Loaiza traded to NY, Contreras discussion

reesdi

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 million is not bad for the for the numbers he could potentially put up.

Considering that Loaiza will want more than double that 4 million, that's a great deal for the Sox. There has also been talk that the Sox could try to make Contreras a closer. That could be interesting. All I remember about Contreras is how he absolutely dominated a good Sox lineup last year at end of season.

Considering that Loaiza will want more than double that 4 million, that's a great deal for the Sox.  There has also been talk that the Sox could try to make Contreras a closer.  That could be interesting.  All I remember about Contreras is how he absolutely dominated a good Sox lineup last year at end of season.

When he's on he's got one of the filthiest sliders I've ever seen.

Considering that Loaiza will want more than double that 4 million, that's a great deal for the Sox.  There has also been talk that the Sox could try to make Contreras a closer.  That could be interesting.  All I remember about Contreras is how he absolutely dominated a good Sox lineup last year at end of season.

They cannot put him as the closer if they wanted to they have no other starters to step up.

Two questions:

Why is Matt Clement still donning kubbie blue?

Why are Cisco, Brownlie, Guzman and Pie still in the Cubs organization?

That's what separates your Hendry's from your Kenny's. They got Ramirez, Garciaparra and Lofton for nothing, while we can't even swing Jose Cruz.

:puke

There has also been talk that the Sox could try to make Contreras a closer

There also has been talk the Cubs could try Wood as a closer. rolleyeyes.gif

Contreras is here for one purpose and one purpose only: to start

....and be f***ing good at it, too. :cheers

We still have no hitting, defense or common sense. 

I like this trade but what would it have cost us to make a run a Nomar.  Valentin is better then Alex Gonzalez.

This trade has really no impact on this season.

Gonzalez has much better defense less home run power and basically the same average. So all in all they are equal.

Two questions:

Why is Matt Clement still donning kubbie blue?

Why are Cisco, Brownlie, Guzman and Pie still in the Cubs organization?

That's what separates your Hendry's from your Kenny's.    They got Ramirez, Garciaparra and Lofton for nothing, while we can't even swing Jose Cruz.

:puke

The flubs gave up Justin Jones who is a pretty damn good prospect, Brendan Harris who also is a decent prospect, Francis Beltran who was supposed to be their closer of the future and Alex Gonzalez for an overrated hitter who hasn't hit outside of Fenway, so you were saying........

The flubs gave up Justin Jones who is a pretty damn good prospect, Brendan Harris who also is a decent prospect, Francis Beltran who was supposed to be their closer of the future and Alex Gonzalez for an overrated hitter who hasn't hit outside of Fenway, so you were saying........

Whatever helps you through the day, I guess.

rolleyeyes.gif

Great Trade first of all. I believe Contreras dominated us at home in april of this year. I also remember Hawk saying how Contreras has one of the nastiest sliders and can dominate anyone's lineup if he put it all together.

2nd off Are they going to pass out those bobble head dolls on Aug 21, just wondering because I have tics.

3rd-Too bad E-Lo couldnt get his 100th win a Sox uni. Thanks a bunch!

4th-Loaiza was a quality guy. Was in the bar at SoxFest all night signing autographs, real personable. My neighbor even bought him a beer signing so many of our cards,bats,balls.

Thanks for a memorable 2003 season last year and your 9 wins this year.

BRING ON THE DEFECTOR! :headbang