Major League Rumor Beat

Chisoxfn

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Gammons just reported on ESPN news that the Yankees and White Sox had a deal worked out that would send Contreras and someone else to the Sox for Loaiza and another pitcher but Contreras wouldn't waive his no-trade.

ah! what a lil b****... why doesnt he wanna come here!!!!

Well no one's saying that deal is dead. If both Loaiza and Contreras pass through waivers, and the other players do too, we could still get him...just gotta talk Contreras into coming here.

I think I would have liked that deal...Contreras can be a solid pitcher.

I'm kind of confused how it can't be dead, deadline passed, is it still possible the deal went through, or we talking waiver deal?

It could be already done, just not announced I think.

Also the Yanks have a game going on.

Deals can be announced well after the 4 PM EDT deadline. The main thing is that you send the trade proposal to the Commish's office before the deadline. When RJ was traded to the Astros, the trade was announced at like 7 PM.

Deals can be announced well after the 4 PM EDT deadline. The main thing is that you send the trade proposal to the Commish's office before the deadline. When RJ was traded to the Astros, the trade was announced at like 7 PM.

Cerb, I understand that, I'm just confused that if contreras didnt waive his no trade that he can still be coming, like i said me=lost and confused. :huh: