Loaiza traded to NY, Contreras discussion

reesdi

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4th-Loaiza was a quality guy. Was in the bar at SoxFest all night signing autographs, real personable. My neighbor even bought him a beer signing so many of our cards,bats,balls.

Dude, I was among some of those people at soxfest. :ph34r:

The flubs gave up Justin Jones who is a pretty damn good prospect, Brendan Harris who also is a decent prospect, Francis Beltran who was supposed to be their closer of the future and Alex Gonzalez for an overrated hitter who hasn't hit outside of Fenway, so you were saying........

Nomar Garciaparra is hitting .333 on the road this year, and .309 at home. That's what they said on ESPN 1000 earlier today, anyway. :huh

Now, who told you that he couldn't hit outside of Fenway? The guy is a hitting machine, no matter where you put him.

Nomar Garciaparra is hitting .333 on the road this year, and .309 at home.  That's what they said on ESPN 1000 earlier today, anyway. :huh

Now, who told you that he couldn't hit outside of Fenway?  The guy is a hitting machine, no matter where you put him.

Agreed.

Cubs clinch wild card with this deal and, in my opinion, should now be the favorites for the World Series.

It shows the difference between a GM who knows what he's doing and one (KW) who doesn't have a clue.

Dude, I was among some of those people at soxfest.  :ph34r:

Yeah SoxFest was a real fun time. I have so many autographs from the 2 nights at the bar, I barely waited in any lines for the fest. I was too busy buying stuff to get stuff signed for the night.

I just got home from training camp and just heard the news what a great trade, NY pays the rest of his salary and the Sox get him for the next two years. The only problem that I have heard about Contreras is that he can not pitch out of the stretch hopefully Coop can figure out what to do because this guy does have a good stuff, I remember Hawk saying he has the nastiest spiltter in the AL.

Someone in this thread said the sox will be paying 4 million in each of the next two years.

It sure doesn't sound like that's the case from the official release on theSox site...

"The right-hander is signed through 2006, with the Yankees paying $3 million of the $15 million Contreras is owed over the next two years."

Sounds like It'll cost us $6 mil a year and not $4 mil.

E Lo was not a fluke. He was a stud.

Why are you so excited about getting a guy who can't pitch

more than 6 1/3 innings?

Stud???

He gave up way more hits then innings pitched, wasn't striking guys out, and was leading the AL in homers allowed (I'm pretty sure on that).

He also had a 4.86 ERA and if you take away the first month or so of the season its over 5. Their is nothing studly about that.

You said:

"That's what separates your Hendry's from your Kenny's. They got Ramirez, Garciaparra and Lofton for nothing, while we can't even swing Jose Cruz."

--That's exactly what I've been trying to say about trades.

Well put!

The Cubs get Nomar for NOTHING!

Those are good f***ing trades.

Our trades generally suck.

We give up TOO MUCH.

Under KW, we are chumps trading.

Stud???

He gave up way more hits then innings pitched, wasn't striking guys out, and was leading the AL in homers allowed (I'm pretty sure on that).

He also had a 4.86 ERA and if you take away the first month or so of the season its over 5.  Their is nothing studly about that.

Colon has given up 28, 5 more than Loaiza.

Nomar Garciaparra is hitting .333 on the road this year, and .309 at home.  That's what they said on ESPN 1000 earlier today, anyway. :huh

Now, who told you that he couldn't hit outside of Fenway?  The guy is a hitting machine, no matter where you put him.

That's taking only a 30 something game schedule from this year. Go to ESPN.com and look at his splits for the last 3 years.

At Fenway- .343

On the road- .267

Plus he's a terrible fielder, he already has 6 errors. Project that over the whole season and he's over 30.

You said:

"That's what separates your Hendry's from your Kenny's. They got Ramirez, Garciaparra and Lofton for nothing, while we can't even swing Jose Cruz."

--That's exactly what I've been trying to say about trades.

Well put!

The Cubs get Nomar for NOTHING!

Those are good f***ing trades.

Our trades generally suck.

We give up TOO MUCH.

Under KW, we are chumps trading.

They gave up quite a bit for an overrated shorstop, although the cubs definately helped themselves out. Nomar is not the player he once was and will see a serious drop in his numbers away from Fenway. However he does shore up their middle infield, but the Cubs gave up some good prospects.

They gave up quite a bit for an overrated shorstop, although the cubs definately helped themselves out.  Nomar is not the player he once was and will see a serious drop in his numbers away from Fenway.  However he does shore up their middle infield, but the Cubs gave up some good prospects.

However, the Cubs now have a very poor defensive middle infield of Walker and Garciaparra, but now the Cubs can sure mash the ball...

I hate to turn this into a Cub board, but it was a backwards rip on Kenny. The Cubs don't give up nothing and get talent. For one, they can afford to take on payroll, so they already start off having to give up les talent. Second, they've given up some solid prospects. At the time of the Ramirez/Lofton deal, Hill was right up there with Patterson on their prospect lists. He was just starting to get a real shot in the majors when they traded him. And this time, they gave up a a young reliever with dominanting stuff who has already been in the majors, and a guy hitting .308 in AAA. We don't even have guys doing that right now(Couldn't find anything on Jones, but he is supposedly a good prospect) They can afford to not give up their top players(altough some of the big prospects are not doing so hot anyways) because they have a deeper system. It's a little easier to build a farm system when you draft in the top 10 every year. The Sox have done that once recently, so they haven't had a shot at guys like Prior and Wood like they have.