Loaiza traded to NY, Contreras discussion

reesdi

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good deal if Contreras is healthy and can pitch like he has in the past. The biggest reason though---Loaiza didn't listen to Cooper and Ozzie. They told him he needed to stop nibbling, to go after hitters aggressively. He refused.

This is a statement trade telling other guys they need to get with the program or they'll be gone as well.

This is a good deal if Contreras is healthy and can pitch like he has in the past. The biggest reason though---Loaiza didn't listen to Cooper and Ozzie. They told him he needed to stop nibbling, to go after hitters aggressively. He refused.

This is a statement trade telling other guys they need to get with the program or they'll be gone as well.

Another Ozzie deal.

I agree, and I also think to add to this, E-lo's little comment earlier to the media about thinking he's worth Garcia money had to do with this too.

C-ya, Elo... your ego got to you. Now you're going to New York where they won't tolerate that s***.

That was the same kind of problems the ELo had in TOR and why they nontendered him in the first place last year.

if this is true, f*** YES!

1. e lo has been HORRID lately

2. Contreras has a HUGE upside and has been starting to show it this year

3. Contreras is signed to a multi year deal so now we have, garcia, burly, contreras, garland and a #5 through 2006!

4. Contreras could be an ACE someday, as i dont think loaiza has it left in him, i knows how to throw a cutter, just doubt that he can get his velocity back and be the same pitcher he was last year

I don’t know about you guys, but it looked as if Esteban was improving, but slowly. Ever since Davis was behind the plate, Esteban looked a little more better. The strikeouts were starting to go up but HR’s were still being hit against him.

Good luck Esteban! :usa

This is a tremendous deal by KW!! Loaiza isn't anywhere near as good as he was last year, and there was no way he was coming back. Hopefully, we got a lot of money from the Yanks to pay the next 3 yrs of Contreras salary. Think of it this way: If he was a prospect, he'd be as high of a pitching prospect that existed in mlb. I would love him w/Buehrle, Garcia, and Garland next year. Way to go KW.

A big upside? He is 34.

Hope it works out, but like ELo he's been a six-inning pitcher of late.

In his last nine outings, he's gone 7 innings twice.

He's been a 6 inning pitcher.

Hopefully he'll strike out a lot of people like Freddie is doing.

But if ELo won't listen to Oz, I guess the trade had to be made.

Even though I love ELo.