Did Anyone just here what I heard on the Score?

JDsDirtySox

The Score just said the Sox are talking with the Yankees about sending Schoenwies and Loaiza. Who the Sox would be getting was not mentioned.

If this is true... my guess is it includes Contreras and Lofton.

Lofton Back??? :puke

Contreras I really don't mind

well, i wouldn't mind diaz at 5, he can't be anyworse than schoenweis, granted, scho scho had a good outing last night. What ever, i don't like kenny lofton...of course, that might not be part of this.

I say, we ask back for A-rod...if they don't roll on the floor laughing, i say, they are interested, then BAM, make them pay the salary and the deals done.

The Score just said the Sox are talking with the Yankees about sending Schoenwies and Loaiza. Who the Sox would be getting was not mentioned.

If this is true... my guess is it includes Contreras and Lofton.

Contreras has an ace's upside. Neither Show, nor (velocity-less) Esteban can claim that at this point.

If the rumor has any validity to it, clearly the Sox would be banking on Contreras to flourish under Coop, and on Diaz to improve on the 6.50 that Schoeneweiss posted since like early June. Big risk, bigger reward.

Loften would be huge as long as he stays healthy. I could live with his defense in CF if it means him and Willie are 1-2 in the line-up against righties - check out their OBP against them.

Hopefully another bat would be added before the waiver deadline. Somebody along the lines of Burnitz or Cruz, Jr. Or maybe Catalonato to DH for us if Everett can't get over the latest injury and Frank is not back by late August, which he won't be.

Then again, this trade ain't happening, so yeah.

It sounds like Scott wasn't involved in the trade and good thing too. If we were going to trade for 2 starting pitchers, we had better get back 2 pitchers.

I don't know if you noticed, but Schoeneweiss has been TERRIBLE in quite a while.

He will be much better as a long man out of BP who would fill in the Sean Lowe role if need be. A pitcher like him could really benefit from a few extra mph on his pitches as well as from hitters only seeing him once.

That means Felix Diaz better be ready. His fastball, change and slider are all better than Scott's. Control is key.