Wilson Alverez*

Paul Shuey*

Billy Wagner

Jose Mesa

Rod Beck*

Sterling Hitchcock*

Trevor Hoffman

Felix Rodriguez*

This is the Shopping List the Whitesox SHOULD use in the off-season...checking off all the people that accept their options or get re-signed. The players with * next to their names should be the players the Sox should look at. The rest are players the Sox could think about getting if they were to trade for example Konerko or Lee or Crede.

I personally think they should definitely get a catcher(good game calling, defense, and offense), a middle infielder(proven leadoff guy with excellent speed), a starting pitcher(a number three guy at least), and one or two relief pitchers(someone with velocity THAT DOESN'T WALK IN WINNING RUNS OR GIVE UP GAME WINNING HITS).

Berkman and Maggs are potential FA too, and Matt Clement, all would be nice to acquire/keep. And what do you have against Glaus(I wouldn't care about Crede if we got him), Kent, Percival, Guardado, Benitez, Hoffman, and Wagner? Those guys are all huge upgrades, although I do believe a couple of them have some kind of options.

By the way, unless we somehow get Eric Gagne, every pitcher gives up game winning hits every once in a while.

Here's our team, at the current moment, for next year - and this is with no trades, so this is an unlikely roster, but.

C - _______ , Davis

1B- Konerko

2B-Uribe/Harris

3B-Crede

SS-______

OF-Everett

OF-Rowand

OF-Probably Borchard

DH-Probably Thomas

Rotation of - Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras, Garland, Diaz/Cotts/FA

Bullpen of - Adkins, Cotts, Marte, _______, ________, Takatsu

I'd like to see Troy Glaus signed - I'd like to see a catcher who can handle a pitching staff well, with Davis getting in some time if he can improve his offense, and I'd probably like to see another OF in here besides Borchard. And - we'll need to pick up an arm or two for the bullpen.

At least our roation is basically set for next year - and if we go hard after Pavano, we'll be in very good shape, regardless of what our lineup looks like.

Here's our team, at the current moment, for next year - and this is with no trades, so this is an unlikely roster, but.

C - _______ , Davis

1B- Konerko

2B-Uribe/Harris

3B-Crede

SS-______

OF-Everett

OF-Rowand

OF-Probably Borchard

DH-Probably Thomas

I'd like to see Troy Glaus signed.

Glaus is basically crede with more home runs.

C - _______ , Davis

1B- Konerko

2B-Uribe/Harris

3B-Crede

SS-______

OF-Everett

OF-Rowand

OF-Probably Borchard

DH-Probably Thomas

I'd like to see Troy Glaus signed - I'd like to see a catcher who can handle a pitching staff well, with Davis getting in some time if he can improve his offense, and I'd probably like to see another OF in here besides Borchard.  And - we'll need to pick up an arm or two for the bullpen.

At least our roation is basically set for next year - and if we go hard after Pavano, we'll be in very good shape, regardless of what our lineup looks like.

everett and rowand in the "of"???????????

that will be one of the weakest we had in a very long time.

rowand is batting what????

do you think joe b has turned the corner? i think not.

C - _______ , Davis

1B- Konerko

2B-Uribe/Harris

3B-Crede

SS-______

OF-Everett

OF-Rowand

OF-Probably Borchard

DH-Probably Thomas

I'd like to see Troy Glaus signed - I'd like to see a catcher who can handle a pitching staff well, with Davis getting in some time if he can improve his offense, and I'd probably like to see another OF in here besides Borchard.  And - we'll need to pick up an arm or two for the bullpen.

Also where is lee?

Glaus is a lot better than Crede.  And he was mashing earlier this season, he got that eye-surgery, and he said it helped him a ton.  Unfortunately he got injured, but I'd take him over Crede any day of the week.

I would also take him over crede, but for the money he is gonna want i would pass on him.

.280 2 homeruns and 5 rbi in the last week for lee.

Uribe we shall not discuss.

no, i meant to say what has rowand done in the last 10 games.

my point is even tho i have not been a fan of rowand as a starter, i gave him this season without saying anything for or against.

now i am pointing out that rowand, uribe has been playing over there head and is playing what we can expect to see from them.

can they be counted on to play a everyday position? NO!!!

we need replacement for them.

I'd rather have Beltre then Glaus but Beltre will probably command more money. I don't know where you put Lee but he'll be here. Borch should be interesting now, it seemed like he was already going to be penciled in to right but now with Carl most likely back what happens to borch, another year in aaa? I doubt it. I've been pushing for Pavano the whole time but if we can get Contreras to fix that flaw and pitch up to his stuff I'd actually say our starting pitching would be the strongest area of this team(boy, wouldn't that be nice) so I wouldn't invest money into that, just let Felix be the 5th starter. As far as the bullpen goes, shingo's option will be picked up, damaso is back, adkins is backs, I believe politte has an option(not sure though), and what happens to neal, does he get stuck back in the pen? As far as ss goes I'd like to get a guy with a good glove who could leadoff but that won't be easy to find, we'll see should be an interesting offseason.

no, i meant to say what has rowand done in the last 10 games.

my point is even tho i have not been a fan of rowand as a starter, i gave him this season without saying anything for or against.

now i am pointing out that rowand, uribe has been playing over there head and is playing what we can expect to see from them.

can they be counted on to play a everyday position? NO!!!

we need replacement for them.

I think you are gonna be wrong about rowand he is a career .284 hitter while uribe is just a career .259 hitter. Rowand has proven much more so that he can produce than uribe imo. I don't think a replacement will be neede but we will see as time goes on.