Major League Rumor Beat

Chisoxfn

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's over. Dead men walking now. Season is now over!

There's two problems with that logic.

First of all, that was just the non-waiver trading deadline. Now the waiver period comes, and trades can still be made.

Second problem is that we still have August and September left to play.

Season ain't quite over yet.

From Fox-Sports...

Dodgers get Finley from D-Backs

Diamondbacks center fielder Steve Finley has accepted a trade to the Dodgers. Finley, 39, will play center field for the Dodgers, with Milton Bradley likely moving to left and Shawn Green returning to right.

Finley had the right to veto any deal as a player with 10 years of major-league service, five with the same team.

I have a question about no trade clauses..what if a deal was completed at 2:59, what if a player who had a no trade clause is in the middle of a game playing the field..they cant ask him to accept or decline it on the field. Can they ask him once he comes back in after the deadline???

I have a question about no trade clauses..what if a deal was completed at 2:59, what if a player who had a no trade clause is in the middle of a game playing the field..they cant ask him to accept or decline it on the field. Can they ask him once he comes back in after the deadline???

Nope, the deal has to be finalized by three.

we had to do something.... i just cant see how we wouldnt...

If they are serious about this year a deal will be done.... if not, I am a little worried...

We all thought we would be getting Maggs back and then everything would be great and now Maggs and Frank are both gone.... not good

Hey guys, still have hope. I was watching ESPN News and they said that trades most likely are not announced until 4:15-4:20 ET. This means that a trade could have already happened, it has just not been released to the public yet.

THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN SAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn medication! Always does it to me!!!

rolleyeyes.gif

Anyways...

Kenny Williams will be on AM 1000 - should be within the next hour - so we'll know for sure whether or not a move has been made.

And - I bet Kenny makes a move during the waiver-deadline. IIRC he aquired Scott Sullivan during the waiver deadline period, so I bet he'll aquire someone else during that period too.

Marlins acquired RHP Ismael Valdez from the San Diego Padres for RHP Travis Chick.

Valdez will take over as Florida's fifth starter following the departure of Brad Penny. His value is unchanged. Chick had a 112/27 K/BB ratio in 90 1/3 IP while splitting time between the pen and rotation at Single-A Greensboro, making him sort of interesting. He's not all that much of a prospect, though.

Braves acquired pitcher Tom Martin and cash considerations from the Los Angeles Dodgers for pitcher Matt Merricks.

From Rotoworld:

Trades Are just now coming in....