

It didn't happen very often, and IIRC it was the high volume accounts that had the problems. If you all of a sudden had a couple hundred people, all paying you the exact same amount, it threw up red flags. Some pyramid schemes, fake raffles, etc. used Paypal because of the lax banking laws.