With the Bevy of Trades

LDF

what is left in the cupbard of prospect for the sox.

i know that in the lower level we have a good amount, but how does it look for, lets say prospect who would and should have help within 2 yrs?

how bout 3yrs?

2 years (2005):

Joe Borchard

Felix Diaz

Jeff Bajenaru

Josh Stewart

3 years (2006):

Brian Anderson

Jim Bullard

The "other" Josh Fields

B.J. LaMura

Matt Smith

Arnie Munoz (if moved back to the 'pen b/c I don't think he's got much of a future as a starter)

Dasox, you think sweeney and bmac are gonna take more then 3 years to be here?

I left off BMac 'cause I don't think he'll "contribute" in 3 years. Same for Sweeney. They might be on the big league team, but more than likely Bmac will start off as a reliever like Cotts has and Sweeney will probably not make too much of an impact as a rookie if he is on the 2006 team.

I left off BMac 'cause I don't think he'll "contribute" in 3 years.  Same for Sweeney.  They might be on the big league team, but more than likely Bmac will start off as a reliever like Cotts has and Sweeney will probably not make too much of an impact as a rookie if he is on the 2006 team.

Gotcha. :)

2 years (2005):

Joe Borchard

Felix Diaz

Jeff Bajenaru

Josh Stewart

3 years (2006):

Brian Anderson

Jim Bullard

The "other" Josh Fields

B.J. LaMura

Matt Smith

Arnie Munoz (if moved back to the 'pen b/c I don't think he's got much of a future as a starter)

actually the yrs are off and i read why you did it this way. my bad.

now for your reply,

joe b, i am sorry to say this, but i consider him a wash and will not amount to anything special. sorry, but that is my opinion.

diaz - maybe and i see him more of a middle relief pit

baj - ok i am with you i guess, with a 95 mph fast ball. i wonder if he would be better off as a rp?

j stewart - i think not.

now for the other yr

i am hopefull but can you say you are basing this on talent or hopes???

as for anderson and fields ok.

j stewart - i think not.

Have you been paying any attention the Stewart the last month or so. B/c he's been awesome. He's really making a case for the 5th starter spot for next year, or at least as a middle reliever. If you're saying "I think not" b/c of what he did as a starter in the big leagues, I think that's unfair b/c he's been much better lately.

Have you been paying any attention the Stewart the last month or so.  B/c he's been awesome.  He's really making a case for the 5th starter spot for next year, or at least as a middle reliever.  If you're saying "I think not" b/c of what he did as a starter in the big leagues, I think that's unfair b/c he's been much better lately.

128 innings pitch, 130 hit, 57 so, and 19 hrs oh yeah with an era over 3.00+ and is 7-7.

real talent there.

128 innings pitch, 130 hit, 57 so, and 19 hrs oh yeah with an era over 3.00+ and is 7-7.

real talent there.

He started awful. It has been an impressive stretch to get back to where he is now. Stewart could be a viable 5th option, if he is fully healthy again. That circulation problem after the line drive last year really messed him up.

real talent there.

But his last four starts have been, frankly, unbelievable. I'm not saying he's a top prospect, but he's been pitching his ass off. He's not walking many, has increased his strikeout numbers, and is giving up a small amount of hits.

Remember, he was out all of last year after being hit by the line drive against Baltimore.

Have you been paying any attention the Stewart the last month or so.  B/c he's been awesome.  He's really making a case for the 5th starter spot for next year, or at least as a middle reliever.  If you're saying "I think not" b/c of what he did as a starter in the big leagues, I think that's unfair b/c he's been much better lately.

Have you ever seen him pitch? His stuff is mediocre at best and would probably be #4/5 starter on a bad team. If you want someone with an outside shot of being a good lefty, look at Heath Phillips.

As for your 2007 list, that's just bad. You're being naive to think that even low-level prospects can reach the majors by putting up mediocre numbers. Your 2006 list, I can safely say that 3/4 if not all of those players will not produce a marginal impact in the majors.

As said earlier, your 2007 list is a joke, and that's being nice.

Edited by Cerbaho-WG

But his last four starts have been, frankly, unbelievable.  I'm not saying he's a top prospect, but he's been pitching his ass off.  He's not walking many, has increased his strikeout numbers, and is giving up a small amount of hits.

Remember, he was out all of last year after being hit by the line drive against Baltimore.

Exactly. Thank you, Jason. That's all I'm trying to say.

3 years + 2004 = 2007

Oh, the joys of addition.

I already explained that I was confused about the years, and counted 2006 as 3 years from now b/c I was thinking he was talking about who could help us this year as a september call-up too. So, I made my years like this:

2004=1 years

2005=2 years

2006=3 years

Therefore, I didn't make a 2007 list. And, no, my 2006 list would not transfer over to 2007 just like it is. If I were to make a 2007 list, I would have to add more guys.