Latest scoop on Mets-Bucs-Sox deal

YASNY

So, should we sit on our asses and allow the Twins to win this division AGAIN, or are we going to grow up and accept the trading of a minor leaguer so that we can get another power bat to try and get to our 1st f***ing World Series since 1959?

I mean, seriously... don't fall in love with some 19 year old kid.

Yes, I really like Sweeney.. especially since he had a great Spring.

But, the Sox are at a crossroads here... it's s*** or get off the s***ter time.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So, should we sit on our asses and allow the Twins to win this division AGAIN, or are we going to grow up and accept the trading of a minor leaguer so that we can get another power bat to try and get to our 1st f***ing World Series since 1959?

I mean, seriously... don't fall in love with some 19 year old kid.

Yes, I really like Sweeney.. especially since he had a great Spring.

But, the Sox are at a crossroads here...  it's s*** or get off the s***ter time.

I understand what you're saying, but Cliff Floyd is NOT the answer...... :lolhitting

Braves are as bad as the Yankees at overhyping their prospects.

Bruce Chen, Wilson Betemit, Matt Belisle were all supposed to be the Next Great Things.

You could throw Klesko and a few others on the list, too.

Schuerholz is no dummy.

That's why the Braves never stop winning, no matter how many players they lose.

Long time Sox fans know this is the organization that traded way Goose Gossage, Terry Forster, Brian Downing, Denny McLain, Bucky Dent, Johnny Callison, Earl Battey and a ton of other good prospects in Get Rich quick schemes.

It rarely works.

The problem the Sox have is that, unlike the Yankees, if we totally gut the farm system, we won't fix our mistakes by being players in the free agent market.

KW is heading into dangerous territory if he keeps trading our best young players.

How can you disagree?

Everett has yet to see a slider out of the strike zone that he doesn't take an awkward swing at.

Except for his first game with the Sox.. he has been highly unproductive.

He isn't hitting great, yet. He started off slowly last year when we got him also. He'll get it going, he's a good hitter and he'll be very key down the stretch for the sox.

I'd trade a 19 year old "maybe" for a solid LH hitter like Cliff Floyd right now. I've seen too many "can't miss prospects" miss ... big time. Floyd is a proven commodity. He went to Boston in a deadline deal a couple of years ago and performed very well for them. If we can make this deal happen, by God, Go for it.

I mean, yes with all due respect to Mr. Williams he is doing a hell of a job with the White Sox.

But Cliff Floyd for the next top 5 prospect?

No way.

It is almost unheard of in some instances, trading a high priced retiree, for a minor leaguer who has so much potential.

Yes, minor leaguers have a 50/50 chance of making it to the big leagues, but for a washed up veteran? No.

Its not good for business. Adding more money onto the payroll does not help the White Sox much.

Secondly. Why do you need another outfielder? Wouldn't you much rather have a position player like a catcher or a middle infielder who is versatile?

I just don't understand this trade, other than the fact of blocking Minnesota from getting Benson.

Im all for trading minor league talent for major league talent, but come on, Sweeney for Floyd, thats over paying.

Ive always thought Floyd could be a good addition in Chicago, but hes an aging veteran with health problems and a $6.5 million dollar contract.

I hope the Sox add Floyd, but I hope the cost is significantly less than Sweeney.

SB

I mean, yes with all due respect to Mr. Williams he is doing a hell of a job with the White Sox.

But Cliff Floyd for the next top 5 prospect?

No way.

It is almost unheard of in some instances, trading a high priced retiree, for a minor leaguer who has so much potential.

Yes, minor leaguers have a 50/50 chance of making it to the big leagues, but for a washed up veteran? No.

Its not good for business. Adding more money onto the payroll does not help the White Sox much.

Secondly. Why do you need another outfielder? Wouldn't you much rather have a position player like a catcher or a middle infielder who is versatile?

I just don't understand this trade, other than the fact of blocking Minnesota from getting Benson.

It's not happening..just another rumor.